Arranged Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Captain Liberty, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beastie Morph New Player

I sure hope we get Arranged match making this coming GU26.
  2. Destroyer New Player

This will be fun!
    But I do have one question, will this be for legends too? Because the real reason I'd be using it is so I can get comfortable with my Legends characters, now that you have to win it's nice to be a little more competitive. At the same time you also have to be adept with their abilities and powers.
  3. Wuss New Player

yah cool... but not really... give us ranked matches score tracking and a reason to play competativley rather than log on to do dailies then go back to playing another mmo where we are actually competing and gear isnt deleted so a company can make money off morons who pay 20 dollar on replays just to get the gear deleted again down the road.....
    • Like x 1
  4. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

This may have been answered here, but will the current Map Rotation schedule affect what maps we can have Arranged Matches in or will we be able to Arrange Matches in any of the current maps in the game?
  5. Ace1 Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure it was said we could chose any of the old maps but let me try to find the link.
  6. Ace1 Dedicated Player

Nvm :( couldn't find it.
  7. ExiledGod New Player

So ... Game update 25 came around and i dont see such a feature . So ? when are they planning to do this ?
  8. Pew New Player

Extended wishlist:
    • Queue any map outside of rotation
    • Mechanic options (e.g.: disable/enable immunities)
    • Allow for betting marks (if 2 teams queue make a setting so everyone chips in 100 valor, triumph or etc and the winner gets it all divided to his members.)
  9. 478874 Dedicated Player

Sounds like this was a pretty Herculean task but they are working on it and have devoted significant resources towards. I don't know when it will be done but they wouldn't have started a thread about it if they werent serious about trying to get it done in a timely manner.
  10. Owl Devoted Player

Taken from:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?posts/1717484/
    • Like x 1
  11. ZenAku New Player

this wont work the amount of players is thinned already. if you really want this to work we need the game to ask the players if they wish to que into 8v8 when they que for 2v2 batcave
  12. retched Well-Known Player

Now, I'll admit I was the first to jump on the "bash the new PVP" bandwagon sometime ago when they said no more rewards on losing. After playing a few matches and going up to T1 PVP Gear in like, what 8 matches, I'll eat some of my words. (I will still just stand outside of the batcave when the match is beyond like the 500 mark. And not quit.) But what I'm trying to figure out... How the hell is this post from SOE, a negative?

Assuming that this extends to all aspects of PVP, Legends and Arenas, what is the negative? So you are tired of getting beat in "ranked" play, you meet someone with a like and similar mindset who wants to learn PVP. You figured, let's go into Casual PVP and just fight ourselves and learn the system. Great thing for new players who want to play Legends but don't know how the hell their desired Legend works. Simple, go into Casual PVP and take some time practicing the moves. How is all this a negative?

One cool thing that would be greatly appreciated is the possibility of a Legends training simulator before this comes out. Technically we have the dummy in the Watchtower/Hall of Doom, why not create a special "Batcave" portal that lets you into the map with the Legend of your choice and a bunch of drones. Technically we get one with Bizarro and Huntress' solo challenge in T5... but could more possibly be added or a side mode?
  13. Joker New Player

People are saying this fixes syncing...WHAT!? all this does is allow you to have personal matches for no rewards other than bragging rights you could still que up against somebody in the chance for a petty win in a lair 1v1 there is absolutely nothing in this post stating otherwise
  14. ARI ATARI New Player

synching never had an award. it does fix synching.
    it alows us to fight whoever we want with whatever rules we want... hence synching fixed. what are you not understanding?
  15. CouRAGE New Player

No feats?
    [IMG]
    I understand why, but with 3-4 hours of DAILY PVE content coming in this DLC, when I PVP it needs to be for some kind of progression not just dick measuring...
    • Like x 3
  16. Joker New Player

I am referring to people syncing against one another to gather the PvP awards without working for them AKA an instant
    win in the shortest amount of time through the means of a 1v1 match what are you not understanding? This arranged matchmaking would be a completely different beast in general allowing people to organize fights with no rewards opposed to syncing at the same time in normal matchmaking to get the rewards easily.
  17. Loadingscreens Committed Player

arranged matchmaking is about challenging other leagues, friends or faction.

its not about rewards or feats. if thats what your after (boosting) this isnt for you.

This will be about challenging the best PVP leagues out there with ease, instead of the hell we have endured in the past.

cant wait.
  18. ARI ATARI New Player

thats what we want, we dont need to cheat rewards. cheating was never what synching was intended for.
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think what he is trying to say is that there are people who sync in order to cheat and arranged match making doesn't fix that. However, that negative to syncing seems like it would be unfixable. The only way to stop cheating would be to ban those who sync post launch of arranged matchmaking.
  20. ARI ATARI New Player

i dont see many people doing this though. whenever we synched it took an hour and the fight went the full distance (15 minutes) every single time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.