A SIMPLE fix to make everyone happy-To the devs

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by bedovean, Apr 19, 2013.

1. Naija born Well-Known Player

am pretty sure if you combo into the claw lunge it will interrupt any bb.
  2. Hard Night New Player

No, I was going to respond to Dogzday.

And without going into detail, I'll leave it at that.
  3. bedovean New Player

NOT TRUTH
  4. +one New Player

As humans we are not the same. As citizens of Earth we are not all the same because that would be silly. Lol don't know where I was going with that...everything & everyone can't be the same, and that's what makes everyone unique & every power in this game unique. Any & every power can be beaten just have to re-adjust your game plan. And before people get their panties all in a tangled bunch, I'm not calling anyone out or saying anyone is right or wrong. Woosa my gaming friends & neighbors, don't stress on the small stuff :)
  5. Naija born Well-Known Player

really?? why dont you try it out.... and btw its true
  6. Hard Night New Player

Yep, construct claw will interupt.
  7. details26 Committed Player

Please don't **** up HL. I like the way it works now! Just get rid of that greyed out powers bs.
  8. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Wait, so it does interrupt? So all this complaining is moot?
    • Like x 2
  9. Hard Night New Player

Hold Claw doesnt.
  10. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Ahh only if you go through with the Claws? Like 3 of them.
  11. Hard Night New Player

I can't tell you for a fact if it happens after you use power claw, but when I combo claw from fan, I would occasionally interrupt a BB with one of the 2 claw swipes you have to do before you can hold claw.

Not sure if the lunging claw is capable of interrupting, but I'm sure somebody here has tested this stuff.
  12. bedovean New Player

Like i said NOT TRUTH. IT does not interrupt channeled powers as a lunge does. It has a chance to "panic enemies". It does not cause interrupt aka "red fist" and only power claw causes this interaction not comboing into claw. Only the might claw.

This is much like "panic enemies" stops channeling.
  13. bedovean New Player

Typed that on my phone last nite. Just to make sure I was correct i did test it. It will say "interrupt" if u use powerclaw on someone doing a channeling move. It will not Put them to the ground like a lunge does. It just does the panic animation. This only works if they have equal or less dom then you. if you lunge at someone rolling it does not put them to the ground. someone rangeing it does not put them to the ground.

Again state I do not want HL to change, this thread is designed to show people that HL has many flaws and many disadvantages in pvp since we primarely do not use a weapon. In pvp we are not invincible, nor anywhere close to being op, so why nerf or change the way our power works for the people who cant or dont put forth the time to figure out how to play vs HL.

If after reviewing this thread you believe HL should not change, please comment and say so. If you think it should change, feel free to comment and why.

PVP is not PVE. HL does crap for damage without trollers feeding us power and spamming quickly which you cannot do in PVP very well at all. Everytime someone cries for nerf because of pvp it screws with aspects of pve. Some things are obviously needed to change for pvp reasons such as trinkets "even though i see no problem with them" but changing the way a powerset works to adhere to peoples crying is not the way to do it.

People will always find something to cry about, it should not be even dignified with a response unless the majority of more experienced players deem it a problem, which trust me, we will.
  14. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

I haven't played HL that much to be honest, but the only thing I'd like to see changed as a player looking from the outside is for them to get a ranged debuff when they are controlling and a bit more versatility to the power. With all the combos that you can do with HL, I find it really sad that it's been reduced to the same combo of Ram, Snap Trap, Fan spamming for dpsing. It's a beast combo and does a lot of damage. I just think it's sad that that is basically the only resort players have to go to for this power.
    • Like x 1
  15. bedovean New Player

If you go look at our HL guide, you will see its really only the bad players that sit there and spam that. Any of the HL dps that are more experienced stick to melee. I do agree though about the debuffs. Just another thing we arent good at :p
  16. Rahiel New Player

HL DPS definitely has more than one good combo, for example Omaar's guide which recommends six different combos for various situations (with various others still being tested/debated, when last I bothered to keep up with the thread). RSF is neither the most damage, nor the most efficient, nor even the only stay-at-range combo.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/omaars-hl-dps-guide.69/#post-210

I mean I wouldn't mind certain powers being more useful for DPS (Light Blast and Minigun, to name two), but in terms of combo variety we're already in a decent spot. It's also a totally separate question from how construct combos should behave with regards to the weapon counter system.

I don't really mind that constructs are counterable, and in fact that seems probably for the best since long high-damage uncounterable combos might do weird things to PvP. But it's always been odd that eg. Whip Thrash can get block-countered but cannot interrupt. It's a "worst of both worlds" solution.
  17. bedovean New Player

I think above he was refferring to FFF which to people that do not know HL looks similar. And yes, whip thrash does get the worst of both worlds. People keep complaining and want all moves to be like that. Any realist will probably agree on how unfair that could be.
  18. Nodens Dedicated Player

"little to do with the thread"??? That 1 word is the ENTIRE basis on which you say the Devs should change things!
  19. Gunny New Player

Love the irony of this statement...

What gameplay is there to adjust if there isnt anything we can do about them to begin with? Cant lunge? Cant block? I want moves like that too LOL.
  20. bedovean New Player

You do, its called using your powers.