Would getting a usb controller make it easier?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by darknight377731, Jun 28, 2013.

1. darknight377731 New Player

I am having a lot of difficulty. I am going to get a usb computer controller so I can use that. I am assuming you turn on the joystick option in settings in order to use the controller, hopefully plug in the usb, change the settings in game to joystick, and it should work. Would it be easier and more fun than the keyboard, which I am having trouble with? TY

Should I just buy an xbox 360 controller, or a pc controller?
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

When I play on PC, I use a PS3 controller. You need to use the MotionInJoy client (adds a program called DS3Tool.exe), load the drivers, and configure the controller for an Xbox Controller input scheme. I noticed I tend to need to launch the DS3Tool and just access the button inputs screen once per logging into Windows before I can launch DCUO. Otherwise, I personally prefer the experience. Of course, I've never been much of a mouse/keyboard player. I know the mouse/keyboard can be more efficient at the highest levels of play but you can still be effective with a game pad.
  3. darknight377731 New Player

Wow, that seems all too technical. I just thought I would get a game controller, and just plug it into the usb port on my computer, and it would just start working after I turned on the settings to joystick on.

I guess it's way more complicated than that. /:>(
  4. Larfleeze New Player

Early one, like 1-20ish, it's easier.

But once you start getting all your power slots and your utility belt slots and proper weapon combos down nothing will beat mouse/keyboard.
  5. darknight377731 New Player

If I get an xbox 360 controller with a wire (not wireless), can I just plug it into the usb port, and it will start working with DC universe online after I change joystick on in settings of the game?
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

I'm pretty sure all the complexity is just if you want to use a PS3 controller. (I really wanted to)
  7. Larfleeze New Player

I don't know about DCU, but for most games I'm able to use my wired 360 controller just by plugging it in.
  8. Dammacx New Player

I use a 3rd party XBox 360 Controller, and it works pretty much perfectly. It's called the Afterglow. I wouldn't enjoy the game I think if I had to use the Keyboard & Mouse. The nice thing is when you have the controller plugged in you can go back and forth between it and the Keyboard & mouse. When you use the controller the gui indicators automatically switch to tell you what key to push. The only issue I ever had in the past and i think it has been fixed is if I would type too much in chat for some reason the controller would start messing up, but a simple restart of the gamme would fix it. But I haven't noticed that problem in a while.

Also even though I don't use it often the standard XBox mic that plugs into the controller seems to work pretty well, just make sure you have it plugged in before starting your computer and or launching the game. I had issues with the mic being recognized if it was not plugged into the controller before I booted my computer.