Balance the Tank Role Buff

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Soulburn32, May 15, 2013.

1. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

It is my opinion and many others that the no Tank in your group role buff is not in line with the other role buffs provided from no Healer and no Troll.

25% Damage reduction to all 4 members of your group that is Always On no mater what 100% of the time during the Alert or Raid is far to powerful.

25% Damage reduction is often more than enough to eliminate all if not the vast majority of the 1 shots in the new OPs. If you have no fear of 1 shots while running content then it becomes far to easy to just spam heal through any damage that might come.

I feel that while it should be possible to complete content without a Tank in your group is should be more of a challenge than it currently is. When the highest level of 4 man content in the game can sometimes be easier without 1 of the 4 role present it seems like we have reached a point that something is not in balance.

My suggestion was if your going to leave it as an always on mechanic it needs to be lowered to somewhere around 10% Damage reduction. I would actually suggest another option would be you only get the 25% damage reduction if your health is below lets say 50% AND you are BLOCKING.

Any changes like this would make it more of a challenge to not run Tanks but still be able to complete content without them should you not be able to find one to play with.

TL : DR = The tank role buff is currently not in line with the other role buffs and deserves to be addressed in some way.
    • Like x 29
  2. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

There was a quote in one of the other threads that I will always remember, its along the lines of try running a op without a healer/troller and see how well you do with that role buff. You'll find it's pretty much impossible where the tank role buff is very much accomplishable.
    • Like x 5
  3. HellsOpus New Player

Agreed Soulburn, the damage mitigation buff when running without a tank is not in line with the other buffs and needs to be balanced. Either buff the healing and power buffs or nerf the damage mitigation buff. As it stands now this buff makes tanks less necessary than other roles. Should be designed to either need all roles for an instance or so that you can run with any combination, but not that you need certain roles and not others.
    • Like x 2
  4. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

blah i would rather this of stayed in Arkham but o well
  5. MARK2099 New Player

You again trying to hurt the community due lack of roles? hell before ask for nerf that buff ask devs implement a way to force players to play the alt roles, is not bad enough waste time looking for healers and controllers? now you want players waste more time looking for tanks?

There are a huge list of thing that are not in line in his game, most of them make unbalanced the game, why this one who don't affect the game at all have to change?
    • Like x 2
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I've been running a LOT of t5 alerts. After finally trying 2dps this weekend... it's easier and faster!

Initially I thought, no way, but after a little gearing, it's very doable and so much so taht I find it easier and faster. We got every feat except the not killing jor el's reinforcements without really going for them. No shield touching on the bruce/thomas fight, np bruce was dead before they activated the shields. The dally in the alley we didn't even try for, just got it because we did it quickly with 2 dps.

I don't think it'd be healthy for the game to remove the ability to use 2dps, but right now it's easier using 2 dps than tank + dps, and that's wrong.

Along with all this, the imbalance between roles. I can't remove a healer and still be successful, it's just not going to happen.

So people wonder why there aren't many tanks, and you can basically point to this buff.

I think dropping it from 25% to 10% would still make it doable for 2dps, but it'd be hard enough that it wouldn't be preferable.
    • Like x 2
  7. Strydorman Well-Known Player

Agreed, and honestly when I found out about these buffs, my first thought was why? I mean why not make people see how important all roles are. By doing the buffs you kind of take that away, especially to the new players in early alerts.

Besides, Jens if your reading this show some love for your favorite class man! We're dying out here! ( and for a Tank that's hard to do).
    • Like x 3
  8. recespieces31 New Player

What? Did you even read what Soulburn what talking about? Where in his entire OP did he talk about forcing players to run their alt roles?

Soulburn is talking about the Tank buff when no Tank is present in 4-man content...The Tank buff is currently 25% Damage Reduction to the entire party, which basically takes the place of a Tank in the instance...the Controller/Healer buffs are no where near strong enough to replace either of them and they only work when the entire group is in range of each other
    • Like x 1
  9. segundoblz New Player

And so what? I don't want to be forced to run with a tank. /thread
  10. recespieces31 New Player

I never said you had to, but the Tank buff makes it even more viable to run without a Tank than it already is...I do not see players saying "we can run without a Healer because it will be quicker and we get the Healing buff." Why is it that only the Tank buff gets a great affix, but the other buffs don't?
    • Like x 2
  11. KemistiOMG Committed Player

well while this i pretty cool suggestion, i still prefer to remove all group buffs to make the need of roles where it was
    • Like x 1
  12. Strydorman Well-Known Player

Nobody is forcing you to run with a Tank, we just want it to be equally as difficult as if you ran with no Healer or Troller.
    • Like x 3
  13. HellsOpus New Player

@ segundoblz And yet you are forced to run with a healer and troll. Whereas with the current damage mitigation buff groups actually benefit from running without a tank. Do you see the balance issue? Either you should be forced to run with all roles, or the buffs should be balanced so that content can be completed with any combination of roles with the same relative difficulty. One role should not be made obsolete while the others required. It happens to be tank in this situation, but this is true for any role. They should all be balanced in terms necessity. All roles should be required or replaceable to an equal extent.
    • Like x 1
  14. Senshirou Committed Player

The role buffs were a bad idea from the beginning. Prime is the best example because many people got all the feats the first day. Yes, I know the buffs were removed from raids, but my point is just take them out period.
    • Like x 6
  15. MCAZR New Player

This.
    • Like x 1
  16. Breedin Bull New Player

You make this exact same thread at least once per week.
    • Like x 2
  17. yoddadoom New Player

there not going to decrease it this is t5 not suspose to be able to just pug it like other content this is a new forum of content for dc new way to play there not going to buff/nerf it at all unless there is a bug
  18. Neptune New Player

Remove all group buff. Problem solve.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I'd love that. Then more people would play their role early on and learn it.

Probably won't happen though... since it's logical.
    • Like x 2
  20. Neptune New Player

Thats the point.