Instantly banned without reason!

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by Shadoukun, Jun 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadoukun New Player

Alright this happened about some couple of weeks.
    I was going to play DCUO as usual and I'm about to click "play" and then a panel appears and saying that my account had been banned and that I would contact Custom support, which I did.I opened a ticket and asked for help and quickly got a message telling me
    "I have reviewed your account and I am not shown any ban entries on it. It is a healthy account."
    But still that panel appeared and told me I was banned so I asked them for help and
    they asked me to try out different things as to download the latest PSG-Launchpad and try to repair, but it didn't work for me.
    So then I thought it was perhaps just a bug since that the Support Team told me that my account was a "healthy account"
    But later on I got a new message and this is what they told me:Hello,
    We have evidence that you have been using a cheat in DC Universe Online.
    This action is a violation of our code of conduct, for which you will receive the following penalty: permanent ban.

Please read up on our rules here:
    http://dcuniverseonline.eu/pages/code-of-conduct?height=70%&iframe=true&style=false&width=70%
    -------------
    That was the only thing that they said to me. But they did just tell me that my account was healthy and the most important thing, they said that I had cheated!
    I did never cheat and to be complete honest I didn’t even know that you could cheat in online games since I am not a hardcore gamer and I don’t know anything about computers and that technical stuff. So I sent a quick reply and asked that I really wanted them to show me that “evidence” that they said that they had against me.
    The only thing that I’ve done is to look on WebPages that show where I can find the briefings and investigations and that is not illegal!
    Anyway I wanted them to show me that evidence that they said they had against me in case it could have been some virus on my computer that caused the game to think that I would have cheated, even if it is even possible.

This is the reply I got:

Subject: [#SUH-269-32950]: Violation of our Code Of Conduct
    Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 16:10:53 +0200
    Greetings,
    we regret that we had to turn to this measures to protect the integrity of the game and the welfare of the other players. However, there are certain violations of our rules and our terms of services that merit definite sanctions, even in the case of a first time violation.

According to our logs you have violated article 8. and 9. of the code of conduct, which results in severe sanctions, like a permanent ban:

8. You may not modify any part of the ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH game clients, servers, or any part of the ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH websites, without the express written permission of ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH. This includes, but is not limited to, any hardware or third party software that allows unattended game play or anything other action which we determine as an unfair advantage to your character or player controlled object.

9. Modification of any portion of the software or components or use of third party programs or hardware to modify computer memory that gives any unfair advantage or enable unattended game play will result in the termination of all ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH game accounts.

Due to data security regulations we are not at the liberty to hand out any proof or log files to you. The prove is however solid and your account ban will not be lifted.

Please read up on our rules here:

http://dcuniverseonline.eu/pages/code-of-conduct?height=70%&iframe=true&style=false&width=70%

Sincerely,

Stanislav Y.
    Support Team

ProSiebenSat.1 Games GmbH
    A company of ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG
    -----
    No I haven’t done anything! And then I started to look around on the forums and then I noticed that the same thing had happened to other people that also had gotten the exact same replies about them getting banned like I had.
    Something must clearly be wrong about this!
    I still want to see that evidence but they never replied after this so, do they not really care that people are getting banned without a real reason. So getting banned without doing anything can happen to anyone then if you are unlucky?
    I have been playing DCUO since year one and I’ve been buying a lot of things for real money and now will all of that be for nothing!?
    I’ve had so much fun to play so why would I risk to be banned if I would have cheated? Which I don’t even know how to do!?
    In my league we are very social and having a real good time playing with each other and helping each other. I really miss to play the game and I want to play with them. But I don’t want to start all over again after been playing in two years and gotten things and stuff that I won’t be able to receive again. And If I would start playing again I could as easy as this get banned again! No, I want my main account back! And I will be fighting to get it back. Because I know that my friends in the league will back me up. They all thought this must be some kind of mistake, or that I have some malware on my computer. They know that I don't.
    And they know that I am never cheating when I play with the league. I don’t even do so well in the game, even if I have been playing Dc since year one. I am a girl and I play for fun because I am a big DC-fan.
    I never cheated! So yes, please prove to me, I have used a specific program to cheat in DCUO, because I know it is not true. The only thing I have done is to find map locations, using Google to complete collections as I said! I am not accepting losing my account because of some kind of mistake.
    I want my account back and I didn’t even get a warning!

