Since when are Kryptonians idiots?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nodens, Jun 11, 2013.

1. NoobishGuy New Player

GUYS SUPERMAN GOT HIS DOG TO DEFEND THE FORTRESS AGAINST BRAINIAC. HIS DOG. AGAINST BRAINIAC.
    • Like x 2
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

o_O...you guys are way over thinking this. lol.
    • Like x 1
  3. Delta795 New Player

Ok, gonna let me inner geek go on this one! He's not a normal dog, he's from Krypton and enjoys the same benifits from a yellow sun as Supes does. See below

As explained in his first appearance, Krypto was originally the toddler Kal-El's dog while they were on Krypton. Jor-El, testing prototypes for the rocket that would eventually send Kal-El to Earth, decided to use Krypto as a test subject.[2] However, Krypto's rocket was knocked off-course; the rocket drifted through space for years until it eventually landed on Earth, where Krypto was reunited with the now-teenaged superhero, Superboy.[3] Due to the environment (Earth's yellow sun and lower gravity), Krypto possessed the same powers and abilities as his master, although his physical abilities were proportionate to his smaller size and species
  4. Singlemaltkiller New Player

no it dictates we were on Earth and bestowed powers by exobytes. I could be a kryptonian wandering through that happened to get their powers augmented by exos!
  5. NoobishGuy New Player

loll it would have been fine if brainiac was a normal human being but in this case he is equivalent to a swat team invading a house.

If krypto was a normal dog and Superman made him defend the fortress against brainiac he would be down right mentally challenged :p

I just loved how lex responded to him when he said that krypto was guarding the fortress.
    • Like x 1
  6. AV Loyal Player

Here I would argue that all of the security is using various degrees of sunstone tech, with more superior officers and members having better tech. It makes much more sense for these to be challenging than the LexCorp Security force on Earth in BiA but the argument could be made that either the Paradox is weakening us or Future Lex coerced Jor-El to include additional tech schematics which present Luthor would take advantage of.

With regards to the Kryptonians being idiots, I argue that this is a factor of Future Luthor's actions. He would have infiltrated aspects of Krypton (at least the house of El, possibly the science council) well before our arrival. Batman would have chosen the point we're sent to in BiA, the point right before the planet dies, for strategic value because, well, he's frickin' Batman after all. He would have seen it was the point in time where success was most in our favour, which is logical. If Lex was able to somehow influence Kryptonian government, or even just Jor-El's estate, through guile and Kryptonite, then it would be difficult for us to stop his plan at any other time. Why? Because Future Lex would be more likely to expect such interference and since Future Batman doesn't seem to have access to Kryptonite we'd stand no chance against Lex' ability to control them. Not only that but Kryptonians are stubborn enough douches that they didn't listen to Jor-El when he asked to evacuate the planet.

The planet dying creates the perfect distraction for us to infiltrate the planet and save Kal-El at the last possible moment, when Future Luthor's victory on Krypton seemed assured. Luthor wouldn't suspect it and the Kryptonians would have their hands full elsewhere. The fact that there's even security present with Jor-El, while the planet is moments from death, suggests manipulation, likely as a function of a red kryptonite. Red is basically the deus ex machina of kryptonites since every fragment has a different effect. Future Lex just seems to have found a fragment that makes Kryptonians dull minded, aggressive, and responsive to suggestion (Jor-El is suuuuuper dopey when you see him).
  7. Anhur Committed Player

I thought Kryptonite didn't affect Kryptonians unless the Kryptonian is charged by yellow sun radiation though, which explains why Kryptonians weren't keeling over every day dieing from Green K exposure on their planet?
  8. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

You know what, I HATE Kryptonians.

"Ohhhhh I'm Kryptonian! We're so much more advanced than you stupid Earthlings. Your tiny minds cant comprehend our crystals and stuffffffff. We're the most advanced civilization in the galaxy oooooooohhhhhh."

Well my planet didn't explode did it *****.

