WTF....Sound still cutting out!

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by DragonusDarque, Jun 27, 2013.

1. DragonusDarque New Player

So, we were told that GU27 would solve the issue of the sound going out, but it just did on me. It happened to me on the map, at the STAR Labs base outside and also inside. I could hear the car noises, but nothing else. No voices, no attack or power sounds....nothing. We were told this was going to be fixed, but it seems we were lied to.
    Is this problem EVER going to be fixed like we were promised?

And, before you ask...Yes, I do have another thread about this. But, when I updated it, it never moved up to the front page for anyone to see, instead staying way back somewhere past page 15.
    • Like x 2
  2. Caseyyeah Committed Player

I too had sound problems Tuesday night. It seems to happen after 1-2 hours of continuous play. At first all noises will stop except the background music. Then eventually it stops as well. Sometimes going into a different zone or instance will fix it temporarily but it usually cuts right out again after a short while.
  3. DragonusDarque New Player

Exactly. Except, mine cut out after only about 20 minutes. It started outside, but this time, when I transitioned to inside, the sound never returned.
    Usually, the only way to get the sound back for awhile is to log out and back in again. But, once I was inside it had started that mission, so logging out makes me lose my feat bonus, since the game treats logging out the same as being knocked out.
    The worst part is that we were told this was being fixed in the update. Now that the update is out and it didn't fix it, no one official is responding to the problem, and they closed the original thread about it and marked it resolved before waiting to see if the update actually did resolve the issue.
    • Like x 1
  4. Zpred Dedicated Player

Yes this sound going off after a certain amount of time is very annoying, I get fed up of relogging just to get some sound, but this has been going for too long an I don't see this getting a real permanent fix wel at least on the ps3.

Does this happen on the pc too?
  5. DragonusDarque New Player

Well, we should have a permanent fix, since AudMike promised as much in my original thread here:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...omething-ever-be-done-about-the-sound.159649/
    According to that thread, it happens on PC occasionally, too.
    There was another thread started before mine where we were told this issue would be fixed in GU27, then that thread was closed. I can't seem to find it now (it had been moved to the resolved section, but seems to have vanished now), but we have been promised several times that GU27 would fix the audio issues, and it hasn't been fixed. Worse yet, no one official (like AudMike) has even responded to this or any other thread related to the audio issues since GU27 went live and we discovered we were lied to.
  6. AudMike New Player

Hi DragonusDarque,

Thank you for linking to the original thread. As I stated in that thread: "We have recently fixed a few audio dropout bugs that will go live with GU27. I can't promise that they'll address every instance of sound dropouts but the bug fixes should address quite a few of them."

I apologize that you're still running into this bug. I assure you, no one wants to see these issues stomped out more than me.

You say you ran into it after just 20 minutes. Can you tell me, generally, what you did during that particular play session? I want to see if I can reproduce your particular bug. What is your player's power type, source, and movement mode? What parts of town were you running around in? What quest(s) did you take on? The more information, the better.
  7. DragonusDarque New Player

First, I know in that thread you said it might not address all instances, but in the other thread (which I can now no longer find, oddly enough), it was said that the issue of losing all sound would be fixed in GU27 (though I think it was someone else who replied in that original thread, which was started before mine, then closed as resolved, then vanished completely).

As for what I said, the last time it happened it was after only 20 minutes. If happens every time I play, no matter what character I am using or where I am in town. My original post said where I was when it happened, but you must have missed that, so I will go over it in more detail:
    This particular instance was in the STAR Labs external area in Metropolis, for the Gorilla Grodd missions (the one that starts outside and ends with you and Grodd fighting the two Flashes inside). It happened outside, after a huge freeze talking to the quest giver outside (the one who has you smash the generators inside the solo instance base).
    This is not the only time this has happened since the update, however. I am still getting the same random sound loss I was experiencing before, which is impossible to successfully reproduce, since there doesn't seem to be any specific thing that makes it happen (something I mentioned in the thread that I linked, which never got a reply).
    This issue has occurred in Gotham, Metropolis, inside areas, outside areas, and everywhere in between since I started playing again 2 months ago (though it has gotten a lot worse since then). I have 4 different power types, it doesn't matter if I fly, walk, superspeed, or acrobatics.
    As I said in the thread I linked, there is no particular repeatable thing that produces the problem. No matter what I am doing, the sound just goes away. I have had it happen during solo instances, in safehouses when I am just standing there, while exploring Gotham or Metropolis (no matter what method of travel I use), and even during races.
    That is why I said in that thread that if the GU27 didn't fix the issue that I was screwed, because there is no way to reproduce it in a particular way, as it happens during many many different activities and instances.

This bug is getting worse and is quickly making this game unplayable. I can't hear the quest givers speaking, can't hear enemies, can't hear the tone for investigations and such, and can't hear any sounds of battle. I don't recall this bug occurring at all on PS3 when I first began playing (back when the game first became free to play).