A SIMPLE fix to make everyone happy-To the devs

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by bedovean, Apr 19, 2013.

1. EzioNight New Player

Burning doesn't stun or panic you're pretty much on your own with fire lol!
  2. Rahiel New Player

EzioNight, you're parsing that statement incorrectly.

Light Claws applies Panic in the same way that Fireball applies Burning. This is not saying that Burning applies Panic, it's saying they are both power interactions, and neither is the same effect as a weapon interrupt.
  3. OMAAR New Player

If your talking about power WhipThrash the damage is pretty low. Like 240-ish with 19xx might low.
  4. bedovean New Player

aggreed. People see HL spam combos and think think they all do waaaay higher damage then they actually do. All of our moves do pretty pathetic dps honeslty, the only thing that can save us is the speed of which we do them. There is honestly no reason WHATSOEVER to say that we are imbalanced in the pvp aspect, because without a controller, especially in a 1v1-2v2 scenario, we are weaker then many other powersets.

As an example nature is probably on the bottom of the board for most raids currently, mostly because of their single target DoT damage, but in pvp they are pretty amazing, you just dont see them often.

Look at ice, they have dominated pvp since update.

Sorcery healers are by far the hardest healers to beat in pvp.

Lightning is AMAZING in pvp, they have such a high potential its silly!
    The same can be said for gadgets.

Yet people still cry for nerfing HL, I just do not understand.
  5. Mad9 New Player

no point even trying bro, all these people have their agenda with light and have nothing to offer except troll.
  6. bedovean New Player

Yea but this thread has been looked at by 3 moderators now so at least the info is being seen.
  7. Jax Prime New Player

I dont think anything will be done... Sadly.

The fact that they did not realize, changing one small thing has a really big effect on everything else for HLs, points to them not knowing the power they made at all.

HL was fine the way it was, ive said this many times, we are near the bottom if not at the bottom when it came to PvP - and that is before the update. Now, we essentially have to pray to PvP someone who doesnt Block as often or isnt really good at PvP to be able to actually use our powers.

The HC apparent "inteded fix" has me baffled everytime i think about it.
    - Its a second move in a combo (should not be countered following the 3 hit block)
    - If its treated as a lunge, why does it not interrupt?
    - If its treated as a CQC melee attack then why arent Ram etc BBs?

I very much doubt HL will ever go back to the way we were. The Devs listen to Scoreboard warriors more than actually test the powers. HL does terrible damage on its own (powers) as you have noted. I dont understand where the "OP" comes from.
  8. Dump Truck New Player

Karma for all claiming fire was OP. I love it.
    • Like x 2
  9. Zim New Player

LOL, +1000 dump

The funny thing is, that even with the new changes to HL it is still a great power to use for DPS.
  10. Jax Prime New Player

Peoples (HL) damage has been showing decrease after the GU.
    • Like x 1
  11. Zim New Player

It might be slightly decreased but even with this decrease, it is still one of the best DPS powers.
  12. Hard Night New Player

Does that mean Fire's lame revamp was a result of Ice hate karma?

Notice how quiet Ice players are right now ehh?
  13. Destroyer New Player

LOLOLOLOLOL

I hope these people realize that HL combos ARE blockable. I get blocked and fall on my a$$ all the time.
    • Like x 1
  14. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

And soon HL will be silent soon as you will deal with the change and keep playing the game or continued to get nerfed yourself..shhhhhh....
  15. Jax Prime New Player

Not many people have complained about the damage. Its the fact that PvP is essentially impossible for a HL player. Unless you get paired with someone new or a PvE PvPier, then you will fall on the floor very often because everything we do is basically countered.

The devs were not fair at all when they came to these "intended" fixes. They gave us nothing to work with in PvP. They dont even follow the mechanics they are apparently trying to fit us in.
  16. Orphan Fromdabloc New Player

They don't, hence the nerfs.

I hear there is a button on the controller that allows you to block. Can anyone confirm this?
  17. bedovean New Player

I agree, PvP is very hard for us now, i used to have no problem beating fire tanks, but now they smash me if they have any skill at all.

It used to be that with HL, whoever had more skill won.....sadly this is not true anymore. The only thing that remotely saves me is my high SP, but i still dont have enough to grab all the dps AND health ones, so glass cannon is the best option. All i can hope for is get 1 good knockdown and then I spam as many abilities as fast as i can while they are on the ground.
  18. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

And that is your opinion, not really a fact as some PvP with Hardlight are fine with the changes. Maybe it's a matter that some can with HL and other can't that's the problem because they can't adapt. I don't think it's fair that they nerf powers, henchmen, or sidekicks on the PvE because PvP side keeps complaining and crying foul, but guess what...I LEARNED TO ADAPT! SO SHOULD YOU!
  19. bedovean New Player

you must not play HL. You can only adapt so much. Each power can only combo with certain combos, and nerfing certain moves makes us unable to adapt. This is from a pvp standpoint not pve, we have ideas for pve but are limited beyond belief in pvp now.
  20. Dump Truck New Player

Fire tanks are supposed to smash you. That's how the RPS system works when working properly.
    Controller power sets should be completely and utterly destroyed by tanks... just as:
    Healers should pummel tank power sets &
    Controllers should melt healer power sets.
    • Like x 1