So they are nerfing Mental Trolls AGAIN?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cerbius, May 7, 2013.

1. Senshirou Committed Player

They took out sorcery's dog transformation too and that's only for pvp. They aren't picking on mental; phantom flames was an AoE debuff which Spord says no debuff should be AoE so it was fixed.
    • Like x 1
  2. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Ah well.

It was nice while it lasted.

Saves me a couple of power points, to tell you the truth. I wonder where I should put them ...
  3. Cerbius New Player

I truly don't understand this either. Taking away ghosting was severe enough. I understand that they were unable to properly fix the repeated ghosting effect so instead they removed it entirely (which is still a shame I might add) but hey, I don't expect or want them to blatantly ignore an exploit in the game. However the taking away the multiple debuff baffles me. The fact that it is now being called "a bug" is ludicrous. I'm not saying it is or it isn't...but a bug that has escaped the developers after 2 years and a power revamp? Really?
    • Like x 1
  4. Cerbius New Player

But once again..."fixed" really? This was a bug that lasted over 2 years and went totally under the radar during Mental's power revamp? Come on now...
    • Like x 1
  5. Senshirou Committed Player

Take it up with the man up top.
    • Like x 1
  6. Shadow Vlad New Player

That's sad, It has been aoe since launch and a DEV doesn't even know it. Wow.
  7. Senshirou Committed Player

The devs are human. Things slip their mind as much as it does the next person. And its not like it was blasted on the forums that how come GG or WT wasn't a multiple debuff but PF was. Many people probably didn't even know about it but the few who have played mental (I knew about it). Sure, no mental player wants this to happen but its happening nonetheless.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sylar-Man New Player

Except that they did a whole revamp on the power which means they should have tested out each move in the powers trees for mental. They should know all the ins and outs of the moves so for this to comes almost a year later is kind of weird. This should have been done in GU17 or the few hotfixes after GU17 where they made additional changes.
    • Like x 2
  9. Shadow Vlad New Player

If you look at controller power threads I bet every single one says "mental has group debuff". Not to mention Mental had a revamp where every power was looked at and I'd like to assume was tested. Diversity should be a good thing. It's not like any other finishing move is like photon and hits at least twice as many times as the others. Invisibility has been broken since revamp with many threads about it.
  10. Senshirou Committed Player

I hear you. Its a slip up on their part but **** happens.
    • Like x 1
  11. ToneMD New Player

Lol yeah. But they made sure to get that Mass Terror nerf in with the swiftness.

Yeah, I'm still salty.
    • Like x 3
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  13. TheRealDeathern New Player

Nerfing is far more player driven than dev driven. Look at all the complaints the DEVS hear regarding nerf this, nerf that...
  14. Shadow Vlad New Player

I don't think I've ever seen one player complain about phantom flames debuff capability. As far as I could tell reading the forums since beginning it was viewed as a benefit to mental, where all 3 controller classes has pros and cons. Now mental has the same debuff with twice the cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  15. Captain Just New Player

Just goes to show how poorly they test things on their own.. First Telekinesis was an "unintended" defense debuff for a year.. now Phantom Flames' multiple target defense debuff was decided to be "unintended" after 2 and a half years...
    • Like x 4
  16. Palus New Player

Id say the revamp of mental has sadly relapsed back to what it was, its easier to nerf a power than actually fix the power set. Im done with mental once the DLC comes out tomorrow im using my loyalty points to switch to quantum. The way i see it no need in staying with a power thats only going to continue to get nerfed more and more.
  17. MARK2099 New Player

When devs work in the revamp i doubt they never notice, hell even in forums was talk open all the time how mental was unique due aoe debuff, is nothing like was use in secret for over 2 years, when the controller powersets were compare over and over the pros about mental was always aoe debuff and horrific visage lag transformation because compare to gadget never were equal when it comes to burst damage and clipable capabilities neither to HL to chain combos.

HV new version is just trash in pvp, we don't have aoe debuff, if devs want to incentive players to try quantum make good the powerset, no need to nerf the others and force players to re-spec.
    • Like x 3