Need Earth Dps loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Critics, Jun 8, 2013.

1. AIpha New Player

yes
  2. Deathmike Devoted Player

Personal attacks happen to be a violation of the ToS.
    And you also have the fact that it was unprovoked which is an aggravating circumstance.

Deathmike out.
  3. AIpha New Player

I didn't see a personal attack anywhere. Just jokingly made fun of how the phrase, "Deathmike out" makes you sound like a gangsta wannabe and I mean come on you know it does thats why you say it.

Alpha out.
    • Like x 1
  4. Critics New Player

Whats a Tos?
  5. segundoblz New Player

Why don't we stick out to the topic and someone tell us a good dps loadout for earth in the t5 content?
  6. AIpha New Player

I alr
    I already did and he is using it. Its on pg 2.
  7. segundoblz New Player

I think I will die if I keep using jackhammer next to Lex >.>
  8. Critics New Player

Check earlier they mentioned it
  9. AIpha New Player

I listed more than one loadout.
  10. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Gear - I am in between t4 and the cr 81-82 gear from the T5 solos mainly from taking a year sor so off.

My base might is around 1900
    My base precision is 790 ish

I borrowed Orbits's loadout of off his youtube video

Debris field - Jackhammer - stone - unstopable - localized tremor - reinforce

He does a grea tjob of explaining how to use it and how it can be very power or troller firendly. You can sub out sanblast for localized tremor which I tend to do in raids just for bos killing at the end of a fight also for a cheap 50% modifier. Unstopable and reinforce clip anything and unstaopable is a 45 % modifier and reinforce obviosuly as mentioned a 50 %.

Earth is very verstile and ton of fun and once you figure out the range of jackhammer it is amazing expescially with the new 1700 vit trolls if they cast P.O.T, you can literally jackahmmer until your little heart is conent and watch things just melt.

Also a less traditional but equally as effective load out video

I couldn't find ti quikly but smileb4death has a video of him rocking a similar loadot in brothers with Duel Wield.

Earth is a very interesting fun and diverse power set.
    Also Jackhammer is much strong that a weapon combo at my level of precision.
  11. Ogat New Player

I just wanna state one thing- jackhammer cannot do more dmg then the waepon combo on single target maximum buffed(trinket,cola,reinforce,relentles prec carnage) I'm rocking around 2k prec dmg done by an aftershock at it's maximum lies between 1k-1,2k. A Dual wield charged double throw consistently crits over 5k with this kind of precision. it takes 0.6 seconds to aftershock once it takes 2.5 seconds to charge the dual wield in the time you do 1 throw you could aftershock 4 timesassuming you're extremely lucky and get 8 maximum crits durning the 4 aftershocks you'd still be at:
    4x1,2k=4,8k vs 5k+immidiately clipped by let's say pebble for another bonus 1,2k should it crit.
    In practice you wan't get 4 perfect crits, and you will be not buffed up like that forever, the double throws dmg will go down too but it will still crit well over 4k, where the aftershocks drop down to max 1k if both ticks crit. And Double throw isn't even the most dmging or efficient combo to use.
  12. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

Been testing loadouts and rotations here and there. Sadly, I could only test Tier 1-2 stuff since my earth alts have never really gotten high enough CR.

I've been using Jackhammer lately, but I don't use its aftershocks other than to chain it to another offensive power. The fact that aftershocks are precision-based attacks mean I could practically pull off Hard Light rotations with it. In my case, it's Jackhammer, tap, Tectonic Break for a dazing reapplication.

The loadout in question is (Staff):
    Tectonic Break, Reinforce, Localized Tremor, Jackhammer, Upheaval, Meteor Storm

I've been using my staff's multiple hit combos to build supercharge as I do find myself using it on various occasions. To help me with damage are the 50% bonuses from Tectonic Break, Jackhammer and Reinforce. So basically, I'm prec-build without heavily relying on aftershocks. Localized Tremor is my spammable power that could interact with dazing while Upheaval is there for situational AoE ranged attacks since I lack an actual ranged power.

I also made a crushing build for ranged attacks. I actually utilize Rumblecrush, but knowing the power has its issues, it requires a little more positioning with it.

