Old styles in new content. Confusion.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RapidRay, May 16, 2013.

1. RapidRay Committed Player

I don't know about anyone else, but now that DLC 7 has been out for a bit, I'm wondering why the devs made the T5 alert drops with older styles.

Last night in BIA, the DPS mentioned he did not need an Insectoid style chest that dropped and said we could all roll on it. My screen showed the STYLE as already collected, but I took a second to see what I already had for DPS gear (was tanking at the time).

The Kabuki chest in my inventory had better numbers across the board. I rolled pass so that the healer and controller could roll need without me rolling for something I honestly didn't need for styles or stats.

The way it's set up, the ONLY way to know if it increases your stats is if you're wearing similar gear. The increased stats will be green. If a healer passes and you are DPS with a powerset that can equip it, you have no indication of whether you already have it based on the style alone.

I'm all for people getting off role gear when the opportunity pops up, but when new content is released, having NEW STYLES makes it a whole lot easier to share the wealth at a glance and not inadvertently deprive others...and yourself...of better gear.

Just sayin'.....
    • Like x 2
  2. Why so serious? New Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Ixnay New Player

Yeah, hopefully I'll get to lvl83+ in all 8 pieces soon so i can stop inspecting myself lol
  4. LisaLoeb New Player

I don't change from the style I like and have used forever anyway, so I could care less what the styles look like.
    • Like x 1
  5. indee2025 New Player

The new DLC is great, but yea, not gonna defend their choice to rehash old styles, could have released a ton of new styles, Heatwaves ventillator, Mirror Master boots, Manhunter's cloak, etc etc....could have been even easier for them if they would have made some the Digital Invasion, Cybernetic or Patriot styles...pretty dissapointing to get a new drop and see it's insectoid style...it's like a slap in the face on top of the uglyiest Tierd armor to be released yet.
  6. The Johnny army New Player

This might be because some of the old styles were hard to get and role specific. I finished the insectoid style thanks to this and a league troller finished the Viking set that drops for DPS. Check your styles feats, see what you are missing, chances are you will get some of the styles in the DLC. Anyway, if you had T4 prior to the DLC, everything you get in the new alerts, solos and raids will be ups.
  7. Fools Fire Loyal Player

I totally agree. I already have all of these old styles. So, I made a spreadsheet showing the Armor Parts, Styles I have installed and Styles I have, but haven't installed yet. (Waiting to get enough bits together for the Mods.) This makes it a lot easier but odd that I'm needing to do this.
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Has anyone gotten all the Themed style sets (Not iconic styles) without using a Power Respec Token?

If it's still not possible without using a Power Respec token, seems like T5As and Solos would have been a good place to add styles not available to players of a certain role. instead of insectoid. Insectoid?? 0o why not Alien Tech?
    @ work, no game access to see what style i've got no pieces of as a controller/dps.

Aide note: looks like DCUO-db got updated. (seeing CR 82 items)
  9. DarkSyde79 Loyal Player

The choices for the ops and raid drops in DLC7 are confusing to say the least. To make it worse, there are precision and might sets for DPS in the ops (not sure about the raids).

If they where going to go this route, I wish they would've included styles that where not complete styles beforehand like Kryptonian Flexsuit in BiA or League of Assassins in Reunion. Possibly offering variant pieces for the gear that was already available.

In the end, integrating these older incomplete styles with the addition of variant pieces into the game would've been a better choice IMHO than styles that are very common styles.
  10. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

be careful, you'll go blind.
  11. OG ELITE Committed Player

I was kinda disappointed to see they rehashed the old stuff when they made all those cool styles for the adds on krypton in the family operation. I want Jor- Els flexsuit lol I still love his dlc though
  12. Dead_Corps New Player

That's DC for you. Reusing old content and calling it new. lol
  13. Evian Well-Known Player

My guess is, since upper-tier players do not play lower-tier instances anymore (where such styles did drop), this is our chance to obtain them, while not giving up the chance to play new content.
  14. MattMinus New Player

It's clear that this game has very limited resources. So, if we're getting new maps and tier styles, there's just not enough development time left to get us new styles for drops.
  15. Old Gravyleg New Player

Are you suggesting that new styles should be released with new content? Is this madness?

Seriously though, after doing both new t5 alerts and seeing that they're both pretty much the exact same thing until the end, does this truly surprise you? Even before doing the alerts, look back at the "new" t4 batcave alert.

It was so new. The styles in there were so new. Oh, wait... my mistake. It was the exact same thing as the t2 raid and the styles were all older than dirt.
  16. RapidRay Committed Player

wow
    Let me try to clarify this a bit...

When you see a DPS piece drop and the DPS says " I have that already. You guys can roll on it." that DPS piece will show "ALREADY COLLECTED" in the description window. Viking, Insectoid, Kabuki.....and so on don't mean you already have the T5 version of it, just that STYLE.

If you have ALREADY been building a T5 DPS set the STYLE is not as important as the STATS are when you get an opportunity to roll on it. While you're in your SUPPORT ROLE with your SUPPORT GEAR ON, you can only see the increased might or precision. What you CANNOT see is whether or not you already have something better or worse in your inventory.

Example: The 81CR tank helmet drops and the tank says he has it and will pass or only greed on it. A fire, ice or earth DPS can equip it to raise their tanking CR...but if they already have an 82CR tank helmet, they really don't gain anything from it statistically. The ONLY way to know if it is a higher or lower CR is to open up your inventory and have a look at what level the TANK HELMET YOU ALREADY HAVE IS.
    In a raid with 2-3 DPSers who can equip that same tank helmet, IN THE PAST, "NOT COLLECTED" meant you hadn't gotten it yet. until DLC7, EVERY OTHER DLC WITH HIGHER TIERED DROPS INCLUDED UNIQUE STYLES.

With DLC 7, old styles many of the long time players completed ages ago are being put onto T5 gear. The old "glance-at-the-box-says-style-collected-hit-pass" doesn't apply to this content and that can mean someone who could have really benefited form an off role drop can lose it because the other DPSers just hit need and move on without looking to see if the STATS were better or worse for their other role. Even in league runs this happens.

To Evian....you're absolutely right.
    Shortly after starting this thread, I ran BIA and the T5 DPS Viking FEET dropped. I was the DPS for the run and ELATED to have finally completed the style for the 25 feat points. Now I don't have to farm the Stryker's Island alert as a tank hoping for the final boss to drop the TANK ONLY version.
  17. MARK2099 New Player

To resume, you are confused because you don't know if hit need or not, because for one side you already collected the style, for the other side increase all your stats, just hit need if get better stats, if you don't want to need already collected styles then just greed.
  18. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Someone playing T5 content actually had to have the difference between a collected style and the stats of the item explained to them??? This is EXTREMELY sad.