A SIMPLE fix to make everyone happy-To the devs

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by bedovean, Apr 19, 2013.

1. bedovean New Player

There are of course very mixed reviews over what is happening with HL. I have been HL since it was released and from that standpoint i can tell you this. WE would prefer nothing to change, however since a large amount of people do want changes to HL due to pvp reasons, here is a FAIR alternative to the current outlooks.

People say you should be able to block constructs. Fine, if you want to follow pvp mechanics then that is the fair thing since they are precision based

however

To also be fair to the HL players, any might based attack we do such as whips should not be blockable. This gives us the exact same as every other powerset has, you can block for reduced damage but it will not knock u down. This honestly is the only way that you can be fair in both aspects, no other powerset is close to HL mechanics wise so i believe it should be left alone, but if you are trying to do something, that would be the right way to do it.
    • Like x 7
  2. Sytenia Committed Player

If you want those might based attacks to not be blockable or interruptable their own interrupt or blockbreak ability should be removed from them as well, only that will make it fair.
    I dont know much about the Hard Light powerset but as far as I know things like the claw power do an interrupt for example, if you want those to not be blockable they should also not do an interrupt.

I dont think there should be powers or construct combos that bypass the rules of the combat system.
    • Like x 2
  3. bedovean New Player

Actually the "interrupt" is called panic. It applies the same way dazed, burning, and panic do. Only specific HL powers do this and only if the other players dom is not higher then yours. Therefor that part of the ability is fair. To my knowledge only claw, chainsaw, and chompers apply this effect. The effect is primarly for controllers and most dps it does not work for unless they have into dom innates and attempt to do it on a healer, or another dps with lower dom.
  4. Rahiel New Player

HL constructs already cannot interrupt nor block-break.
  5. bedovean New Player

Truth
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Okay, you do realize that removing the mechanics from yellow damage basically would break the powerset and be way overpowered. You could essentially do two powers over and over again. Whips > Snap Trap > Repeat and have a person stunned indefinitely. Then stack might and you are done.

Whip Thrash hits multiple times and stuns. That is why it is block punishable. So no this is not evening out the power, it is making it broken.
    • Like x 5
  7. Rahiel New Player

If "indefinitely" means "until they press Breakout and/or become immune", sure. And if we pretend that nobody ever runs out of power.

By this definition, though, literally any powerset can stun a target "indefinitely".
  8. BumblingB I got better.

*sigh* Not going to argue with this thread. The fact it exists shows how people really don't understand how balance works and I would just be driving a nail into the wall with my forehead to try. /wave Good luck in attempts to make a broken power set.
    • Like x 4
  9. Rahiel New Player

You can't perma-stun anyone, no matter what powers you cycle. CC just plain doesn't work that way. That's why any power besides HL can't already do the thing you're worried about - after all, Absorb Heat with the Empowered Channeling mod is already not vulnerable to block nor interrupt, yet still doesn't allow me to stun anyone indefinitely.
    If I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, please clarify?

Personally, my preferred fix would be that, if constructs are vulnerable to counters, they should also be able to counter (eg, Whip Thrash is blockable, but also interrupts). That would, IMO, be a pretty reasonable way for them to behave.
    • Like x 1
  10. bedovean New Player

You do realize that someone else can be right besides yourself correct? so basically ur saying that when a mental turns you into a ghost, then panics you, then ghost then that is perma stun yet that is not the same as what I was proposing?

You really need to reevaluate your comments before posting them and making a fool of youself.

i was simply stating that HL has different mechanics then any other powerset, if they are going to change them because those mechanics do not seem fair, then they need to change them to the same as the other powersets. That is TRUTH my friend. If people want to complain about how we are different, then make us the same.

also keep in mind that using a power for HL does crap for damage, our moves our the lowest of all damage, the only reason we have high dps is because of comboing so quickly. And a HL stacking might is about the dumbest thing ever, so again i say think before you speak.
    • Like x 1
  11. bedovean New Player

Also all the pvp whining of how HL is too hard to beat it must be broken anyway, so by definition i cannot break it.

