DLC 7: Quantum Powers

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Hello everyone, it is Spord again. I made this thread for everyone to tell us about their experiences with the new Quantum powers. Let us know any issues or bugs and we will look into getting a fix as soon as possible. If you just really like them and feel the need to tell us, well that is OK too.
  2. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

It looks AMAZING.

Currently noticing - teleport can be awkward with serious lag.
    • Like x 3
  3. Voidstrike Level 30

Aesthetically it's great, as far as functionality
    The defense debuff on time bomb seems too slow for a single target defense debuff. If it was either sped up or changed to an AoE defense debuff it would be more desirable than it already is.

Also why did you place a damage debuff on a cast time power with 60% modifier. It does not seem practical.
    • Like x 7
  4. ElectricB0lt Level 30

So i just tested out some of the
    Pot Powers (power over time )
    ok well the following goes as this

---AS A CONTROLLER--

Gravitonic Field-
    was used as a power over time to group--(Hardly works the animation works when it wants/ The power to group from this is very poor reguardless of t1 or t5 Gear (tested on both as well as maxed out enates mods..etc../ it only seems to keep your power up (not groups)

Tachyon Blast-
    used as a second power over time to group--(Hardly Works the animation yet again works when it wants/ The power to group seems to only work after the pot fully expires (no burst power) with either of these 2 power over time items

Time Bomb-
    Extremely Slow as a Debuff by the time i casted the power the boss had jumped across the map (needs boosted in speed abit i think)

When the animations work it looks cool and sounds great as well as when the powers actually give power to group and not only yourself its a good thing maybe this will be looked at im hope because i want to switch to these to give them a try but as far as i see now not a good idea(even though its 1st day on test) also lacks a Decent Power restore SuperCharge most have word of power and other stuff ive yet to see maybe i missed it once i see ill reply

PS.ALSO Played on a laptop same effects as when i tried on desktop.
    • Like x 1
  5. MeleeHappy Well-Known Player

you forgot to add if you have a full understanding on playing the controller role and/or prior experience to playing the controller role. power over time should not discriminate by power class.

As a side note, 1358 base vit for example should give ticks of 165 per 5 seconds (plus initial tick). you may not see huge improvements when increasing your vit. you need 14.5 vit to increase your tick 1 point. also, if you have players that are out of line of sight, power over time ticks won't show up to theirs.
  6. Rejoicer1 Well-Known Player

Love the look, but I did notice that in the case of the gravity powers, for some reason meteor (HB) slowed down to a crawl with a noticeable"stutter" while the background gravity sound played. It seems like the gravity sound track is affecting the speed of some of the weapon moves. Also I would suggest making it a "quicker, brighter sound" especially if you are going to be constantly hearing it as you use your weapons. Or come up with a couple versions of the sound track.

Still got more testing to do. This is just first opinion.
    • Like x 1
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

Maybe it's the lag but Einstein's Ray seems to not do damage if you try to move to fast into a melee combo.
  8. Anierna Well-Known Player

Overall, I'm disappointed with Quantum.

No Jump-Clippable Powers

I was hoping for a power like Fear Gas or Fan or Spark Barrage or Attract to allow this powerset to fully utilize the increased power-out from t5 trollers. It didn't happen. Instead, it plays like Mental - medium-length animation times, medium-length cooldowns, can only be competitive with decent HL, Gadgets, Elec DPS via consumable clipping. The CD's for the staple AoE powers (Warp Barrage, Distortion Wave, Singularity) aren't nearly as bad as Mental's (Psychic Shock, Phantom Flames), but they aren't quite as good as those of Gadgets, Elec, and HL (Gauss Grenade, Fear Gas, Spark Barrage, Ram => Whip)

Warp Barrage < Spark Barrage

The CD for Spark Barrage can be started a few fractions of a second earlier by jump-clipping it, and because of this, Spark's CD perfectly lines up with Spin Chop clipping. You can't jump-clip Warp Barrage, and it's CD is slightly too long to accommodate Spin Chop clipping.

Furthermore, the damage done by Warp Barrage has a FULL 1 sec delay! This makes the power nearly useless, when it could have been (and IMO, should have been) the staple AoE clipping power. By the time the delayed damage from Warp Barrage registers, all the adds in t2 and t3 content will have already been killed by Gadgets, Elec, and HL DPS. I'm guessing that in full t5 gear, the same will occur in t4 content.

Singularity > E-Bomb

They're nearly identicle - same AoE application, same animation time, same mini-AoE DoTs. The difference is that the initial tick from Singularity is AoE, while that of E-Bomb is single-target. Their longer CD's make both inferior to Gauss Grenade.

Distortion Wave < Mass Terror

Mass Terror applies the PI as 360-degree AoE, plus applies a DoT. Distortion Wave applies the PI in the same way, but only does a single tick of damage, similar to Tectonic Break.

Lack of AoE Graviton-Charged Application

Warped Reality applies the PI as AoE, but only in a localized area, and not instantly. Alcubierre Wave is the only method of applying it as larger AoE, but the animation is too long for the single-tick of damage it does, and it hasn't got the 360-degree & longer-range of Mass Terror or Tectonic Break.
    • Like x 6
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

Conceptual Rotations

I wanted to pick my favorite status-applying abilities and then just run through the PI bonus attacks as clippers for a weapon combo. I tried to focus on the ones with more AoE or Cone damage. I haven't found anything jump-clippable. These conceptually play like Mental had two Illusion trees. A lot of the damage comes on a delay but that doesn't affect clipping. I didn't look at movement or iconic abilities that might fit in. I think they're decent foundation for learning the powerset and using as a basis for exploring alternatives.