Maybe had you stopped mindlessly fighting everybody and actually stopped to ask what we were doing on your planet, then maybe Id have a little more incentive to stay and get as many as you as I could off of the planet. Maybe if you weren't so angry all the flipping time and stopped to think for a second, then maybe you wouldn't all be dead.

Suck it Krypton. Thanks for Superman.
    • Like x 3
  9. AV Loyal Player

Kryptonite was formed as a by-product by the planets destruction, so no Kryptonian on Krypton would have ever been exposed to it but it would still have the same effects. Worse, since none of them would have had any idea of the substance's existence or capabilities, Lex could have just walked up like "I see you checkin' ma green digs. You jelly? Here, hang onto deez red *** moon rock babies and you'll be dancin' on the wings of angels" or something more political and beguiling that escapes my imagination at the moment. At any rate, they wouldn't have suspected anything then BAM, red kryptonite influence. Alternatively, he could just been like "BAM! Time warp *******! Red kryptonite allupinyo government's FACE like it ain't no thang, *******!"

The only loophole here is (SPOILERS) that kryptonite from one reality shouldn't effect a Kryptonian from another reality. An (epic) example of this is when Superman and Superman (from Earth Two) mega-power bomb Superboy Prime through a red sun, unfortunately through a field of Kryptonite meteorites onto a Kryptonite covered Mogo. Superboy Prime's all like "LOLN00BS! This stuff doesn't work on me! You're just gonna kill -this- Superman... *intense red glare from behind*.... OSHI- *power bombed through sun like a ******" MORE SPOILERS. So we've got three de-powered Supermen, the two good guys are weakened by green kryptonite. Prime kills one before they manage to overpower him. Sadpants all around :( Chokes me up just thinking about it. Man I hope we get a chance to punch that brat Superboy Prime in the dick in DCUO.

Anyways, back on topic, the fact that the kryptonite DOES work on the past Kryptonians just reinforces that we're not in a different part of the multiverse, our own Earth One reality has been pwnt and warped by Future Luthor's actions. This makes the whole situation way more badass. Its a factor that's difficult to convey, since we can still warp hq, or wipe and leave the instance, but for all intents and purposes, while we're in FR and BiA, the world as we know it doesn't exist. The alternate Metropolis and Gotham we're in IS our Metropolis and Gotham.

@ "Suck it Krypton. Thanks for Superman."

That is genuinely the funniest and most awesome thing I've seen all week.
  10. Delta795 New Player

[IMG]
  11. NyteSkye New Player

"You... Left your dog to defend the fortress against Brainiac?? Oh... this, oughta be good..."
  12. Kal~el Committed Player

Yep, that about sums it up right here!
  13. Kal~el Committed Player

Yep, that about sums it up right here!
  14. segundoblz New Player

What Lex told him? Not paying attention enough xd
  15. Kroye Loyal Player

Are we talk real Kryptonians here, or the folks I see RPing their Ice tanks as Kryptonians?
  16. Deathmark New Player

Yeah that's like General Zod in FOS3. It's always bugged me. He's a general but he's no military genius. Yeah let's all face those 8 guys and superman and luthor one by one instead of just going in all together. I know it's just a game but...i feel the final fight shoudl have been Ursa Non and Zod all at once.
  17. Fools Fire Loyal Player

What's even better is when at the end Batman replaced Luthor's brain washing with some of his own. Oh, great. Like Batman's way of thinking is going to make things all better. *cough* War Games *cough*
  18. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Can't wait to get my hero up, but on villain side it shows lex putting th ered kryptonite in superman's rocket. Which I can only think leads to the hero side of superman being his slave. I thought i was kinda cool.

As for krypto defending FOS.... who said it was from brainiac specifically, I imagine the lex quote is more just a good excuse to make fun of superman. Krypto could mess up most things or at least hold off long enough to warn superman. I mean where else would he be other than chilling in the FOS. And even if i'm wrong on that, no one has ever said superman was smart... he's kinda the brute force idiot of the JLA.