USPS3 Tanks...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gr33dyMoney, May 12, 2013.

1. Justin Credible New Player

A small problem I've noticed is the mindset of the community itself (I may just be saying this as a loner). Of course, it's sometimes annoying to carry those people who have no clue what they're doing and tell them or show them what's the right thing to do (some get angered by the assertion that they don't know what they're doing), however if you want more skilled players, it has to be done. I did Kahndaq on on my Quantum last night and when one of the trolls asked the other troll what his vit was, the other guy who is in troll stance goes "What? I don't know what any of that is". I died laughing (I thought he was a legit "TROLL"). Some people just make it far and know absolutely nothing.

Point I'm trying to make is, yes it's nice to stay with your league or groups of friends or whatever if you're trying to get things done, but if you don't have an environment that nurtures players ability to adapt and learn, of course you're not going to have good tanks, trolls, dps, etc. If you kick someone from the group in favor of the people you know can do the role (IF they're online), you're crippling the availability of these people in the future (play with the hand you're dealt as long as the person is reasonable). The characters on this game are based on three things: the quality of your gear, the knowledge you have of the game and the skill(s) you have that allow you to implement this knowledge. If I can't get in raids and alerts, it's harder for me to get high tier gear quickly and for those of us that are impatient, we'll simply give up on that endeavor (possible tanks). If I get booted constantly from groups without any real explanation as to what I'm doing wrong there goes my knowledge and my skill.

What do you have left? Half-***** players or nothing at all.
    • Like x 2
  2. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Maybe this ^ was an acceptable strategy/tactic for older content, which I didn't endorse back then, but it definitely wouldn't help you now. Most of the bosses in this content have aoe attacks that stun and do escalating damage that many healers simply cannot heal through, even with the Fortified Blocking tactical mod. Tanks must be mobile, kiting bosses, without getting to far away, and remaining in line of sight. I almost only run with my league and people on my friends list, however, if I ever heard that nonsense from anyone in a group I'm in, they will instantly go on ignore. The days of lazy Tanking is over. The cream will rise to the top, while others will go DPS or switch classes.....;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

from what i've seen there is plenty of Tanks most of us just aren't pugging because our league's are needing us enough that we don't even have to think about pugging.

and even if i did pug, why would we?

why would I want to help gear up people that are only going to replace me as soon as they have better gear to run with 2 dps without constant whipes.
    • Like x 5
  4. xSevendust New Player

Thing is I was doing my job playing my role, pulling aggro keeping adds pulled off group members, blocking if I pulled a few too many adds but doing some damage if the situation allowed for it and for bosses holding aggro and trying as best I can to keep bosses turned away from group. My problem is getting told to basically not do my job. I think it might have just been a situation that the healer had never made a tank toon and therefore didn't understand the damage numbers I was taking and trying to keep up with the tells on bosses so as not to eat a one shot. Maybe I should say healers trolls and dps calm down if you see the tanks blocking a lil more for the time being, soon as we get a few pieces of the new gear we'll start doing more damage and a lil less blocking to help speed these alerts up.
  5. Hallows Eve New Player

They aren't mandatory for the new alerts. My league did the alerts yesterday with 2 dps and 2 healers.
  6. Photocyn New Player

The devs introduced the 25% buff because very few people wanted to Tank, so to get groups faster they made the buff so that you could get through the content. As a Healer I prefer Tanks, instead of the throw more DPS at them method of running content. So hopefully the Devs will put some kind of tutorial so that people can learn there roles before getting to level 30.
  7. ElectricPhoton New Player

Sort of like how when you reach level 6 you have to do a new mission titled: "Learning your Role" and they'd take you to the HOD/WT and teach you how to play as your specific role.

Healers: Have to heal 3 allies( Robots) and teach you more about your special stats Restoration etc
    Heal without giving up most of your powers

Controllers: Have to give power to 3 allies and teach you about your special stats Vitalization etc
    How to effectively give power without getting knocked out

Tanks: Have to gain aggravation on 3 enemies ( Really easy which makes more people become Tanks) and teach you about your specific stats Defense
    Tank without losing aggro

And finally have them say " EVERY ROLE DEPENDS ON THE OTHER ONE, YOU CAN'T HAVE A GROUP WITHOUT THE REQUIRED ROLES ".

DPS should only be used sparingly, getting on top of the charts on alerts, raids, etc. isn't everything.
  8. Goony New Player

ive been reading through this thread shaking my head at people, money hungry tanks, too many dps. if i see 5 groups shouting for a tank and there are a couple dps shouting for a group and we are only missing a tank, i will take the dps because it can be done without a tank, might not be as pretty but can still be done without waiting for a tank for hours on end
  9. Miahztwin Committed Player

ahha! what kind of a sucker would actually pay a tank. lol if youre talking about tanks for nexus and paradox then yeah it will be hard to PUG period! but if youre talking about tanking ops? 2dpses are way easier to run. i was against the whole thing but as long as the healer is up for it, the op is cut down by at least 10-15min. Then again i did hear they are taking away missing role buffs in ops.(not sure, not confirming that) but til then, 2dpses is more than capable. im a tank so i should be against that but when i went dps role lol it was sooo much easier
  10. Lacedog Loyal Player

Did the last boss fight of family reunion almost entirely without our dps the other day. He got one shotted by some fluky attack and just didn't get picked up in time. The fight took a lil extra time, but I'd be willing to bet it was quicker than wiping however many times trying to run without a tank.
  11. Heavens Sword Dedicated Player

Add in more NPCs with Oneshot mechanics:
    1)Tanks will be needed to keep them occupied and block.
    2) Controllers will need to CC and Debuff mobs.
    3) Dps will need to learn their weapon combos and extend those combos.
    4) Healers will need to give team buffs and heal when needed not just spam heals.
  12. Crimson_Flare New Player

Man, I got a tell from you and send one back last night. Next time im on, I will run them with you even if im locked, I just had to farm for a bit. But yeah, if i didn't respond I could have been afk or in a menu. I do not ignore people. See you ingame next time.