Everyone gets loot box, no rolling!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lumb, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Corrupted Ertai New Player

And if they want to cry about the food they have like children do then they can starve. I will be happy to point and laugh as their stubborn fits ruin the game for themselves.
  2. IThe MasterI Active Player

You need to be perma-banned.
  3. SoylentBob New Player

How about when you group for Obot/Mbot and get an "empty" Reward box?

Everybody gets loot, and people still feel gypped by the random loot table where they CAN'T be ninja'd.
  4. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Unless you don't get what you want. "Random" means you're not guarenteed what you want. I just feel it would be less competitive between teammates.
    • Like x 1
  5. nowburn4it Loyal Player

This isn't a stubborn fit. It's just an idea. Believe you me, I am far from starving.
  6. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

FF14 doesn't do competitive loot. They also give you 40 character slots.
    They're all about alt-friendly up in that bizzle.
  7. Corrupted Ertai New Player

And what does it cost to play that game?
  8. Isinforthehellofit New Player

It cost same as legendary for dc :) better graphics and all too.
  9. Killua19 New Player

i dont get it what is up with getting a box? just voting up topic to force the devs to lock rolling need on current class seems so much more easy to me? a box is just boring!
  10. TheRealDeathern New Player

Sorry I dont agree. Basically what you suggested is like getting a participation trophy in little league, every player gets one, and most of the time it isnt for winning. Atleast the current mechanic, when you do get loot, you feel as though you actually get something, this is what gives you that winning feeling. Take that away, and your left with participation trophys for everyone, and thats nothing to brag about or celebrate in my opinion.
  11. Tlogie New Player

Its a bad idea with boxes. I think the roll process has to be improved. Everyone can need on DPS and their secondary role gear and that's where the problems lies in loot drops. You should only get the option need on the role you played in the group and greed on the secondary role that your power set has. The need option shouldn't show on your secondary role. I think that's pretty fair.
  12. Valor New Player

Thumbs up +1000
  13. Sgt Forge New Player

You have to actually WIN before any loot is given in this gae, you dont get anything for just trying and failing.

I think the current system is more like, your football team just won the Super Bowl, but only 50% of the team is getting the reward for it, based on a dice roll that happens after the game.

I am also against pitting teammate vs teammate for loot, as this goes against building a cohesive team. Some carried resentment is always sure to follow, especially if one guy gets on a hot streak.
  14. 13igtyme Devoted Player

Want to remove the drama, says op. Join a league.
    • Like x 1
  15. MetalMario Loyal Player

This is false. It is not unfair to be able to roll need need on the role you're not currently playing. Everybody needs "dps" styles for feats. Locking loot to the role you're currently playing would force everybody to play dps to get any chance at the style feats while people who play dps only easily greed to get their alt role. Maybe it would be fair if you could roll on your current role and not even see the other. Anyway, the only improvement I could see is make it so you can only need on items you haven't already won to prevent people needing for salvage or to sell to the npcs.
  16. Valor New Player

They COULD make the gear unattuned.

Getting loot boxes per boss is better than completing the raids, and getting nothing at all.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sgt Forge New Player

I play DPS when looking for DPS styles, and I play troll when looking for troll styles...why cant you play both roles depending on what you are looking for? Especially with the plethora of 81-83 gear, there is no reason for any endgame player to not have gear for both roles ( or all four for that matter!)

And if DPS can "easily" greed for their off role, wouldnt it be just a s"easy" for the healer\troll\tank to greed for their off role?
    • Like x 1
  18. Tlogie New Player

And thats the point I was trying to make.lol
  19. MetalMario Loyal Player

I play both roles and have good enough gear to troll or dps pretty much anything. It takes longer to find trollers/healers than it does dps, so I would rather not penalize people who are willing to help the team by doing so. It would (read: does) take 3x longer to greed for dps styles in a static group. If you're pugging it won't happen because of how many dps there are. I'm only missing the oolong legs, but if I make a group it's a style run even if I'm playing dps because it's more fair.
  20. Valor New Player

I'm not as concerned about alerts as I am raids. Alerts can be ran every day, but to spend a lot of time in a T5 raid to get no loot at all out of it is not fun.