Hi, am a fire tank and I can't complete Nexus.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zylo, Jun 13, 2013.

1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Exactly what I was thinking... Earth isn't terrible either if you know the fight and know where to be and still be in range.

Sorc though..... poor sorc...
  2. kingmasternova Loyal Player

oop I thought I put 86 oops lol
  3. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I NEVER been in any group or raid w/ mental dps
  4. TrueMarvel New Player

Doesn't mean they suck bro... That's like saying you've never seen a girl so they must be bad people because of it...
  5. Nawtae Well-Known Player

None of the tanking powers are equal. Ice has it's shields...Fire has it's healing...Earth has it's damage mitigation. Right now Earth and Ice are having an easier time getting through the content than Fire. But I do know Fire tanks that are easily getting through this content. But you are absolutely wrong in stating this.

Yes, he did get through both Nexus and Paradox as Earth through using the Aftershocks, Damage mitigation method with Jackhammer and on top of it he's Acrobatics, he might have been using Tumbling Master? Herculyys and I have both gotten through Nexus and Paradox as well as Earth on USPC.

Overpowered for single target in these raids. :)

Earth is an amazing powerset for dps, you just need to know what you're doing. I know several players, USPC side, who can top charts as Earth. Might not be anything like gadgets/HL but it can be amazing when played correctly.
  6. D0SE New Player

7. Cream Corn New Player

Learn The Boss Mechanics And Evade Them. No Tank Can Single Handedly Win. Everyone Has To Do Their Part. If Anyone Dies It's Because They Weren't Paying Attention. It's Not Hard To Tank Nexus With Any Power But Fire Does Have It Worse If They Get Crappy Healers. Don't Get Discouraged. Learn The Mechanics And Spot Where Things Are Breaking Down. I Can Guarantee You Die From Having Crappy Or Knocked Out Healers. Wait For Spaces Between Boss Combos To Use A Power. If You Lose Aggro It's Ok They'll Come Back. It's Your Groups Responsibility To Not Sit Still And Die.
  8. GeoShock New Player

The fact that they can all get the job done does not mean they are equal. Try tanking new raids with ice tank and then with fire and you will see how equal they are.
    • Like x 2
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I always compare my healing out to my healing in. In T4 content I was able to cover 1/8 to 1/5 (12,5 -20 %)of my healing in. In T5 BIA or FR it was 15% last time I checked. I guess it doesn't make much of a difference if you heal yourself or not...the healer can cover that healing with less power-consumption...:mad:

edit: when the wrong formula was still active, I did between 1/4 (25 %) and 1/3 (33 %) of my healing in...
  10. Aqua New Player

The thing with solo tanking the new raids is that tanks have no margin for error, you need to perform perfectly full T5 with mods or not. Now combine that perfect run with fire's reliance on healers and then the question becomes can your healers give a perfect run and deliver the heals at all the right times.

Basically the way fire's health drops leaves more margin of error for healers to slip up on a heal or for the tank to get juggled and one shotted.
    • Like x 1
  11. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I wasn't meaning that way the weakest power in dps & 2nd role
  12. Frepster Active Player

Cheer up bro. If you weren't a villain I'd run with you. One of the first times I beat Nexus was with a fire tank, and in that run, the last room was rather smooth (I came in at the last boss, as my help was needed by a league mate). This is a group effort; therefore, if you believe that you were playing to the best of your ability, there may have been a problem with the team, overall. Best of luck to you, and I hope you get it done soon, even if the loot table can be a bit frustrating at times. lol
  13. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Spytle got carried in that raid, weather he is willing to admit it or not.

He got into a great group because of who he is.

Try coming over to USPS3 as a hero earth tank and see how many people even let you in their group if they see you are earth and aren't full t5
    • Like x 2
  14. AIpha New Player

Don't worry fire tanking is perfectly fine just remove all fire powers and use phase dodge, hl shield and Amazonian deflection. Apparently making half of your bar iconics and movement powers means your power is perfectly fine.
    • Like x 1
  15. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

ya for real, phase dodge tanking =/= actual tanking, its a major shortcut as far as i'm concerned

its a legit tactic but it just feels like a fake way of overcoming the shortcomings of the other 2 powersets
    • Like x 1
  16. AIpha New Player

I don't see ice tanks phase dodge tanking so yeah definitely a power that is used to hide the shortcomings of earth and fire.
    • Like x 1
  17. segundoblz New Player

I have beat Nexus with a Fire Tank and it is being pretty easy, actually.
  18. Kintuse Well-Known Player

Try not to worry too much about "healing in" as a healer, if someone takes some damage, you heal both you and your ally, then another person takes damage, you heal them and yourself' Automatically that's 1/2th healing between yourself and allies, but in the end, what matters is they survive.

If you want to really see how efficient a healer you are, using "power in" and "healing out" as your guidelines. If you can heal more using less power, that's when you have it down, just please be careful not to confuse that with not healing at all until everyone is below 50% to make it count more, but I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that.
  19. 13igtyme Devoted Player

He's looking at healing as a fire tank. If you look at your healing out divided by damage in you can get a percentage of self healing efficiency.
  20. Kintuse Well-Known Player

My bad, all work (literally) and no sleep makes me skim and with a healer mindset I got the wrong idea. Thanks for the correction.