Oh boy it begins! Day 1 no server reset?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheBlackBond, Feb 11, 2024.

1. TheBlackBond New Player

Usually its 45min tops.
    • Like x 1
  2. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Yep, this is one long reset. 5 after the top of the hour, unusual for DC.
  4. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

EU and XBox have been up since at least 40 minutes ago.
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Yes, usually. I've also seen it take 90-120 minutes randomly. Possible server hotfixes being applied? Maybe a system issue that caused it to restart more than once? We're not given that level of transparency, and while it might be nice if we were, it all comes down to business policies and the terms we agree to when we choose to play.

In short: they aren't required to tell us why it sometimes takes longer.

Update: They are investigating an issue with the server. In the past, that has meant some hardware failure occurred, but that's merely conjecture at this point.
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Finally a notice on the forum board: investigating an issue with USPS/PC
    • Like x 1
  7. Ash Inferno Well-Known Player

Well, all the train tracks were checkered white and blue this morning. Not sure if that's part of the V-day event or if it's a graphics glitch.
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Mepps left a little surprise virus in the system mwuahahaha
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    I have to ask what Server you play on.

On USPS5 it's usually an hour.
    Sometimes more.... much more.... especially when we get a new DLC... a New Event.... a New Time Capsule.

And in this case... we did get a New Event AND a New Time Capsule. ;)
  10. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

SHAME ON YOU!!! (for suggesting this before I did! :p )
    • Like x 1
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Did Mepps take with him all the hamsters that powered the servers? ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

On USPS/PC, the server reset begins at 9am-est, and it's usually completed with the server back up and running at 9:30am-est.

I know this, because I'm on at 9:30am-est daily, unless the reset takes longer (usually before 9:45am-est).

So, when it reaches an hour, one can be pretty sure there is an internal issue.
  13. thirty six Loyal Player

14. Mybadvalentine New Player

This don't make no damn sense.

Only on DC Universe Online. SMH
  15. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

No. "Mepps" actually -is- a bunch of hamsters in a large overcoat.
    • Like x 2
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

They cry, out to the skies in desperate voices. The cries are met only with silence, never fulfilling the void in which is left haunting their soul for all eternity nevermore.
    • Like x 1
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Ok this is ridiculous. I’m sure a lot of us were hoping to hop on and get stuff done on Sunday morning you know when most people don’t have to work but nope not doing. Pretty funny how EG7 has to lay off staff when the current Daybreak can barely keep the motor running on DCUO as is. Also it’s not like it’s the Superbowl or anything and maybe players won’t be able to get on today later or anything? Man you fire your Community Rep and can’t even keep your game online. Embarrassing.
    • Like x 1
  18. Alushaun Well-Known Player

guys, chill.
    • Like x 1
  19. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Gotta say though, the continual lack of communication/update on current situation with server is a bit "normal." Was kinda hoping that wouldn't be the case going forward. But what's a change of direction without keeping things the same lol.
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

No I pay for a subscription don’t tell me to chill when Daybreak aren’t keeping the game people pay for up and running.
    • Like x 1
  21. Mybadvalentine New Player

Chill my a**, it's nearing 2.5HOURS might get up to 3 before the servers are back up. Ridiculous.