My Experience On Villain Side Today

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cypharr, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Stardazer Committed Player

Didn't you spend all of your winter holidays telling people to quit the game because they had suggestions or expressed their opinions about the wolfpack tokens being expensive on the forums? You consistency ridiculed them for being 'poor' or 'casual players' when you in fact are also a casual player considering you left the game for, what, 6 years and only recently returned? Yeah, you're not as a "good person" that you think you are. Hypocrites make the best villains - enjoy!
    • Like x 6
  2. Cypharr Committed Player

I always take comfort knowing not everyone has it out for me. It's always amuses me how an innocent thread turns into a bloodbath. Like I've said in other threads that received the same treatment I do change when it's for a positive cause thus I always listen to reason. This particular thread is about the game in my opinion and like you mentioned there're a ton of similar threads that's could be scrutinized if it was a plain field.
    • Like x 1
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

i never minded your insane amount of posts, BUT, once i found out you were a gold seller, and or supporting gold sellers, lost 100% respect for you.

also, im not sure what to discuss on this post, as you literally posted a villain side thread already and the community told you everything you need to succeed on the villain side and went on a backlash saying everyones ideas were bad and you will not comply with them. which is fine, but ppl were just trying to help and make you understand how villain side works.

being willfully ignorant is another sore spot with me, as i believe in the quote, "ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever."
    • Like x 6
  4. Cypharr Committed Player

If you pull up that threads you'll see that I respond adequately to the defamation of character I experience everyday in this game. I never start **** I only use fire for fire. It's not when an insulting word is used that a phrase becomes an insult, the context of the sentence can be an insult without such dictionary terms. Anyways I admit I was wrong then and have improved my communications since then but I won't take the full blame we were all at each others throats. I'm a better person than that time I learned from my mistake and actively working to be even better. Like some witch hunters stated in one of my threads that I'm pretending when I asked about Extra Life it's funny cos the was I see it is my attempt at redemption particularly with Mepps to show I'm actively working to be better, unfortunately that can't be said for the Mariachi Band with pitchforks & touches.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cypharr Committed Player

So this is the kind of response that suggests

You can act like you don't see what's going on I'll be just fine.
  6. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Not exactly, more so banned and later buys accounts.
    Wolfpack tokens are expensive. But it's definitely not the direction to get casual to buy them due to artifacts can take a year to get 1 artifact to 200. Plus Seal of completion that is need to make it to 200. Wolfpack token and to cost of seal of completion isn't compensated.
    To make it more easier and likely chance of ppl to buy the Wolfpack tokens is to make it that an artifact is to be at rank 160. This can help reduce the time it takes across few characters and artifacts on sharing the nth metal.
    If devs do the double nth metal XP week and players can stack up on nth metal caches and that can help them rank up artifacts to 160 and able to use the Wolfpack token that way to make it account bound.
    Maybe devs can make quick money that way.

Back to toxic players. They are uneducated and never finished high school and even if they did, never goes to college. So they can talk all they want. It's a waste of their life and their reality as time goes by fast and 15 years can go by and still they haven't gone out once. So that's the life they want and that's the life they will have. Being toxic in games and to argue with people on forums and don't realize that there is nothing to argue about. The game is fiction and entertainment and ppl can say anything they want on their own opinions and what they want to believe that is entertaining for them. No one is wrong and no one is incorrect in what they say. Fiction is fiction and is all make believe.
    Some ppl here does need serious help and to try to go out more often. Hang out with friends.

You really didn't need to make a thread on toxic players. But since you did. Im all up to tell it like it is on how easy and simple it is to "Get a life" the game is fiction. Why argue with ppl.
    And ignore what goes on in the world and especially it's everywhere and ppl don't go out and argue with the real criminals out there. So yeah they don't see how that is reality.
    Toxic players in game will still be toxic players 10 years from now. I doubt any of them has a wife/girlfriend that can be with a guy like that.
  7. FaithfulJudgeDC New Player

Heehee heehee ohh this is so delicious. I prefer we all love and support one another but it's delicious for the soul to get your true feelings out so hopefully one day we can have peace in our lovely cummuinty.
  8. KidKretz Committed Player

in that villain thread, yes i seen ppl trying to legit help you. atfter you rejected that help and called pretty much everyone nuts, that is when i started to see the negative comments about you in your next several threads and legit felt bad for you...until the gold seller thing.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Cool story bro....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

