Is Fire still good? (newbie)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by schisist, Jun 28, 2013.

1. schisist New Player

For PvP, Solo PvE, Tank, DPS?

Playing my Ice character feels a bit auto pilot with all the aoe+slows+freezes.

But with how people act around the mention of Fire a newbie like myself gets the impression its a bit ****, the same could be said about Sorcery.

Are they still good compared to the other 8 powers?
  2. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

It's the worst powerset ever.

1/10 would not play.

* Actual results may vary
    • Like x 3
  3. schisist New Player

I may have seen what you did there.
  4. Mr AFK New Player

I'm fire dps... After update? No. Fire is now... bad.. Try Quantum.
    • Like x 1
  5. BO PERRY_CRS Well-Known Player

I still use fire. I don't love it like I used to be, but the devs seriously nerfed it. My damage numbers are still pretty good, but you're just starting, I wouldn't recommend it....FIX FIRE DEVS!
  6. 13igtyme Devoted Player

The burn is terrible. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I don't know how I live with myself being top dps most of the time, life is so hard.
    • Like x 3
  8. Dump Truck New Player

It depends on the roles you are playing with as fire is very dependent on role synergy.

For example... Two fire players cancel each other out because you can't burn something twice. Nature helps fire burn faster because they use their twigs and branches powers. Also, older or aged nature players help fire burn better than new nature players, or sapplings. Also, be careful with nature as some burning interactions will cause a dazing effect. Gadgets sometimes help fire dps because some gadgets are flammable but some extinguish fire. For more information on Gadgets, check 'Dark's guide on gadgets and your MSDS information sheet. Quantum can sometimes boost fire dramatically because things burn more over time. Earth can burn but only at really high temperatures and if ice hasn't frozen the ground first. Ice is becoming weaker with each new update as the devs and aresols are nerfing Ice. Electric can ignite fire but only if flamable objects are present, like gadgets or nature. Crazy people start forest fires, mental has no other effect on fire. Hard light can have a huge effect on fire, especially hot lights, but if you put a softbox, Stofen, or octobox on them its benefits are diffused. Sorcery looks like it can effect fire, we've all seen sorcerers throw fire like in Oz, but it's really fake damage because Oz really is a bum not a wizard and doesn't add up to much in the longrun.

Hope this helps clear everything up for you.
    DT
    • Like x 2
  9. Dammacx New Player

LoLz Truck, And with the rumoured Water power Fire will just be a total waste because all those new Water Heros will be just splashing around getting water everywhere putting out are fires. Unless you are a really strong Fire character with a high CR, then you can boil the water and it will cause steam everywhere which will be like smoke that you can hide in and act like a form of distraction. Also the boiling water will melt everyones skin off so all the toons will become walking skeletons.
  10. Burnt New Player

Thumbs up for the sig LOL!!!
    • Like x 1
  11. Dump Truck New Player

Well, it proves we need an Oil status effect.