Finding suitable Character name(s).

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Binary Zero, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Binary Zero Active Player

So, hey folks.
    When it comes to making new characters, I usually got enough ideas in my mind to make a new one now and then with a fitting theme which got me inspired the first place. Costumes (albeit limited at creation) work for me at the beginning, along with the colors and the palette.

But when it comes to good names for those, ohhh boy. o_O
    I spend hours for finding good ones, often giving up at this point in actually making the character - Either because the good one I had in mind are taken, or invalid ( It got snatched by a Dev :( ).

So I appeal on you guys if you like to bother with me here and maybe help others.

To start off, I am looking for a name for a Electricity/Two-Handed character, going with a theme similar like this :

[IMG]

(Yes, it's Full Metal Jayce from League of Legends, as reference.)

I had twiddled with the words 'Arc, Aegis, Archon' and some others, but don't find suitable name that give the 'feels right' feeling.
    You guys have any ideas ?

Thanks in advance. :)
  2. Octantis New Player

I like to throw my names into different languages, or grab a science/physics term to go off of. Usually the well known words and combinations are always taken, but there are some cool ones if you delve into obscure naming conventions.

Sigma Octantis, for example is the Earth's current "South Star"

Looking at this specific picture, I come with Ion Crusher/Splitter. Try words with Photon or Ion. Or outside the box and throw some suffixes on those, like Photonic.

No need to stick with just "electrical" sounding words. Head into Radiant and Luminous, or Aurora.

Light is also "Lux" in Latin, "Luce" in Italian, and "Licht" in German. So "Light Master" in Latin reads "Lux Dominus". Or "Big" in Latin is "Magnus", so "Lux Magnus", or "Magnus Lux" for "Big Light" which sounds corny but the dude in your picture is quite the beast.

Oh, how about a lay on the Latin of "Light Emperor" and go with "Lux Imperius". In fact, Lux Imperius is going to be my next Electric toon if you don't take it :p

Anyway, don't have to like any of my ideas, but hopefully they broaden your research a bit :D
    • Like x 2
  3. Binary Zero Active Player

They are definitely good ideas there, thank you for this. :D
    And I am not sure if I should snatch that name there, or is available in the first place.

Yeah, I hoped not to end up using Silver Age/90's names for this. I don't feel like they fit the modern theme, powersuit and all.
  4. recespieces31 New Player

my great naming system:

first name- color of your shirt
    last name- object to your left (if no object is to your left, then the object to your right will suffice)

Example:
    Yellow Paperclip

Works every time
    • Like x 1
  5. Binary Zero Active Player

Hm - 'Beige Plastic Cup'. :p
    • Like x 1
  6. recespieces31 New Player

See? I bet that name isn't taken
    • Like x 1
  7. Binary Zero Active Player

Maybe - I'll look into it once the Downtime is finished.
  8. recespieces31 New Player

I actually like the name I came up with...I might change my Controller's name to it...ha ha
    • Like x 1
  9. Octantis New Player

Love it. Now to log in before you ...
    • Like x 1
  10. recespieces31 New Player

aww, man...that's not nice...:p
    • Like x 1
  11. Fools Fire Loyal Player

Knight of TELAM - An acronym for Tesla Electric Light & Manufacturing. The company he started after leaving Edison.
    • Like x 1
  12. dWI New Player

did someone suggest Thor yet? no wait, thats taken.
  13. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Cupcake Warrior
    Songsteel
    Zealous Divide
    WhyBobWhy
    Tssss Hawt
    Sparky McPop
    Buzziness

No clue...just bored while waiting for the update.
    • Like x 1
  14. dWI New Player

hmm maybe Dualshock? but if your on ps3 its most likely taken. it might still be available on pc.
    • Like x 1
  15. Binary Zero Active Player

TELAM is a interesting name. Thanks! :)

They sound good on more non-powersuit characters, but nontheless thank you for the names here!

I wouldn't give much hope here, either, on the PC. Though I give it a try. Thanks!
  16. Abandon New Player

Pillow... Umm... I'm not wearing any?
  17. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Blue Sock {{To my left}}

Blue Eyeliner {{To my right}}

Sorry that just looked fun had to answer that also haha!
  18. ZeroAccess New Player

I have too much stuff around me
    Teal PostItNote
    Teal Apple
    Teal Phone
    Teal TeaCup
    Teal Monitor
    Teal Computer
    Teal Glasses
    Teal CellPhone
    Teal Mouse
    Teal Keyboard
    Teal Cork Board
    Teal Paper
    Teal Towel

*Rips shirt off in frustration*

White Apple
    White Phone
    White TeaCup

...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh overload
    • Like x 1
  19. Binary Zero Active Player

Actually, that's a pretty cool name for a Female Villain Character.
  20. Octantis New Player

Blue Wife

Kind of awkward for a male character :/