PvP topic - Why don't we all have the cool stuff?

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spytle Executive Creative Director

On the one hand, the free-to-play hand, it is not true. You will be able to complete the entire seasonal run without having to spend a replay badge. You can do the whole thing for free before the season ends if you play regularly and hit the lockouts. If you miss some time you'll complete closer to the end of the season.

On the other hand, the legendary or micro trans route, it is true. Yes, people who choose to buy or use granted replay badges will go faster. If they choose to use those badges for PvP and not something else.

What's the problem? Are you not happy with free access to every season of PvP gear? Are you simply not happy that someone who pays can front load that time? Either way I'm not sure there is some hidden scheme here. And we have designed this so you can complete the entire run for free. What more would you like us to do on that front? Pay you for your time?
    • Like x 7
  2. Spytle Executive Creative Director

To answer your question: In this case I was actually referring to something else. Please understand that player actions, behavior and enjoyment are extremely important to us. I can totally understand how you would think that is what I was referring to here based on how I wrote it, but I was really meaning something else. I was saying that player actions in the game, the choices of how they spend the time they have, will yield different gains for different people; I was referring to the fact that if you spend all your time PvP'ing you will be leaving some of the power available to you from PvE on the table.
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Now that you mention it, that'd be great; I could use a bit more income.

How about I promise to just turn around and spend what you pay me on Replay Badges? :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Spytle Executive Creative Director

I think I just lived this moment. :)

• Like x 12
  5. Foxe Well-Known Player

"Furthermore, this is a business, not a charity; it is also entertainment, not the Olympics. So the idea of equality for all players to keep the power gap between certain groups - regardless of financial hardship or life commitments that impact game play time - isn't something that drives my day to day thinking. Player choice of activity drives this more than anything. In most cases, statements like: "I don't want to," I don't have time to" or "I don't have money to" are not going to make us alter entire systems in the game or how our business model works. There would be no game if we did."

Love it. So true.
  6. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

Hahahaha!! Shiney!
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I wish I could rep you more for that clip. :D
  8. Horrorshow New Player

Someone suggested tying serums and other PVP consumables to soder cooldown. It is just an idea.

Any word about removing PVE gear from PVP arenas? :D Great job with the PVP changes.
  9. chaoticreign New Player

Please provide honest feedback. But do not mention cheats or the hacking the devs ignore or your post will get removed and infractions issued.

Mention hacking get slammed... Hack and get away with it. Got love the hyprocricy. Why not be honest and say I will state what I want and want you to state anything but actual issues we do not want to acknowledge and fix? Save everyone time.
  10. cCrow New Player

Plz Developers stop ignoring PS3 and read this^
    it will make the world a better place.
    • Like x 2
  11. Frozeagain New Player

First, thank you for the reply.

Your right, over time, I will be able to get all the seasons gear. But I competitively pvp, so I know that my league and other top tier leagues will buy replay badges to get the top gear ASAP so that we can challenge each other in lobbies.

My problem is, at one point I could get all the gear without replay badges, and now it is going to take longer to get the gear unless I use replay badges. So, in order to compete I HAVE TO buy replay badges or simply not compete at all. You've loot locked something that was never loot locked before and said play your way by by buying badges and catch up. When the next season gear comes out, I'll have to start over again. Another very clever way to sell replay badges.

Also, please don't hide behind the whole "you can earn all the gear for free." I know I can. But it's going to take a longer period of time unless I use badges.

Just come out and say you loot locked arena marks so you could sell replay badges. Don't use the Oh now you can catch up if you miss. If I miss a few weeks of play time and come back, without the loot locks I can earn a full set in a day or two. Yes I can do that now, but not with out badges.

I can admire the fact if you came out and said hey we loot locked arenas matches so we can sell replay badges. But to talk to us like we don't have a clue and say play your way, that I cant really respect.
  12. AriusKilim Active Player

I figured out what I want.

1v1 arena, king of the hill type match. You're constantly sent against people, if you beat all 8 people in a row you get bonus marks(or something).