Station name: Shadoukun
    Server: EUPC
    • Like x 2
  2. Blazing Boy Level 30

Hello,
    I am a member of Shadoukun's league, and I can tell you she is a sweet 19 year old, that have no technical knowledge, and is just a ray of cheerfulness.
    All of us in the league, Future Fantastic (active for more then 2 years), miss her very much. this bizarre ban makes no sense to us.
    We hope that the Sony support team, unlike the ProSieben one, will act with logic, and will bring us back our friend.
    • Like x 3
  3. Zoth New Player

I can assure you, she never cheated. She is a DC-comic fan, just plays for fun. It is also scary, it means everyone can get banned. I have no idea about the "evidence" they say becase clearly they still cant show it. Could it be some spyware on her computer? I heard people also said, it can be if you dont have a good connection. She wont come back and create a new account, even though she plays for fun, she was shocked, and sad as well. People who invest so much time + money into this game, why would they take a chance, and REALLY on purpose, to try to cheat? No way......
    • Like x 1
  4. sonryo21 New Player

You are wasting your time they don't care. Now bend over and take it without lube.
    • Like x 1
  5. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

As much as we want to assist you in your ban issues, we unfortunately cannot :( You will need to contact Proseiben for a possible ban appeal. Try updating the ticket to see if they can do anything else. Sorry guys!
  6. Blazing Boy Level 30

Can't you give them a call? :( I am sure there is some kind of connection.
  7. SoulDraconian New Player

I've seen Allot of complains about things like this about DCUO. This is the best game i've played but I see this being talked about Everywhere outside even DCUO on different gaming forums and so on, That DCUO actually Banns without a Accurate Evidence. Heads up guys to this. This issue of Banning should seriously be taken to a higher level of meeting.
    • Like x 1
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

You might have picked up malware. Wouldn't be the first time those sites are infected.
  9. SoulDraconian New Player

I'm pretty sure i have some kind off a malware in my computer, Cause when i try to write malware scanner or whatever on firefox, my firefox disapears, I cannot find my windows 7 cd, But this thing isnt annoying me, I have a crap pc where i use my CC info and so on. There is NO mmorpg out there, That makes it they're buisness if you were accidentaly infected by a malware and scanns that for hack, Thats Really primitive, they have more advanced ways of detecting whether you are actually Hacking or not, but i can promise this. If i would ever get Banned without using a hack. I would make sure I would make a Huge Essay about DCUO inaccurately Stripping my gaming away for noo reason on me and allot of others. on Every mmorpg forum out there....They should seriously take this to a higher level of meeting before catastrophes start happening this isn't good for any mmo's reputation. This isn't even amature ! i've been a mmorpg gamer for a decate no mmo company takes actions like this.
  10. LucidityKJ Dedicated Player

You should run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Free program that I have found to be the utmost effective in malware removed. Does not remove or detect viruses, only spyware, adware, and other various malware.

If you have malware in your computer that consistently monitors what you do on your computer (which is likely) it would have detected the main programs behind DCUO and tried to decode them to interpret what you are actually doing. That may have triggered the ban.

Regardless, It is unfortunate that this continues to happen. Of all of the issues with DCUO, this is, by far, the biggest and most important. I personally believe the entire team at SoE needs to push back the DLCs and new content and focus 100% efforts on resolving this issue before it becomes a court issue for them. Yes, this can indeed happen.

Fortunately, the issue seems to happen significantly less on PS3, which makes me glad I am a PS3 user; however, I can say right now if I was on the PC servers and I kept seeing this the way I do now, I would drop my sub in a heartbeat before anything like this happened. It is unfortunate that it would come to that, but I would rather not spend money on a game just to be banned for a computer error.

Afterthoughts: What if there's a new virus/malware going around developed by an angry ex-DCUO gamer that intentionally messes with these files to create bans for other players? It is 100% possible, and even likely if you think about it...
    • Like x 1
  11. kaka New Player

i am another member of shadoukun league and i can tell you for sure that she has never cheted to this game and i am sure she does no even know how to do it . I realy think that if you guys have eny evidence of her cheating it is her right to see that evidence though i don't think you have eny evidence to backup the bann . So pls fix this problem and show us or her the exact reason why she was banned.
    • Like x 1
  12. red screen New Player

So what happens if someone reoprts you for no reason
  13. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

A GM will conduct a full investigation and determine if there is indeed an issue worth taking action on. If there isn't, then they will not do anything.
  14. Becquerel New Player

Well this clearly didn't happen in Shadoukun's case, as she went from healthy account to banned without logging into the game.

