Is there a Waynetech Tory for Villians?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Teknyka, May 13, 2013.

1. Teknyka New Player

Waynetech Tory, the merchant just across the river coming straight out of the Diamond District PD in Gotham, besides giving Heroes the 12th level PvP mission Diamonds are for Everyone, also sells some great weapons. At 77.9 DPS (lvl 30 PvE, lvl 77 PvP), they are a must have for a fresh level 30 Hero to grab - certainly better than what most players will have upon first hitting lvl 30.
    Unfortunately (and unfairly), there doesn't seem to be a merchant for villians that sells equivalent weapons. It seems a little biased to me, since I have 3 villians that have to wait until they hit cr53 and get into Central City in order to get a really decent (lvl 62) weapon. Why is this?
    If someone out there knows of a vendor for villians that sells weapons of that caliper (for cash only, like Tory), could you please pass the info along so my evil friends and I can get geared up? Much thanks.........!
  2. Why so serious? New Player

1. Run FOS3
    2. Get a weapon
    3. ????
    4. Profit
    Just about everyone passes on weapons in FOS3 anyways and are just as good as the central city weapons. In fact, they are the same. The only difference is that the CC weapon has an affinity attached to it that will only work if others are using SPARC weapons, which no one runs with anymore anyways, which makes the affinity useless.
  3. Teknyka New Player

4. Zhouz Well-Known Player

That vendor is there as a reward for winning the diamond heist. If the villains win, they have a vendor at their side instead of Tory on the hero's side of the heist.
  5. Teknyka New Player

The SPARC weapons are the ones Waynetech Tory sells, which is what all 6 of my Heroes have and is what I want for my villians. As far as running FOS3, I can't do that as a fresh lvl 30, so it isn't really any better than waiting to hit cr53 and getting the CC weapon.
    I appreciate the input, but you kinda missed what the point of the post was!
  6. Teknyka New Player

7. Teknyka New Player

So, if I wait until I see a notice that the Villians have won the Heist, then a villian vendor will be where Waynetech Tory normally is? I'll have to watch for that!
  8. Zhouz Well-Known Player

No the vendor will be on the villain's area by their drop-off point for the heist. Yes, look for the notice that villains won and you will find them.
  9. Dead_Corps New Player

You can go to metro near the LexCorp building for the Ring War. Villains win the ring more than they do the Diamond Heist. They both sell the same gear.
  10. Galklife Dragon New Player

The sparc weapons used to still proc for the person using them though. Has that been taken away?
  11. Why so serious? New Player

That affinity only activates when 3 other people in your party is using the SPARC weapon and it has always been like that. Since no one does use one, you may as well be running the FOS3 weapon. They both have the same stats. You just have 2 options to pick from...
    1. Get a free weapon from FOS3
    or
    2. Waste marks on a weapon with the same everything a FOS3 weapon has.