After Quantum can they even make any new unique powers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chillaCroc, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Aiden Warren New Player

Unique as in new and different? no same animations, same icons.. same effects... and so on.
  2. TheLoneLantern New Player

You need to get off the "it needs to be free" bandwagon...
  3. chillaCroc New Player

quantum, mental, quantum/nature, healer/tank role??? i don't understand, could be interesting as long as it doesn't work like sidekicks.
  4. Mini Lini Loyal Player

It is odd that Tanks are getting the elements. Really would like the next Tank power to be something other than an element. Just to have some variety.
  5. Vex New Player

Cosmic powers, like Silver Surfer. Could be a good healer choice with things like Matter Control, Manipulation and Reconfiguration, Energy Emission and Absorption etc.

Elastic powers, like Plastic Man/Mr. Fantastic. Would be a fun tank power, think of all the cool shapes you could manipulate your body into to defend with.
  6. chillaCroc New Player

You misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm not saying powers need to be free. Extra ones definitely should NOT be free.
    But revamping an already free power and then reselling it as DLC, is unethical business practice in my opinion.
    It's what I would call the Capcom conundrum.
  7. Evil Moopie New Player

Yes because I want to heal my teammates by shouting in their ears with a sonic cry. lol

The only way I would see that working into the roles would be a tank....lol the tank could literally scream for attention/aggro. But I think nuclear/atomic would be a better tanking power.
  8. chillaCroc New Player

If you don't want to respond anymore that's fine, but don't insult me like that.
    To answer your question, quantum powers literally deals with splitting atomic particles and rearranging them to do things like teleporting, density changes, space manipulation, etc.
    Calling it Atomic wouldn't be an issue with PR. The only difference calling it quantum is that quantum physics deals with particles smaller than atoms. It has nothing to do with political correctness and tensions between other countries.
  9. Hallows Eve New Player

I thought music would be a good one for controllers, kinda like the Pied Piper.
    • Like x 2
  10. chillaCroc New Player

You don't shout to heal; you sing. lol

Oh oh oh. More ideas. A new weapon, the guitar.
    You play your guitar to create high volume soundwaves to damage opponents from a distance, and swing your guitar around to melee them.
    With earth powers you can rock out while you rock on. B)
    • Like x 1
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I wouldn't be upset if the elemental powers were more creative in there use. Earth and Ice should have at alot more objects constructed on the battle field like walls and pillars. There could have been constructs without the combos.
  12. Mini Lini Loyal Player

They laughed me out of the PC forums thread for suggesting this long ago.

Then the Devs implemented that St. Patrick's day trinket that makes music and CC's you... I laugh now!

Music Controller ftw. Even though Healer and Tank sets are next..
  13. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Could totally see that.. Slamming my foot into the ground and having a big chunk of earth as a wall in front of me.

Earthbending.
  14. Abstrakt Loyal Player

They have an entire dc universe to look at...........
  15. Nekron 99 Loyal Player

This made me think of John Constantine. Maybe this is a hint for some type of Supernatural powerset? The power to summon golums, hypnotize, cause illusions, possess, etc.

*sits in front of computer tapping fingers impatiently waiting for another new power announcement now*
  16. Hallows Eve New Player

I think it would be a pretty unique power set instead of just getting more elemental stuff like water or wind.
  17. Evil Moopie New Player

Considering DLC9 is about Trigon and Raven....a darkness or whatever power Raven has would be cool for healing or tanking.
  18. Trinidad James Loyal Player

19. Mr AFK New Player

How about two new ring powers? or no..
    - red or black (villains) and white or blue (heroes) - for healer?

New tank power.
    - wind, storm, hurricane, tornado - for tank

any other.. etc.
  20. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Sapphire lantern power set!
    • Like x 1