Give us the option to skip Central City in T5 OP's

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zim, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

If you spend a lot of time playing DCUO and don't know whether or not you get Marks in CC, then you need to be a little more attentive.

You get 5 marks in both of the OPS. You get 0 from the CC part of it. The CC part is pointless.

A little while ago the devs changed it so you got 5 marks from both ops instead of 4 from one and 5 from the other. You guys spend time on the board...Check the announcements forum from time to time.

In BIA you get 1 mark from the iconic, 1 mark from lex and superman, 1 mark from captain Nee and 2 marks from Jor El.

In FAM you get 1 mark from the iconic (or associate), 1 mark from Bat/Cat, 1 mark from the fake mini boss in the theatre, and 2 marks from Lex.

You get 0 marks from CC. All you get is simple or complex material.
    • Like x 2
  2. UltraElite Dedicated Player

exactly what i thought what i read this QQ

Cause it doesnt help me and takes 5 extra min, i shouldnt have to do it

like what?!?!?!?!
  3. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

CC should be removed...

It's a big waste of time now AND the team work argument is bogus.

I can complete the entire CC part of both OPs by myself, or by hanging around other groups. Matter of fact I'll often just phase out from my group in CC because it's faster for me to go at it rogue than trying to do it with my group.
  4. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I don't recall any other missions in he entire game where you have to complete two objectives AND defeat a boss and get nothing for it.

It's not that you are doing something for no marks....It's that you are doing (relatively) a lot for no reward. This is not a walk through hallways fighting mini bosses on the way to a main boss. This is a whole mission in itself where you get absolutely nothing of value.

The CC part definitely needs the option of being skipped or just remove it from the OPS all together.

Or Nerf the NPC's in there a bit and change it into a duo where you have to complete all the objectives and fight all three bosses to complete it.
  5. Bastid New Player

Yes to the OP.

All you people who don't agree to this, just go out and get another job. This portion of the OP in central city is nothing but busy work withput the reward. There is plenty more busy work in alternate gotham/metrop. I don't see why so many of you enjoy doing this no rewarding busy work. At least in the T4 8 man op's all the busy work leads to a boss that drops decent loot along with marks. You get none of that in central city.
  6. Charlie Fantom New Player

Im not for skipping it but rather more for having it launched into the sun.
  7. Booster New Player

If you're like me you still like to run that part so you can get items to salvage...
  8. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

Lets say you get all the drops in there. The most you can salvage is 3 pieces of gear.

You can go to regular central city and stand around killing reapers and get more gear to salvage in a lot shorter time with less work.
  9. Booster New Player

Well yeah if that were my only goal, why not get the two-three pieces while I'm running an alert I would be running anyway for marks and double my fun? The Eradicator and Prowler are easy anyway, it's the gathering of crates/rescuing of scientists that can be difficult(for me anyway) if my group's in a low pop phase.
  10. thirty six Loyal Player

I've never gotten a mark in cc?
  11. RogerBlack Committed Player

Central City is not a waste of time... we also get GEAR, PLANS & WEAPONS from this part of the mission.
    • Like x 1
  12. matt4950 Well-Known Player

someone doesn't pay attention to the storyline smh
    • Like x 1
  13. UltraElite Dedicated Player

anyone else get the "I WANT IT NOW" jibe from this thread?

"if im going to work, i better be rewarded right after"

the i dont want to work for something i get later, i want it now!

its 5 extra min in a 4-man that gives u marks for T5 gear

we already get more than we should from these 4-man, now u want to trim the fat to make it easier

no

just no
  14. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

Amen.
  15. segundoblz New Player

Final Boss on each ops gives 2 MoR. Just saying :D
  16. thenewkidd New Player

Especially with the loot nerf....
    and you sorta still can "by bass" it by simply not doing the to "optional side bosses".. rescue scientists or obtain the crates... the kill the destroyer... done and done... I'm getting pretty good at playing "Kill me you stupid adds" while someone in my group runs and gets a crate/scientist and we get it done pretty quick. I would say no longer than 5 minutes.
  17. Yui Loyal Player

Paradox Destroyer doesn't give any marks.

BIA
    Iconic = 1 mark
    Lex Luthor/Superman = 1 mark
    Captain N'ee = 1 mark
    Jor-El = 2 marks
    Total = 5 marks

FR
    Wayne Tech Associate = 1 mark
    Batman/Catwoman = 1 mark
    Altered Nexus Drone = 1 mark
    Lex Luthor = 2 marks
    Total = 5 marks
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

19. TheRealDeathern New Player

So why not just have boss fights in all instances?

Do you just show up on payday at work and say give me my check?

You earn the marks at the end because you completed ALL the content. Just like you get paid on Fridays because you worked Monday thru Thursday.

Geeze.

SUPER DOWN VOTE -1 X A GOOGLE FROM ME.
    • Like x 2
  20. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

You do not get plans from CC anymore and the gear and occasional weapon drops are the low end T5 gear. It's all CR 81 gear...you can get better stuff from the Solos...