Noobs PVP for the first time in DC Universe

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by RumplesEQ, Jun 21, 2013.

1. RumplesEQ New Player

• Like x 3
  2. MARK2099 New Player

I doubt was his first time, i know when a player is new to the game, always get the feats x10 x25 lol, besides he did not die in a single combo, new players die in a single combo because not even wear pvp gear, they use lvl20 pve gear in arenas.
  3. Zypher New Player

This was fantabulous.
    • Like x 2
  4. lord blizz New Player

I feel like I just watched the man of steel again. Thanks.........
  5. Mr.Me New Player

Guys that map is a Capture and Hold scenario. What you want to do is get to the center of the room as fast as you can and capture the spot, think of it like the old school game,"King of the Hill." Its best to get there first capture it and beat your enemy fast so that you establish an early lead. Make sure both or at least 1 of you stays in the circle to keep it captured and if you can use knock back to keep them out of it. Killing them helps but who ever can capture the longest, or at the right time will win on that map most of the time. If you get them both down start making use of some of the NPC stuff in there but keep one person on the nod at all times.

As far as PvP goes take some time and Duel each other with a few different weapons using only weapons and start learning how all the animations look so you get a feel of when to counter. Its also important to work counters try to use your big, hard hitting, fast clipping, powers right after you score a counter. After some time you will become familiar with the ways that many power and things clip, or can be set up such as Faints. Some times by using attacks in ways you normal might not you can almost figure out an anti-rotation to your opponent. Thats why Imo its better to become good at reading your situation and surrounding then adapting according to it. Than it is to fall into the habit of using X Y Z rotation of combos.

Once you have the hang of counters in a 1v1 try teaming up and doing a scrimmage 2v2 with some friends to practice your team work. Get a basic rhythm going, get used to reading your team mate and anticipating them. You want to each be doing different types of attacks, when one lunges the other uses a Block breaker and so on. Never be spamming the same type of attacks, getting countered especially double countered can totally change the flow of the battle.

Have at least 2-3 Shields or Heals on your tray, more often than not the person that wins isn't the one who dose the most damage, its the person who takes the least damage.

Conserve your power its precious and often means the difference between winning and losing.

Thats some basic stuff that might help you guys out a little bit, good job on the video, oh and should post this in the official forum for player channels.

Personally I only Pu
  6. RumplesEQ New Player

This was really my first time. The reason I didnt die right off the bat was because I had good PVE gear plus some of the ilevel 30 gear you can buy right at level 30.
  7. RumplesEQ New Player

btw, I loved Man of Steel. Saw it twice
  8. RumplesEQ New Player

Thanks Mr. Me, after playing this first PVP battle, we never went back. LOL
  9. Blazing Sun New Player

If you do please don't PUG. I'd hate to be partnered with you guys
  10. RumplesEQ New Player

Im going to PUG just to get grouped with Blazing Sun. :)
    • Like x 1
  11. 478874 Dedicated Player

Thank you for sharing, enjoyed the commentary too!
  12. Hellcandy New Player

I have no idea what achievements or whatever you are speaking of - but this was undoubtedly our first time. Thanks for playing.
  13. Hellcandy New Player

Omg - how nice are you for typing all that out lol. Thank you!
  14. Hellcandy New Player

We're the best....aaaround...nothin in this world will keep us down....

And speaking of Man of Steel, our giveaway this month is a MOS t-shirt. This is our third giveaway. First was a Minecraft Creeper mug, last month was a $25 gift cert to ThinkGeek.com New giveaways every month - just have to sub to our channel and comment. We're still somewhat new to the scene so you have a good chance as there aren't a ton of entries. :D Good luck!

15. Hellcandy New Player

Awesome on the entries :) Thanks a heap and good luck! Just fyi next month will probably be another gift certificate give away.
  16. ToneMD New Player

You two remind me of a lot of players I've pugged with. It's like letting a toddler loose in a store. :D

If you ever have the desire to live more than 10 seconds, do legends for a while. You might actually start enjoying PVP.
  17. Itazuki New Player

Now I know what goes through the minds of new players in PvP as they fly around the Batcave... Too afraid to come to the node.

Thank you.
  18. RumplesEQ New Player

19. Dirty Fred New Player

Hehe damn guys i should hire you to voiceacting in my Videos:D
    Your awsome ^^ !

Even if you lost that match you defenently Winners:D