Hidden Gem in Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Radium, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Radium Devoted Player

If this is what I think it is, T3 just became available for every role.
    • Like x 1
  2. Captain Just New Player

I don't know. To me it just sounds like the dps style will be available at the 3 vendors.

But, if that is the case, what has the t3 dps vendor been repurposed as?
    • Like x 1
  3. Sidetracked New Player

Would be awesome. I've been drooling over the controller chest piece since forever.
  4. Savage Mind Committed Player

I'm confused. :confused:

How do I delete my post?
  5. Tule New Player

^^Ditto. My main character has all the t3 styles cause I jump powers a lot, but my alt would love free access to all those styles.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

But, wait. There are currently 4 T3 vendors, each role specific, and each with different armor styles. If the DPS vendor is "repurposed," where will that style go? I'm all for having all 4 styles available to all roles, as with T4, but isn't this losing an existing style? Can someone verify this on test?
  7. 13igtyme Devoted Player

It means you can get the healer, controller, and tank style in dps gear. Meaning everyone can get it. It's not available in ever role, but they will be available in dps stance so everyone can get the feat. Now if they would just lower to price back to normal.
    • Like x 1
  8. Chosen One New Player

I said the same thing last night to several league mates to mixed reviews, but like you hoping that's the case as I am not a big fan of switching powers for a few feat points.
    • Like x 1
  9. NightHawk New Player

Looking at the test server vids the T5 Aquaman armor is in the place of the old T3 dps armor, so it seems like they just added dps to the other 3 T3 vendors to make room for the T5. I could totally be wrong though.
    • Like x 1
  10. Captain Just New Player

I am not sure that is what this means... where would you get the dps style then? I think they just made the dps style available at the controller, healer, and tank vendors.. not that the controller, healer, and tank styles will be avaible in dps versions..
  11. Zhouz Well-Known Player

The notes just sound like they moved the dps gear pieces onto the other t3 vendors, not that they reassigned any T3 styles at all.
  12. TheLoneLantern New Player

It sounds like the current dps gear (Sunstone's Edge) will have tank, troller, and healer version too.

It also sounds like the current troller gear (Kryptonian Commander) will have a dps version too, but no tank or healer version. Likewise for the current tank and healer gear.

Sunstone's Edge
    Dps
    Tank
    Healer
    Troller

Kryptonian Commander
    Troller
    Dps

Kryptonian Medico
    Healer
    Dps

Kryptonian Tanko (sorry, forget what it's called)
    Tank
    Dps

Edit: it could also be that the display tube for dps gear is being taken down so that they have room for something later.
  13. YodaDog New Player

Thats exactly what it means. Why would they just give the DPS style to the other vendors? Doesnt make sense. That is great news.
  14. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I do kind wonder where they would move it. But why would they have one style at three different vendors 5 feet from each other. It might also be like the current pvp vendor where they have many styles and roles for one vendor. I'm thinking that of the three roles each will have a dps set and the current dps set will be given to everyone much like the valentine stuff was. That way there is still a dps set to get, but you can choose the style. And people can stop asking to open up all styles, as they will be dps available.
  15. Golden_Assassin Committed Player

So they mean that role specific styles for T3 will have a DPS set available for healer, tank and controller styles of interest? I'll grab em for a feat.
  16. Chosen One New Player

I hope that's what it means and if it is kind of glad I didn't buy any power change tokens.
  17. mecha New Player

what a week

my face hurts from smiling
    • Like x 1
  18. Captain Just New Player

They couldn't be any more vague.. would be nice if Mepps could drop by and clear up all this speculation.
  19. 13igtyme Devoted Player

I think they just sit around the office and think up new ways to be vague and start an office pool to see how long it takes for us to figure it out.
  20. Joykiller Dedicated Player

Another gem? Looks like Steel got some attention.....