Now i ask you, name 1 might based move from a powr set and not a movement tree that is not HL that is vulnerable to block. Just 1, do that and ill concede the fact I am wrong.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sytenia Committed Player

My bad, in that case I dont think they should be blockable or interruptable.
    • Like x 1
  13. Orphan Fromdabloc New Player

Why do I get the feeling that eventually all of our HL moves will be blockable. I'm so sick of people who cry nerf because they can't adjust their gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dogzday Dedicated Player

That is a completely unfair idea. Since you have been a HL DPS since it was released, you must be very familiar with clipping its Powers into Powers, the typical Precision to Might and the atypical Might to Precision clipping.

That Might to Precision clipping gives HL its prime strength. It is able to switch to Precision damage and utilize the 794 Precision that you have instantaneously. Other Powersets do not have this ability, and they cannot do as much damage as fast as HL unless the target lives long enough for the other Powersets to connect their Powers through clipping.

HL does significant damage as it is, and I don't understand the reasons why people would complain about HL being blockable. It a strong Power, and should have this mechanic to counterbalance its strengths in instant burst damage.

Though one thing is for certain: HL does not need any nerfs as of right now. Fan is getting slightly fixed and Chainsaw's lunge will connect at farther distances in the next update.

For the record, HL is easy to take on in PvP arenas. You just gotta block when you see Ram or Lightweight or an imminent lunge from Claws (no one uses Boxing). They're tough in 1v1 though, definitely.
  15. bedovean New Player

This is as I've stated above what I believe too. This thread is to make people realize it is how it should be. If HL used unblockable might based moves then they would complain even more. HC should not be block able since the only way u can get to it is by comboing. It is also full aoe so merging this for PvP reasons hurts us too much inpve. 1 mob blocking at any given time and we would get knocked down? Seems unfair
    • Like x 1
  16. Dogzday Dedicated Player

HL has been designed to be a semi-replacement, semi-alternative, of basic weapon attacks because of its obvious ability to combo into other Powers without casting additional Power. Just as weapon attacks are block-countered, HL melee constructs should remain block-counter-able.

My other argument, however little it is, is Catwoman's whip-kick in Legends is block-able and it is almost completely the same as Whip for HL.

HL's tradeoff in being block-able comes from its quick instantaneous burst damage and the ability to use Precision damage in the Powers.

"One mob blocking at any given time and we would get knocked down?"

If you are referring to the PvP mechanics in PvE, weapon attacks would make you get knocked down too, so there isn't much difference.

This discussion regarding HL's Might abilities to override PvP mechanics in both PvE and PvP will make HL OP. Think of people endlessly combo-ing things like:

Ram > Whip > ...
    Ram > Whip > Lightweight > ...
    Light Claws > Ram > Whip > ...

IN SHORT:

It would be pointless. They would just burn more significantly more Power, ultimately making them EVEN WORSE than they are. Take the risk, and just do your Precision combo damage with things like Whip and Lightweight which are vulnerable to block. I'm VERY sure not many HL DPS cast Whip or would like to cast many Powers. Thinking about this single fact makes me more and more against the idea.
    • Like x 3
  17. bedovean New Player

If you start comparing the prec based combos to weapons then should certain moves then Bb or interrupt such as fan Bb and claw lung interrupt? No that would be overpowrd. So basically the combos should have every disadvantage of weapon combos but none of the advantages?
    • Like x 2
  18. bedovean New Player

Basically what I am trying to get at is hl needs to stay the same. If it is to be changed it needs to be changed correctly and not nerfed to make people stop crying in PvP. I say PvP because that is where all the complaining is aka. BLocking and such. No I am not trying to make hl op. I am trying to keep it the same or offer a viable fair solution.
    • Like x 2
  19. Hard Night New Player

-typed response-
    -saw Gadgets player in sig-
    -backspaced and sighed-
  20. BumblingB I got better.

If that was to me, then the sig is not updated. My EU toon is currently light, my villain is light and my main bounces around powers more than you get bounced around in the inner alert at the arc.

Once again, not going to argue this thread. I posted a reply to this guy, because he is pointing out gadgets. I don't care to be on top. If they nerfed gadgets to the ground, I'd still play gadgets on BumblingB, because he is a tech inspired character. Some people play this game for it's balance. When you are fighting against something you can't do anything about, that is not balance.
    • Like x 1