Now imagine it, Darkseid standing over a red brick arena lined with torches, your wrists and neck are in rusted iron(looking) shackles. Darkseid laughs maniacally in the background, heavy drums in the background at get faster for every enemy you beat. If you win you punch through a wall, punch Kallabak in the face and steal his motherbox(the Motherbox would be the box you get your reward from too). If you lose, you get thrown into a pit where Mr. Miracle or Big Barda catch you before you reach the fires.

How the queue system would work would be 2 people would get the "Are you ready?" pop up, while those two fight another two people get the message to be prepared to queue in(In which they could go into a spectator mode and watch the fight and get details on who they have to beat).

There could be an Arena and a Legends version of this map!

Everyone else's suggestions and current projects are irrelevant. Make this happen!
  13. BumblingB I got better.

@Frozeagain
    The choices of being at the top faster is your choice. Stating that you are being competitive putting yourself up there faster is your problem, not the devs nor the rest of the community who choose not to do what you like to do. Same goes for me in PvE. I choose to replay content to get marks to get higher gear. I don't think the devs should change lockouts on PvE content. The only difference between PvE and PvP lockouts is that the marks you recieve from them is in different proportions. Which shows by how much you spend on replays. The only way to even out the two would be the time it takes to complete them were the same, but competitive pvp players prefer death matches w/o content to them. So there is no comparison to the two.

Like Spytle said, you have every right to play this game how you want. Whether you pvp only, pve only, or do a mesh of the two. When you choose to focus on one, you lose so much on the other. When you balance the two, you get the jack of all trades analogy. Which is where the enjoyment comes from. This game already has a lot of options to begin with and it is all inclusive being, but you have every right to ignore the whole and focus on the part.
    • Like x 2
  14. Conner New Player

This. Quit ducking Us SOE
    • Like x 1
  15. Bishop New Player

Surely the whole PS3 test server thing has been answered as much as the green aura thread.

The way the PSN scheduling and permissions to upload updates to PS3 games works would mean a whole lot of waiting around, especially with the amount of updates Test goes through.

Bishop
    • Like x 1
  16. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

Just to try to help the PS3 side of things on the availability of a Test server, I am to ask, wasn't there a Beta PS3 DCUO server?

If so, what happened to it, and why can't the PS3 people use this as their test server?
  17. thelostczarnian New Player

hi my name is dcuo...nice to meet you...you like to play me?...well soe wants money to keep me going...otherwise there will be no point to my existence...if there is no point to my existence soe will drop me...if soe drops me you wont be able to play me.
  18. Yallander Loyal Player

I think that balance and fairness come from giving everyone the same opportunities...update 25 does just that imo. No more excuses of snowman trinket, seasonal pets, gear imbalance, serum spamming, etc. Players will have to stand (or fall) based on their own ability.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dump Truck New Player

This is awesome!

Thank you Spytle for saying these things. I agree with this 100%. There are many things I will not achieve in game due to life commitments or a desire not to - like CC bounties for example where I have only done 9 - I don't complain about those though. I feel others not only complain, but expect those rewards for not playing the game.

I can only imagine the messages and threads on the skill point tree adjustments. Quite frankly, I don't care for those. I have spent my time earning those achievements when others did not. That was their choice. Common sense would dictate that at some point in time skill points would be addressed since players are close to reaching max innates.

However, I do feel at times this sentiment does not hold true. For example, lowering the PVP win feats from 250. I cannot tell you how many hours/days/weeks it took to achieve these feats before the server merges - or the amount of wife agro I have endured in game to earn them (Red skull - frying pan attack - block). I came from a PVE server (because at launch the pvp servers were full) where heroes to villian ratios were like 25-1. I understand why you are lowering the wins for this feat. I also understand that you can say players like myself have been rewarded by having 1.5 more skill points for these feats than others less inclined to do so. Forgive me if this comes off wrong but I feel like countless hours of my life I spent in game - sometimes in frustration - earning these achievements were now erased because the achievement was greatly lowered and I will never get that time back.

Adjustments like those I find frustrating because I feel the game IS being catered to those who want for free and put no time into it. It has nothing to do with the feat or having more skill points than others - it has to do with TIME and the time I've spent that I will not get back.
  20. OMAAR New Player

This again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.