TIME
    Spin Chop > Alcubierre Wave (Status) > Spin Chop > Gravity Well(PI) > Warped Reality(PROC) > Spin Chop > Singularity(PI) > Spin Chop > Inspiral Waves (PI)
    Energy Expulsion for Finisher

SPACE
    SpinChop -> Anomoly (status) -> SpinChop -> WarpBarrage (PI) -> SpinChop -> TimeShift (PI)
    SpinChop -> Distortion Wave(status) -> SpinChop -> WarpBarrage(PI) -> SpinChop -> TimeShift(PI)
    TachyonBlast for Fireburst
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

I found Quantum to so far be very difficult to manage a power-economical rotation for challenges. But hey, it's day one on a test server.
  11. Twisted Titan Committed Player

The power is fun to use. Typical controller build for me. The server is lagging a bit and I will provide more feed back.
  12. Anierna Well-Known Player

Current Quantum AoE DPS loadout is:
    Warp Barrage, Warped Reality, Distortion Wave, WD, Singularity, Gravity Well.

It plays similar to Mental AoE DPS:
    Psychic Shock, Menace, Phantom Flames, WD, Mass Terror, SC/Finisher

The main difference is that the CD's for Warp Barrage, Distortion Wave, and Singularity (all AoE) are significantly better than the CD's for Psychic Shock and Phantom Flames (also AoE), yet still inferior to Gauss Grenade, Fear Gas, Spark Barrage, and Ram.

The other difference is that Quantum can replace an SC/finisher with an AoE DoT (Gravity Well). The problem is applying the Graviton-Charged PI, since the only power that can do that is Warped Reality, which "allegedly" is AoE, but I haven't tested it yet, and I've got serious doubts about it. If it turns out to be insufficient in applying the PI, I'll have to use consumables (if they exist - I haven't checked) or Alcubierre Wave to apply it. Loadout would then be:

Warp Barrage, Warped Reality, Distortion Wave, WD, Alcubierre Wave, Gravity Well.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sore Steadfast Player

Alcubierre Wave applies PI and hits multiple targets. Warped Reality is like Menace but instead of using the PI, it applies it. That's a bummer because you will most likely not want to wait for your weapon to apply PI. You more likely are going to have PI applied in AoE fashion as your first cast and use Warped Reality to clip any power early in your rotation that has a longer animation. I chose Gravity Well.
  14. Sore Steadfast Player

Tachyon Blast (Fireburst) seems an odd choice for a damage debuff. Obviously a really long cast time that is vulnerable to interrupt (well suited for mobs) isn't my first thought when a boss pops a chevron or I'm going toe-to-toe with a DPS in PvP. It kinda says, "We had to put it somewhere." If you did want to damage debuff anything, you will want to go for the other tree.
    • Like x 2
  15. Sore Steadfast Player

It does look like a really fun controller class. POT and Instant are standard. Debuffs are there too. Shields (personal and great group supercharge). Teleport = grandeur + fun. +10 vit specialization better than +35 power. Then layer on some crowd control that you're going to want to take advantage of. Not because the group needs you to but because you'll want to. The fun factor. Some very unique stuff. If has a pull AND a push/throw!

In the end, the concept of being slowed probably needs more analysis. It might have a hidden/over looked benefit.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

I'll leave the controller powers to the good number crunchers and conceptualist. The only thing that is significantly noticeable is the size of the shield/group shield. It is enormous. It should be smaller and the density of effects should be made more transparent. It makes it hard to see your player and I've been yelled at by my healer I was with that it took up his entire screen.
  17. renzhe New Player

Hm, everyone is looking at the Space tree for the Graviton-charged PI (for both Troller and DPS)?

Is it because of the 5% Crit attack damage, 10 Vit in the Space tree versus the 1% Crit attack chance, 35 power in the Time tree? For someone with 150+ SP, respeccing to Quantum and using the Space tree for DPS and Troller would seem to be the way to go, due to the bonuses.

Though I've only just solo tested the Time tree on the DPS end of things only (the trolling side, I'd need to find ppl for duos, alerts, raids etc to get a real feel of the troller capabilities), and as far as the Destabilization PI is concerned, personally to me, there is little problem doing a melee and range dps loadout.

Tachyon Blast is slow as heck, like Fireburst. I do not know if Fireburst is not interrupted (via the empowered channeling mod), since the description currently does not include Fireburst. Would be nice if Tachyon Blast is included for Empowered Channeling. Then again, from what I've seen thus far, Quantum probably doesn't need it. The Time tree looks like it sucks power, but can kill mobs quickly.

The Space tree should be better for single boss targets due to the <35% finisher.

Having had minimum experience with Gadgets and Mental, I will not attempt to compare Quantum to those 2 powers.
  18. shiny mackerel Committed Player

It has Time Shift, which has virtually no animation time. It's not quite like Attract in that it's supposed to be clippable by other powers, but the animation time is so low you can virtually clip it with any power or weapon attack.
    • Like x 1
  19. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

Just had 30 mins to look and read the power.

From my quick study, it looked and read like mental and electric molded into one power with cosmic powers
    • Like x 3
  20. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

Is it might based?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.