Who would like Iconic Emblems?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fridged, Jun 27, 2013.

1. SUPERlVlAN New Player

it would make having a mentor actually mean something again. if you are a superman mentor u get his emblem and are accepted into the House of El. If you batman mentor you become part of the bat family and so on it would be cool not to necessarily make copies but there will be but awesome to have emblems
  2. Tomaha2013 New Player

I would like to be able to use my own emblem. One I can design in game. WWE Smackdown vs Raw had this and alot of people used it and it made for an awesome addition to your character.
  3. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I think the official word has always been that this isn't possible due to licencing issues in case people make iconic emblems, but I was just thinking I'm sure there must be a way for them to prevent an emblem maker from allowing emblems that could be perceived as straying too close to an iconic emblem. They do it with names so there must be a way to put in an algorithm that detects like-emblems.
  4. Tomaha2013 New Player

We already have a lot of iconic emblems in game with the iconic armors so why would it even be a problem. I believe the idea of someones name being to close to the iconic would be more important but people even found ways around that didn't they SUPERIVIAN!!!!!! LOL.

Besides for the ones that are more creative, that would be the people who would shine not the wanna be Bats, Sups, And Spideys.

Or at least a way to make a League emblem would be cool.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I read somewhere that (I think) Everquest has a feature that lets you create furniture, then submit it for approval and if it gets approved it can be sold to the rest of the population. It would be cool if we could create custom emblems, submit it to a team for verification and if it was approved then have it available at an emblem vendor or perhaps have it be used exclusively by a certain league.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

That one stinking cool Ghost Rider pic.!!!

Sigh ok to the subject at hand. The simple answer is, DC is incharge and they don't want them available to players. The possible reasons are vast, one being there is only 1 Batman and 1 Superman and your character isn't them. It has been brought up that there are many characters that wear a Bat and S emblem. That is not a good arguement for 2 reasons, 1 none of the emblems are the same and 2 those are DC created characters.

As for the t-shirts, hoodies, hats and the boxers those are just souvenirs that can be seen being worn by people on the streets in comic books, making them just a normal part of life in the DCU.
  7. MercPony Devoted Player

I could just as well wear the Flash t-shirt from the Vault but anything with a Flash emblem would be awesome :)

Give us more Flash! And actually include Wally West in this game!
  8. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

Not true. I'm here to play my own character, not some Bat clone. I have no interest in iconic emblems.
  9. Fenix New Player

I can see this being like the emblem maker in CoD black ops.There would be alot of Innappropriate emblems lol (actually how funny would an emblem of "The Shocker" be for an electric character?) So this most likely will never ever ever happen.
  10. Anhur Committed Player

+1 to league emblem creator!
  11. Tule New Player

Why do emblems = clone? Especially in the case of Green Lanterns. I was going to make that case earlier, but I felt it would be in vain as I know why we can't have emblems in the first place and don't want to come off as if I'm trying to get them in the game, because I know they won't be. If anything emblems would stop clones. Cause you could use the emblem to identify with the bat family without having to copy them. If you want to be part of the bat family now you have to copy them or do a very close inspired by. I'd much rather keep my current costume and stick a nightwing symbol on it than dress up like nightwing (which I occasionally do because I get bored). I mean in the story batman invites you tot eh batcave and you are suppose to now be one of his very few trusted. But again, I know why they don't want you to have emblems so no need to support them any further. Ill stop.
  12. BigBadRon Well-Known Player

Was just pointing out that you are wrong in your assumption that every player of this game wants iconic emblems. Just because you do does not mean that everybody does.

The closest I've come is a light character who occasionally wears a Lantern hoodie - but he doesn't wear that all the time, it's just one of several t-shirts and hoodies that I have for him. Usually I just use a plain t-shirt with a skull emblem.

This is, of course, my choice. I'm not trying to say, "Nobody in the game wants iconic emblems." - only that I don't.
  13. Caseyyeah Committed Player

This is slightly off topic but still on the subject of increased character customization so I think it would be nice if they added titles (for lack of better term) to our names. Like say you complete a feat or mission arc and you get a title that goes before or after your name. Examples
    "The Amazing"
    "The Strange"
    "The Uncanny"
    "The Seducing"
    "The Handsome"
    "The Odd"
    "The Mad"

I realize that this is more of a Marvel comics things but I think it would be something fun. It would also be great for customization which is what everyone wants more of anyways.

ON Topic: I don't think we will be getting any iconic emblems that we'll be able to stick on any piece of armor. I do think that they need to vastly expand the amount of emblems available for us to use. Bring in different fonts, the entire Kryptonian alphabet, and the Greek alphabet. Also let us choose where on our costume we want the emblems. I have been dying for a cape that I can put an emblem on since the game was released.
  14. Tule New Player

It's called humor. This has always been a request.
  15. DarthBiotoa New Player

i just have one question. Who is kicking Supes butte in your sig?
  16. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

So give us the emblems and have them tied to the color pallete, like most other emblems are. Works for me, Only emblem I would want totally the same as the iconics is the Green Lantern one, because I have only ever seen it as one style.

Do I need a Black Bat on a yellow elliptical background. Nope, not really. But it would be nice to have the bat symbol on any batman inspired character I may or may not want.
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Problem is that those emblems are money-makers for DC. Think about the amount of merchandise available, from T-shirts to drinking glasses, that get sold because they have the Superman or Batman emblems. Heck, one of the retail chains had a whole bunch of summer items with the DC super hero logos and characters on them, from glasses to aprons to sand art sets.

DC isn't going to do anything they think might adversely affect that, so they're going to do what they feel is necessary to control the emblem use, and that extends to this game.
  18. SuperBell Loyal Player

I have no need for Iconic emblems.

I would like, however, a non-cannon, untrademark, DC approve Green Lantern Deputy and Sinestro Corp. Deputy emblems.

And I'd much prefer, if DC was going to lift trademark restriction, a flippin' Green Aura.
  19. UltraElite Dedicated Player

i dont want emblems

i like that my toon is my own creation and not some knockoff
  20. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

Oh I understand that. And I agree, it isn't going to happen. But I thought I would give my point of view on why I (and others I am sure) would want iconic emblems that didn't include being the 999,9999,999,999,999,999th Batman, or B4tm4n or whatever in the game. :p

Oh, and what he said.