Update announcements are useless

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by E.K.75, Mar 21, 2024.

1. E.K.75 New Player

It’s no secret Mepps left.
    It’s no secret the dev staff have been greatly reduced.
    And it becoming evident the new community manager either didn’t want the job or doesn’t care bout it.
    Update section of the forums hasn’t been touched since Mepps left, so it’s pretty useless right now.
    This guy Miguel barely gives updates about anything. The updates seem to be the day of (when they’re given at all), and even then they’re late.
    • Like x 3
  2. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

Can you please post about this in the form of a content creator video. I think the gaming community should be kept apprised of exactly what DCUO has to offer.
    • Like x 1
  3. Alushaun Well-Known Player

*whisper* these forums aren't as high on the priority list as we'd like to think.
    • Like x 1
  4. Owl Devoted Player

5. Canadian Justice Committed Player

To be fair, the bonus weeks have been pretty useless too.

Wait, that doesn't actually help much does it?
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

To be far bonus weeks were for covid lockdown. the fact they are continuing to do them long after the lockdown yall should be happy about it. Just be happy u get anything at all from them. Nowhere does it say they need to give you a damn thing. even though the game makes a killing doesn't mean it needs to show that off to anyone
    • Like x 1
  7. Rorrigam Active Player

Let’s say they remove bonus week for the rest of the year. Do you think the player base will increase, keep the same numbers, or reduce? I would actually like to see that. It would tell us who benefits more from the bonus weeks.
    • Like x 2
  8. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

Give me an A now give me a B… cheerleader is cheerleading
  9. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Let's say they removed the bonus weeks. And in return they relaunch the game with update 2.0 stats matters. All the feats in the game get a 2.0 relaunch with a second skill point system. All the feats in the game will now have a 2.0 under them. 10 point feats will now be 20 pointers 25 pts 50 pointers and 50 pts 1 whole skill point. Along with that a new and exciting gear system with an exciting feeling to it where the player feels progression this time. All this content the game has needs to be relaunched with a 2.0 stat matters update. Bonus weeks do nothing for keeping players active. The old feats stay the same 2.0 just adds a relaunch of those same feats for a new progression skill tree
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... it became a regular thing thanks to the Lockdown.

But we get so little content since then.... we get only 2 DLCs per year.....
    Don't take away the Bonus Weeks.

It does not make up for the lack of content.... but it does gives us a little something to do while we wait for the next DLC.

Also it allows new players to have people to play with in older content during that Bonus Week.

Yes... it started as a Bonus..... but it pretty much became Essential.

Don't take that away from us.... there is so little to do.... especially right now. :( :(
    • Like x 4
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I don't really see the point in the bonus weeks they don't really benefit me maybe cuz I have too many alts the bonuses don't matter to me. As far as they're being only two episodes a year that is because of 2 things. 1 it's because they wanted to clean unreal 3 code for next gen update so they had to cut down to 2 eps. 2 they have to slow down the content because the stat revamp is only good till we reach 1200sp 1400sp at 1200sp the clamp falls off per point. These are the reasons for only 2 eps a year
  12. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

So, if it doesn't benefit you directly it shouldn't exist?
    • Like x 1
  13. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

I like how people take this stance of “how dare you ask them for content” “they don’t have to do anything” as if we the loyal player base haven’t been keeping the lights on for this game/company for the last 13 years…
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???

Not at all what I am saying??

How are you getting that from what I am saying???:confused:
  15. TheeOwlsTalon Level 30

That’s my bad, I didn’t mean to reply to you :|
  16. Ryll Committed Player

If they aren't going to do away with the bonus weeks they should be a perk of membership at this point.
    • Like x 2
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If it don't benefit you... that is fine.

But.... there are other people playing the game.

I would say it benefits people with new characters.... whether it's new players or old players with 53 Atls.

And it cost.....

......nothing.
    All that is needed is to flip the switch to activated the Bonus week.

No reason to remove the Bonus week.

As for why we get 2 DLCs....... it does not matter why.

We have been getting 2 DLCs for the past 2 years.... and from the looks of it we will get 2 DLCs this year too if lucky..... unless??? unless we only get 1 DLC this year??? :eek: :eek:

So it does not matter why....
    At the end of the day... we only get 2 DLCs....
    And having the Bonus week is something that requires 0 effort.

So... why remove it??

I wish we would get back to getting 3 DLCs.....
    Heck I wish we would get 12 DLCs.....

Sadly,,,,, been wishing that for 2 years.... and it did not happen yet. :(
    • Like x 1
  18. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Oh..... ok....makes more sense. ;)
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I thought you were a realist? These companies only care about taking our money, they don't "owe" us anything lol. That's not cheerleading, that's just stating the cold, sad, unfortunate truth.

But people still shouldn't stop fighting for it, eventually they might listen.
  20. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Totally agree we should get three episodes. But more episodes is not what the game needs not one freaking bit. It's got so much content just sitting there doing nothing don't you think it's time for a 2.0 stat matter relaunch. A second skill point tree and an existing new gear system that's not such a mess like this one is. Wouldn't a relaunch of old feats bring back ppl and keep the game sticky once again. Instead of a new ep that ppl complete in about 3days with replays or get bored of reruns day in and day out