I've never felt so apart of the DCU

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Has2besaid, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Has2besaid Committed Player

as when I played Injustice. Ya know why? Its because (1) I am constantly interacting with the Justice League or the LOD (2) they are always saying things that are in character, and (3) the story is the compelling type of story I'd expect to read in a D.C. comic. These are the three areas that I feel DCUO still struggles with after two years. After to years I still don't get the feeling that I'm part of the Justice League. Instead, I feel like I'm part of som other group of "C" listers who are teaming up with them. Perhaps if I was teaming up with more than one member at a time and actually FIGHTING ALONGSIDE THEM, this would be different. I know its possible because you advertised it in that Doomsday trailer the game had prior to release. I beleive the big three and Green Arrow were on the scene beside the player caracters. So why not do it? I understand that when the iconic NPC's glitch it cn be a pain, but by not letting them do anything vital to progression we could get around it. In Injusice's story mode you never know what an iconic is going to say. This is because they have three or four recorded piece of dialogue for every scenario they are in or adversary they face. In DCUO its almost the same line each time regardless of the sitution. (except the safe house duo, nice work with that. Killer Frost especially) The homages to the JLA's best known incarnations is a nice touch also. The JLA looks like the one from the cartoon. Cyborg says "Booya!!!" like in Teen Titans. Green Arrow is as funny as heck just like he is in the old JLA comics. Joker, says "I'll have to tell Bats there has been a death in the family", after beating up Nightwing. You gotta love it.

After two years I know its probably too late to change and we're just tredding water now. However, if there is a DCUO 2, or a major overhall in the future, for heaven sake, improve everything we have here now and take a page from Injustice's book. I'm not even a big fan of fighting games but when I play this game, there is no doubt that I'm in the DCU. Not with the story, dialogue, and immersion that theyve got going. So in closing, since DCUO has the solos, duos, alerts, and raids, the ability to create your own characters, and the ability to fight alongside others, just make the place sick with justice leaguers, Doomers, dialogue and immersion. At first I didn't think anything would mak me feel as though I was in the DCU more than DCUO. Boy was I wrong. Here's hoping one day I won't be.
  2. risen New Player

Well we are going to get solos where we step into the shoes of a legend.

But dc flows more along the lines of fighting fights the JLA cant sometimes and rely on us to do it.
  3. LL New Player

I will just add I had a thread in here just yesterday saying how injustice sucks, and would rather play dcuo legends than injustice. I guess we all have different tastes. :)
  4. Deathmark New Player

YOu said so apart....

Ideally i wouldn't even be part of the justice league. I don't buy it, there's technically like thousands of new justice league members, theres all these people the justice league don't know that well and they're all superpowered and suddenly they're all given access to the WT and JL stuff? Sounds like potential trouble. I don't buy that the JL would let all these newcomers in.
  5. Bioinc Skull Committed Player

I'd love if they had some DC iconics fight with us at the big bosses of raids. Like I understand why in the DLC this won't happen but I feel as though when Trigon Rises we should have the Titans fighting with us (heroes) or have Brother Blood, Deathstroke and Circe fighting with us (villains) just at some points and have them leave sayings hat we "clearly don't need our help" or something to go fight on anther front.