The loadout in question is (Dual Pistols):
    Rumblecrush, Reinforce, Striking Stones, Shards, Debris Field, Earthquake/Meteor Storm

Since Dual Pistols are the most mobile weapons in the game, it helps me a lot getting into position quicker for throwing Rumblecrush. The weapon also works very well with the loadout since Dual Pistols are mostly single-target. Like my staff rotation, I take advantage of Dual Pistol's multi-hit combos to build supercharges quickly. Striking Stones is my main damaging power in this build due to its ranged AoE properties. If ever possible, I clip it whenever I can. Shards is my other main damaging power but only if I get too close. Debris Field should be self-explanatory. The build can be might-based or balanced.
    • Like x 1
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Im not arguing with you, that stated your own math says different.
    Play whatever way makes the game fun for you but 8 K beats 5 K with your 5 being a crit

and if you want to extend your math, breaking your combo after charged throw you can get two off before you after reset your mutiplier.
    Aftershock builds a combo and with relentless precision you can stack you precision bonus so...

two charged throws

5 seconds 10 K if both crit
    5 seconds 8 hits between 8 - 16 k staking your combo meter with relentless precision.....

Again im not agruning with you and using your math, afteshock > weapon combo
  14. Ogat New Player

How'd you come up with that? lol.
    The absolute max dmg done with 8 aftershocks is 9,6k (with the stats mentioned above.):> Relentless precision doesn't double your potential dmg neither has the combo meter anything to do with it.
    At 8 Aftershocks the maximum potential dmg difference before charged double throw or Jackhammer for single target is doubled, after 12 it's trippled and we go on... Keep in mind that you will not constantly crit with the aftershocks, or with the second dazed tick for that matter. Also you cannot keep that kind of precision all the time.
    There's nothing to argue about, jackhammer is not a single target move and is not a replacement for a waepon combo in any rotation for that matter.
  15. Deathmike Devoted Player

When you rely solely on eye measurements and when you also lack a basic understanding of primary school math you're going to get all sorts of crazy results.

Deathmike out.
  16. Ogat New Player

You're in the can't multiply by 4 or 8 team here :> last time i checked 4 x 1,2 still made 4,8 and 8x 1,2 still made 9,6. But hey what do i know rotfl.
    I also rely on parsers logs, and a stop watch, and play earth for what 1,5 years now. You on the other hand? Keep soloing the supergirls, stick to what you're good at.
  17. AIpha New Player

Ogat deathmike is actually right here. Now if you posted numbers if the charged throw without crit it would be easier to see but I gave charged throw a high non crit of 4000 which puts it even with the low end of aftershocks but like you said that's not the best combo. The combo I told deathmike hand blast hold hold WILL do more damage than aftershocks. At 2k prec hold hold will hit each for 1500 low or 2000 high and it only takes 1.25secs to get off. That's a total over 5 secs of 12000 low 16000 high vs. Jackhammers 8000 low 9600 high. These are non crit comparisons. With that difference even the prec home turf mod won't give jackhammer the edge.
  18. Deathmike Devoted Player

Yeah, yeah.. there's not a single person on this forum who hasn't been playing since beta.
    Your argument that slower hitting attacks(DW charged throw) will benefit more from Critical Chance then faster hitting ones(Jackhammer aftershocks) is ridiculous to say the least.
    No one's paying me to teach you neither math nor good manners.

Deathmike out.
  19. Ogat New Player

Cherged double throw hits like solar flare with crits without one. But that's not the point, the point is the probability of atcually getting 8 crits on 4 aftershocks is miniscule.

Let's give you for theoretical purposes a crit chance of 50%:
    a Charged double throw would have a 1/2 chance to crit
    4 aftershocks with 8 dmg ticks with a 50% chance have a 1/2^8 chance so 1/256 chance to actually happen
  20. AIpha New Player

But solar flare /meteor blast is faster and can be done more often.

As far as your crit analysis you kind of skewed the numbers. Each aftershock still has a 50% chance.to crit but the chance that ALL crit is the number you calculated. The aftershocks have the same chance of crit as your charged double throw.

Also if you make comparisons you have to omit crits and just to high/lows no crits.