The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockhound665, May 5, 2013.

1. Kung-Fu_Karl New Player

great show and some of the cast were also in roseanne and amy was blossom
  2. Tule New Player

Besides David Healy?
  3. Kung-Fu_Karl New Player

sheldon's mum was roseanne's sister and leslie winkle was darlene
  4. Tule New Player

Darlene slipped my mind, but I didn't know about Jackie. I haven't seen enough episodes to see Sheldon's mom.
  5. SuperBell Loyal Player

...sucks. There I finished the sentence.

I don't get the appeal. I love science and geek culture as much as anybody else, but this show makes me roll my eyes. It seems like thejokes are only meant to set up science punchlines or geek references.

And Sheldon is irredeemable as a character. It seems like people feel he's just a quirky guy with "Asperger's", but you got to love him. No, he's an annoying *****. I saw an episode were he was learning how to drive, and his insistence that everybody drive him, and his complaints, and excuses of why he can't learn or use public transportation. Ugh, no way, no sympathy from me.
    • Like x 1
  6. melvinpox Devoted Player

While I don't agree with everything you say here...thank you for the honesty.
  7. Valor New Player

8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Leonard was Darlene's boyfriend.
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

You forgot the knocks. Anyhoo, Amy's bisexual pining for Penny is hilarious. Watched the slumber party episode last night when she went into Penny's room apparently to "experiment" in lesbianism with Penny.
  10. Battle Man Committed Player

I'm kinda with SuperBell.

I won't say it sucks, but man it sure ain't for me.
    But pretty much any show with a laugh track gets auto-dismissed these days.

My wife loves it, so I do watch it from time to time, I just don't see what the big deal is.
    It's really just another silly sitcom on TV trying to tell me what's funny and when it's funny.

As for Sheldon, I'm with SuperBell all the way there.
    I would push him into traffic and laugh as I watched him taste his own blood under a speeding gas truck.
    **** that guy, he sucks.
  11. Kroye Loyal Player

One of the best shows on network TV right now, in my humble opinion.
  12. Malchemical Level 30

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. Jew63088 New Player

I have to explain the jokes to my non nerd friends
  14. Mint Stiletto Loyal Player

I think it's funny that when they go to the comic book store EVERYTHING is DC, the books, toys, posters, everything, I guess it being made by WB explains that.
    This show is great to answer the op,the first 2 seasons are crazy funny.