HOLY !! Pacific Rim

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by ZeroAccess, Apr 30, 2013.

1. ZeroAccess New Player

I had no idea this was out or what it was and just got on YouTube and I'm like ...
    well yea I'm excited
  2. risen New Player

Evangelion rip off
  3. BlueVariable Committed Player

This is being made by none other than Guillermo Del Toro. One of my favorites. It's surprising too because Del Toro usually focuses on the supernatural. Apparently he's been wanting to make this for a long time. It's more of a "tribute" than what would be considered a "rip off" especially since its taking elements from so many different pieces of media.

Think Evangelion and Big O meets Godzilla meets Independance Day meets The Colossus. I've been super psyched for this movie to get released.
  4. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

Wow! Looks cool! I may actually pay to see this in the theater.
  5. Meta Flare New Player

me too, ive been waiting for this since i saw the trailer a while ago. i love that it mixes those kinds of movie into 1 big **** movie.

now they need to hurry up and make independence day 2 (which is really happening im pretty sure) and a new godzilla movie that doesnt involve matthew broderick. (no offense to you broderick fans, just dont want him in my godzilla)
    • Like x 1
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I was sold on the whole "giant robots fighting giant monsters" concept a while back.

The trailers have only solidified that interest. :D It's on my summer list already.
  7. Francesca Lima New Player

That's what I remember Go Big from. Big O.
  8. VO1D Sentry New Player

This reminds me of Gundam Wing fighting against Cloverfield monsters
    • Like x 1
  9. Meta Flare New Player

dude i love cloverfield.
  10. The Kitsune New Player

this movie looks awesome.