This is an unbelievably frustrating situation. A large proportion of our league including Shadou have been playing this game for more than 2 years. We came back after the hack, we played on dead (EU here, I do mean dead!)Servers, played through absurd lag as F2P hit and have still paid subs, bought DLCs, replays other stuff and built some really very strong friendships.
    The idea that any one of us, after putting in this level of commitment and investment to the game and our league, can be permanently banned with no warning based on a cheat detection system that is evidently not infallible, is pretty much grounds for a game migration.
    What's very sad about this is that I feel SOE are doing an awesome job developing the game. I am loving the latest DLC and am looking forward to playing more of them.

The level of customer service and response on these boards is amazing. With SOE suspected hackers get a temporary ban and can get advice on what may have caused a false positive (acknowledging, that the system is not always right). How is it fair that we have been sold off to a company that won't even respond to threads like this, let alone unban accounts that were not willfully breaking the EULA. They can't even specify what it is she has done wrong.
    Another absurdity is that one of the stock responses seems to be 'start another account'. How can they be so certain that these players have done something unforgivable, but be completely fine with them playing the game again, if they just jump through a couple of hoops?

In our current situation, if they won't communicate with us and you will do nothing to support your loyal players, the only thing we can do to make our point is stop giving you money.And I do mean you. A few of our international players are not under the Pro-Sieben regime and are considering unsubbing. So their attitude is costing you money. Maybe not a lot of money just from us, but I know we are not the only people in this situation. Reading both the SOE and Pro-Sieben forums I can see that other leagues are facing the same problems.

I appreciate that SOE representatives can't directly unban Shadoukun's account, but please do seek to keep the treatment of European and non-European players equal. It seems that Pro-Sieben do not understandthe limitations of the cheat detection software.
    • Like x 2
  15. TSR-AlexS Customer Service

I assure you, I have escalated your feedback and reports to the appropriate team. We will be happy to update this thread if any new information comes from it. We are gamers too and completely understand the situation. We seriously do. But this is something that really is out of our control. I, again, have already made sure my superiors are aware of this and will continue to be here. Feel free to pm me or Sean if you have any more questions.
  16. Dran New Player

I have a league mate who was recently banned. He has literally put in hundreds of dollars into this game, if not over one thousand. Also he has logged 40+ hours per week, since launch, without a single break in play.

The player's name is Macbeth Z (though he has many characters). He has never cheated in any sense, nor would he have any idea how to cheat.

You're software engineers are fools for designing software that costs you customers of this nature!

SOE you are horrible for doing this. I refuse to give you another cent, unless you rectify this situation and give him recompense for this absolute joke of a ban.

Greetings,
    we regret that we had to turn to this measures to protect the integrity of the game and the welfare of the other players. However, there are certain violations of our rules and our terms of services that merit definite sanctions, even in the case of a first time violation.

Frank Sinatra didn't even receive a perma-ban, and he was caught on Fraps.

You're a bunch of hippocrites, who couldn't write software if your livelihoods depended on it, and this it proof!
    • Like x 1
  17. Baccachew New Player

Nailed it and fully agree.
  18. Dran New Player

19. Wagner New Player

Agreed.

The staggering lack of rights that we have with SOE as consumers simply makes this entire game a dubious financial investment to begin with.
  20. Alitas Caliente New Player

TSR Alex, We as a League of Earth One to which Macbeth Z belonged to for almost 3 years would like to appeal this.
    The player in question is so disgusted and distraught that he doesn't want to play at this point even if reinstated but this arbitrary decision without any real info to even describe to him what he is accused of beyond the catchall "hacking" is erroneous and unfair.
    We have known this player for over two years and spent hours upon hours week upon week with him and know both by seeing him in action and conversing with him that there is an injustice happening here.
    It is a major loss to our League morale as well as to the enjoyment factor that we as a league have previously had.
    Please review this and see that the process/tribunal that SOE conducts receives a complete overhaul and help us right this wrong if it is at all in our power.
    Unfortunately I don't know the others who have had this happen to them but even this large an amount of terminations simultaneously seems to reek of some internal problem rather than "hacking."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.