cliping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by armoroflightning, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Ogat New Player

Lawl. Anyhow clipping isn't exactly rocket sience nor is it a skill hard to aquire. It's how the game is.
  2. Ogat New Player

Gah <3 Clipping and positioning are two different things. I melee all those bosses(well we have Wonder Woman), don't recal the last time I died ;x There's lots of cases when You're safer meleeing the boss in proper position(from the side or back) then You are staying at range(most of the PBG raid comes to mind, still have to watch out for 1hots of course).At least I feel that way <3
    • Like x 1
  3. FeelsGood New Player

THIS!

Being good PvE wise requires two things clipping and positioning. That is all
  4. Jayeto Prime New Player

OMG FOE?! they still exist o_O?! so many memories of fighting them and arguing just rolled back into my head >.< lol
  5. FeelsGood New Player

yes it's a secret society. Built up slowly pve hopefully back into pvp. Just waiting on GU to drop
  6. phen0mena Committed Player

You never need to clip at all to beat anything PvE in this game.
    Players doing so are just trying to compete with themselves for damage/healing/etc numbers.

Clipping heals in PvE is just a waste of power, unless you really have to, to save someone.
    There is just no need. The content is not hard enough to warrant it.
    Get a 50% buff and combo. That's all you need in PvE.
    Perhaps clip a heal into a team shield or something the odd time.

Now, in PvP, it's mandatory.
    Clip your face off in PvP, but pace yourself.

There's nothing I love more than facing some guy who clips his whole ability bar in 2 seconds, gets countered, and you see that lovely 'out-of-power' blue flash. Dead meat.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jayeto Prime New Player

if you guys grow back into pvp then im DEFINITELY going to have to get pvp gear o.o......
  8. ARI ATARI New Player

yes you can play without clipping, you just cant compete.
  9. Solmes202 Loyal Player

This says it all.
  10. Capeo75 New Player

As a mental troll can you clip, say, WoP or Bastion? Those are the only two things in my loadout that have egregiously long animations.
  11. Sylar-Man New Player

Yes. With PE, TK shield, or granduer
  12. Sylar-Man New Player

Can you play without it? Yes. Do you not know hot to play as a DPS? No. DPS =Damage per second. Clipping increases the amount of damage that can be done per second. You would be a good Damage Dealer if you didn't clip but you wouldn't be a good DPS if you didn't clip. Either way as long as you are doing damage then that means you understand your role. Some people just know how to put out more damage than others
  13. Vixen Well-Known Player

you dont have to clip nah, just play the way you want and have fun dont let anyone tell you that you are not "doing it right" cuz you dont have the playstyle as someone else
  14. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

I play without clipping, or at least not intentionally if I do. I play just fine, but I will never find myself topping the charts. I don’t really need to that to have fun though. I will never be numberonedps, the job is taken.

15. FeelsGood New Player

I clip when i heal and troll. Maybe that's why trolls get such a bad wrap. But Melee trolling is the best! CC the crap outta things when melee
  16. Shadow Vlad New Player

If you can clip you have a better chance of getting away. It's the scoreboard heroes that get wiped by the boss
    • Like x 1
  17. Old Gravyleg New Player

Clipping as a healer not only helps you to heal, but it helps you to live, as well. A good example is the new inner alert. If you aren't jump clipping your heals so you can keep on the move, you're just going to have to stand there and spam them because those bat drones hop all over you. I saw a troller eat magic's pancake in prime the other day while casting WoP and he seemed to be unaware that he could jump in order to move again.

You can complete content without clipping but you'll probably be carried by players who do.

In addition to the spells listed by the poster below you, you can jump after casting WoP in order to free your movement. It's helpful in cases where you don't have power to spend or other spells are on cooldown.
  18. ToySoldier13 New Player

+1

Clipping starts to tread dangerously close to making the game a job (PS3 doesn't have macros).

Clipping imo is only useful for stuff with jumbo animations (Soul Well and the like); shaving off a third of a second at the cost of extra power or a cola that is now unavailable when you may need it or a trinket that is now unavailable when you may need it or burning through hundreds of consumables that take up a slot on your belt just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Play it however feels comfortable to you OP - I, as a ranged Sorcery DPS who clips only SW am RARELY topped and if it does happen it is a 100% chance they've used at least 3x my power and have waaay more damage in. Flow is more important than clipping; try it out though - there are some who can flow comfortably while clipping (most HL masters for example).
  19. Old Gravyleg New Player

It's not just about saving time, you're also using abilities. As a might based dps, it's best to think of your weapon combos as preludes to your abilities, and HL is the opposite with the ability being the prelude to the combo. Any time I would normally use an ability, I throw a tap tap hold in front of it.
  20. The Kitsune New Player

I do not really understand clipping. I know what it is and how it is suppose to be done. I can clip a couple of powers but that is about it. I understand that in order to get more damage out in a shorter time you should learn to clip. But I have yet to figure it out. Why are some players so insistent that you must clip, other than, the already stated damage info? Is it that not clipping is ruining the fun for others?