Don't get over 1000 DOM...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DoctorP2, May 2, 2013.

1. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

...you'll be sorry if you do. A friend of mine, one of the best Fire Tanks in the game (IMHO), started getting killed over and over in the Stryker's Turf solo yesterday. Captain Cold was 3-shotting him, and there was nothing he could do. He's cr89, 127 sp, fully modded t4, well over 1000 DOM and huge health. After submitting a ticket, SOE basically said they were doing this in preparation for the t5 armor in the next DLC so people wouldn't be able to bulldoze through lower level missions.

Really? I mean...really? Anyone else feeling this pain?
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Dom has nothing to do with aggro.
    • Like x 5
  3. Statman New Player

Cannot say this has been my experience with 1000+ Dom... though differing from your friend, I'm an Ice Tank.
  4. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Not sure what dom has to do with being killed quickly....
    • Like x 9
  5. 478874 Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  6. General Zod 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. Captain Just New Player

I am a fire tank and have not experienced any of this...just fought Captain Cold in Strykers last night and never had to pop a soda or a supercharge the entire fight. Went smoothly as usual...

Tell your friend not to stand on the floor aoe's. They hit hard. Or he could just pick the correct shield.
    • Like x 5
  8. Laff Riot New Player

What? I have over 1000 dom on my tank and controller. And Neither of them are getting killed in 3 shots.
    • Like x 7
  9. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Did he pick the right shield?
    • Like x 1
  10. TrueMarvel New Player

He didn't have the right shield. Choose:
    the fire shield when fighting captain cold.
    The ice shield when fighting heatwave
    Health shield when fighting parasite.
    The last shield for the guy i didn't mention

He is obviously not one of the best tanks in the game if he did not know this
    • Like x 3
  11. Ironman New Player

He must have choosen the wrong shield.. otherwise i dont see how can a full T4 modded tank get 3 shotted by CC. I accidently wore my T2 PVP gear and still managed to defeat him last night..
    • Like x 2
  12. RapidRay Committed Player

Translation....
    Don't spend all of your SP on Dom at the expense of Health and Defense.
    • Like x 6
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I think someone needs to learn to block... >.>

To be honest, the prisoners that are before you enter the shielded area are harder to deal with because they don't load before they can attack you.
    • Like x 5
  14. BumblingB I got better.

It is completable even when you get the wrong shield, you just take a lot more damage fast. Back when I didn't know about the sound issue, I always got the wrong shield, so I learned to grab the health barrel and take it to the middle where there is no effects on the ground. This trick works well with the correct shield too.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dogzday Dedicated Player

That's very counter intuitive. From what I've heard, Dominance is the most essential stat for a Fire Tank as it provides a couple benefits. Now from the time I was told that from many players (about a few months ago) to now, the game may have changed the mechanisms involved with said stat.

To my understanding, Dominance increases a Fire Tank's Health as well, a Fire Tank's restorative abilities, increases damage absorption through shields, and allows one to successfully crowd control.

Through this understanding, it seems evident the "best Fire Tank" in your honest opinion may have been using the incorrect shields.

Personally, I would like to add that I have beaten a boss in Stryker's without using the appropriate shield as a DPS, which many players have.
    • Like x 3
  16. Seni New Player

Really? Thanks for the heads up! Got any more advice?
    • Like x 2
  17. TrueMarvel New Player

Wait a sec!? I can't believe I just saw this. You guys submitted a ticket?![IMG]
    • Like x 7
  18. Borsca New Player

I got the same as a healer. just got over a 1000 resto and now i get one-shotted aswell in the t1 challenges.
  19. Hakune New Player

Thats because you arent good at healing Borsca
  20. General Zod 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3