bastion is now a p.o.t. move... so how effective is it?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by thoughtpatern, May 8, 2013.

1. Senshirou Committed Player

I stopped using SD because of this new awesomeness for EH
    • Like x 1
  2. Motive New Player

So the new Bastion is potentially going to be more useful than Word of Power?

There isn't a long cast time animation, you get a double PoT going and it will block damage!

BRB need to respec!
    • Like x 2
  3. BomombRook New Player

Wow, glad I won't have to really use WoP anymore lol. It's a great move but would save the healer power if I can give pot but while defending the team as well from damage(also hate the cast time of WoP)
  4. H2 Pwn Well-Known Player

Getting sick of the devs leaving gadgets in the dust.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Tested it with my current troller build and gear.

Troller stance all gear and mods: 1481 vit. (Did it twice.)

Event Horizon

309 C
    Total 1343

310 C
    309 C
    Total 1447

DPS stance no gear: 204 vit.

Total 600

Word of Power: 1481 vit.

Total 1240

WoP DPS: 204 vit.

Total 600

It appears to be based on your vit and crit chance. This is by far WAY better than Word of Power because of the shield aspect. I don't know why, but I'm not getting any power out crits on WoP. I did a few tests, same results. I could just be unlucky, but this is significantly better if it works off the crits and WoP doesn't. Can someone test WoP with crit magnitude/chance?

Also, interesting note word of Power gave 600 in DPS stance and so did Event Horizon. With WoP giving 1240 in troller stance and divide that by 6, it equals 206.67 which if you look at the result values, its around 206~207 no crit. So they basically made WoP a shield. Gadgets is now the underdog.
    • Like x 1
  6. Liam Solo New Player

The Battle Drone is ballanced compared to Event Horizon and Bastion becasue the Drone cost less Super Charge 35% as oppossed to 50%.
  7. Liam Solo New Player

I feel Event Horizon and Bastion are ballanced compared to Speed Drain, Word of Power and Battle Drone.

1. Speed Drain, Word of Power and Battle Drone do damage.
    2. Word of Power applies an electrified PI to those around you.
    3. Word of Power has a cast time that you can clip and are invulnerable (shielded) during the cast.
    4. Word of Power also heals a small amount of your health.
    5. Battle Drone is a 35% super charge all the others are 50%.
    All can be fun and effective when used correctly.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

1. SD does a significant amount of damage that makes it actually a better choice for PvP IMO if you aren't a controller class. WoP does one tick of up to 300 damage, though AOE, it is a very narrow range that a controller would have to be surrounded to fully benefit from it. Battle Drone's damage is static, just like his power out. It is based on CR and not your actual Might&Precision or Vitalization. You would be better off with the Turret for damage and PI setup in that case, as he is always out.
    2. Once again, a very narrow range and would be better suited if you were a DPS or had people that use the Electrified PI in your team. I've used it on the Drones in Prime with an Electric DPS and it worked great, but it's so situational you are mostly using WoP for the power back.
    3. This actually is probably the biggest advantage that WoP has. I've actually been saved from several one shots by this. For an OH SNAP momment, that actually helps a lot!
    4. This used to be negligable, but now it is significant, but because it is an SC not worth using it on yourself when you are using it for power to the team.
    5. I've tested Battle Drone, the 35% is good if you wish to continually hit it for another PoT to the team, but most of the time the main PoT is more than enough and you are wasting power out because everyone is topped off. If you run with Power Hungry Players, then maybe this would work, but personally, the health on the BD is small, he dies so easy. Especially in T4+ content. :/

The fact that the group shielding is a shield makes the Oh Snap momments even better. It can give the team a shield if the tank goes down and gives the healers power to keep people up while someone picks up the Tank. That makes this the best SC for controllers by far. It can control the direction of the field by keeping people up. Add on the extended SC, it can be done two times in a row and almost ready for a 3rd. Just like BD on a normal SC bar.
    • Like x 1
  9. Liam Solo New Player

I really like the new Event Horizon, Bastion, and Hard Light Shield supercharges. I will use them on Quantum, Mental, and Hard Light toons.
    I'll use speed drain on Gadgets if super speed, Word of Power if flight, and Battle Drone if the toon's VIT isn't very high and the content unlikely to kill the Drone. :D

Also Speed Drain and Word of power are great for any non Controller roles. I know many Tanks that carry WoP as a supercharge, for the shield and power to the group.

I just hope the devs don't "nerf" the new Shield supers by making them 100% supercharges. ;)
  10. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

It's awesome... Did the new ops and my leaguemate used this.... I loved it!!
  11. Aiden Warren New Player

It's not pot, It protect group from damage and grants them power, like 25% of the damage it takes.
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Read some update notes every once in a while, it was changed so that it gives p.o.t. now instead of granting power every time you're attacked while shielded.
  13. thoughtpatern New Player

yeah dude this is the same as group shileding for hl and the group shield for quantum. very very useful power. much more utility than wop or sd.

feel bad for gadgets on this front.

i used the heck out of bastion when i do the t5 alerts, and it really performs well with the new mechanics of it
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I would hardly call it leaving gadgets in the dust. Gadgets was already in the lead. Everyon has caught up.
    Does group shield on HL work the same too?
    • Like x 1
  15. CouRAGE New Player

Battle drone doesn't scale with vit... if it did then I would agree that it's balanced, but it doesn't even scale with CR either.
  16. H2 Pwn Well-Known Player

In terms of Trolling. Tell me how gadgets was in the lead. The only thing we have that the othees powers dont is one pet. Gadgets doesn't even have a group shield. Gadgets doesn't look great visually like all the other power sets do. Gadgets doesn't have massive aoe CC Powers like Mental Hl And Quantum.
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Every powerset does not have to be good at everything. Sure the drone could give more power but it's clear that Gadgets Favors being a dps. As long content is passable with a Gadget controller then things are great.
  18. H2 Pwn Well-Known Player

I'm positive if our roles were reversed and it was Quantum that got the short end of the stick. You would NOT be saying "as long as content is passable then things are great " And you said gadgets favors a dps? This makes no sense. So because you've seen a couple good gadget dps. You judge the power as the cause of their skill? I've seen great dps of all powers. And even IF gadgets DID favor dps. Thats an excuse for the trolling to be garbage? Please.