What CR should I be to join a Tier 4 raid

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by VIRALITY, May 13, 2013.

1. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

The other day I joined a Tier 4 raid and pretty much got laughed at and kicked. My CR is 71 and I always see shouts in LFG looking for mid-80s CR as the bare minimum. I know LFG will exaggerate what CR you need to actually be to be able to compete in the raid.

My plan is to watch some YouTube videos and learn how to complete the raids, so I at least understand the strategy. I'm thinking maybe I'll keep grinding with the tier 3 raids until my CR is in the high 70s.

Does that sound reasonable?
  2. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

CR 70 should be fine as long as you're with a group that knows what they are doing and are communicative enough to let you know what is happening and what will happen next. When people could walk in and get the drop gear with CR's lower than 70 we used to run 3-4 people with CR's under 70 through those raids. Gates of Tartarus is very easy to get through and Prime is simple as long as you are aware of the tells each Avatar and Brainiac have.

Have fun!
    • Like x 2
  3. Delta795 New Player

If you meet the minimum requirement you should be able to run it. I have no problem with a CR 70 in Gates or Veng. I would recommend
    maybe waiting till mid 70 to hit Dawn or PBG.

The people who laughed and kicks are a-holes who forgot at one time they were fresh 70's at one time as well.
    • Like x 2
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

Agree with above. Gate and Vengeance are easy, even at CR 70. Prime and BD are tougher, so I'd wait on those until you're better geared.
    • Like x 1
  5. Octantis New Player

70 is all you need. If you're at that point, do the Home Turf dailies and gear up that way (125-131 weapons, 78 rings and utility belts, and 74 gear every 5 dailies, and these can be done two at a time so you gear up real fast). Also, T4 4-man Op is easy and queues fast, and you can get CR 72 gear from that.

Do those, mod with mod 1s, and you'll be up to 80 in no time without doing Raids at all. At that point it won't matter what CR they ask for, you'll be geared just fine for whatever they ask for CR-wise. That's probably the best way to PuG from HQ Shouts and LFG.

Otherwise, most Leagues won't care as long as you meet the minimum.
    • Like x 1
  6. Musicilicious New Player

CR 70 is minimum and should be fine but most people on LFG channel are too picky. I lied once about my CR just to get into PRIME, I was CR 70 at that time and everyone else on the group was above CR 80. Surprise surprise I came out on top on the damage counter. Kinda makes you think why people are so picky nowadays.
    • Like x 1
  7. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

8. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

On another note, I can understand why people are so picky when forming groups.

If I don't know someone and how skilled they are, the only thing I have to go off of is how good your gear is. I'd rather take a chance on a geared person than a not as geared person...
  9. Delta795 New Player

I've also been in FOS 3 with entire group of 80+ CR's who couldn't figure out NOT to hit the medics when shields were up. Personally I don't check gear unless you're getting wiped on content A LOT.
  10. ARI ATARI New Player

• Like x 2
  11. Owl Devoted Player

Stats for your role are more important than your Combat Rating. Performing your role is more important than your Combat Rating.

The main task for a Healer is to RESTORE HEALTH to the team. High Restoration and multiple Healing abilities are necessary to restore health in Tier 4 Raids. You can not keep a group alive if you only have 1 Healing ability in your loadout. If you can not keep a group alive, expect to be kicked.

The main task for a Controller is to provide POWER to the team. High Vitalization, a Power Over Time ability and a Group Power Burst ability are necessary to provide Power to the team. A group Power Supercharge and a Defense Debuff can also be helpful. A Power starved group will most likely kick the Controller that has the lowest power out. Some groups will kick based on Vitalization.

The main task for a Tank is to keep opponents off the team. A Tank must have high Health and Defense for survivability. A Tank must meet the content minimum Dominance requirement to Pull, Juggle and Control opponents. A Tank must have a Pull ability, a group Control ability and survivability abilities. If you can not keep opponents off the team and you can not survive encounters, expect to be kicked.

Damagers should have high Might and Precision. There are more Damagers available than the other 3 roles combined. If another Damager has more than double your Damage out and opponents are not being burned down quick enough, expect to be kicked.
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

Owl makes some good points. If you meet the CR requirement, but some of that is because of off-role gear, and you have low SP relative to your CR, you may struggle, depending on your skill level.
  13. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Any idea where I do the home turf dailies?
  14. KemistiOMG Committed Player

70 is more than enough for gates, alerts and op1 you may need some more gear to run pgb and op2 but its not necessary
  15. Octantis New Player

First you need the DLC, and then go to the back of Stryker's Island, and also in front of Ace Chemicals between it and Monarch Playing Cards. At least for Heroes. For Villains, they're over in Arkham and Steelworks.
  16. Owl Devoted Player

Heroes: Ace Chemicals & Stryker's Island
    Villains: Arkham Island & Steelworks
  17. Senshirou Committed Player

70 is fine. Go nuts out there.
    • Like x 2
  18. Liam Solo New Player

Try starting a raid group yourself. Just let everyone know its not a style run when you start.

Good Luck with the T4 Raids they are a lot of fun and good drops to be had.
    • Like x 1
  19. Golden_Assassin Committed Player

I say it depends on your role. I know I needed to be at least 79 to do dawn decent. Prime...forget it unless your 87 plus.
  20. Abstrakt Loyal Player

70 is fine bd vengance and gates are not hard. Are you on the pc or ps3? run with your league if you can. If your league isnt able or can run it yet and your on pc let me know ill help you set a group up and get you through.
    Kicking someone because they They dont meet some ungodly requirement but the person is able to queue for it is just stupid. I saw a cr 80 request for kandaq yesterday i laughed so hard i about pissed myself.
    • Like x 2