And you believed them? o_O

I mean, I snipped the rest, but from the tone of the rest of your post, it kinda seems like you did.
    • Like x 3
  11. Alushaun Well-Known Player

hold up, thats a gold seller? how do you know?

if true, then all bets are off.
    • Like x 1
  12. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I have to completely disagree with this assessment of people to have villain toons are bad people with characteristics and personality to match. It is a fallacy. It is a falsehood. I have seen very toxic behaviors on the Hero side the likes of which I have not encountered before on the villain side as I have both a hero and a villain.

The conclusion you derived at can be attributed to predisposed notions that those who choose to make a villain character are they themselves representative of the worst of humanity, which is simple false. Are there bad people who may play this game and play as a villain? I am sure there are just as I am sure the inverse is correct that there are good people who play this game and play as a villain.

Villains in DCUO aren’t really villains, they are more anti-heroes than anything else. My villain character has yet to steal a nuke and hold Gotham for hostage that is unless they pay me $1,000,000,000,000 dollars! Mwah ha ha! But I digress.
    • Like x 3
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

Back in early days we used to do some villainous stuff...like getting a feat for setting cops on fire. Over time, we've become hero-lite, which hasn't been all that fun. I remember asking Spytle (yeah, that long ago) about it and ways we could have divergent storylines and a draw to the villain side, since the population has always been a bit lopsided and he just said something like "Not much we can do. People just like to play heroes" and from that point forward, we've just been getting more and more merging. Warp-in locations and quest givers are even the same now. I used to love seeing wandering heroes get bounced for trying to get too close to our camp.

I've always enjoyed the ideas of characters considered "villains" because let's face it...we're all the protagonists in our own story. We're trying to set the world in a way we think is right and just...we just all have divergent ideas of what that is. Lex doesn't consider himself to be a bad person, just someone doing what he needs to do to right a wrong.
    • Like x 3
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I believe I mentioned "OR self guilt" in that post. This just confirmed 100% I was correct, thanks.

Btw, on Xbox, Villain side is actually more comprised of open minded adults. They mostly act the complete opposite of whatever your OP is claiming, and are way more mature. Villains go out of their way to help heroes WAY more than the other way around. Heroes are straight up jerks most of the time.
    • Like x 1
  15. KidKretz Committed Player

it was posted in one of his other threads, screenshots of his channel promoting the use of gold selling/advertising for gold selling
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well to be fair, from your accounts...it sounds like both sides on Xbox can be jerky.:eek:

My experience is (on PS/PC), villain side is more 'clique-y', even on low level stuff like reg runs. Hero side is more open to anyone save the hardest stuff like E+, however that does increase your chances to run with A) terrible players and B) jerks. It's a numbers game...there are just more heroes, so of course the numbers are higher of those things.

But you CAN at least get a chance to get into stuff, even if you are not in the clique. YMMV from there on out.

In any case, I've never run into heroes OR villains who've acted like there is some real world correlation with their 'good' or 'evil' persona online...no actual one anyway, although some people do like to play a role. I'd guess the OP was made up of...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. Alushaun Well-Known Player

[IMG]
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I've only ever had issues with hero side, vil side was always trying to just work together and get stuff done. Sadly there just wasn't enough of them and the "capable" ones went MIA or quit. Or kept to their own circles. Even still, I quite seldom (if at all, really was that rare I cannot recall) faced toxicity from villain side.

But yeah, I never ran into the "real world correlation" stuff, BUT many heroes refused to play with villains simply because of the fact they are villains and/or didn't want to let them succeed. There were even hero leagues who made it a requirement to turn Task Force X off.
    • Like x 1
  19. Cypharr Committed Player

Apparently you don't listen to reason. I told you it was a informative content with a disclaimer to do at own peril. "I DON"T SELL CASH" and I suggest you focus your stitching one people who actually do including people who sell names since you're hell bent on ToS. Use the same phone you used to take a screenshot of my YouTube channel to take a screenshot of people actually practicing your headache in the actual in game chat. If you're going to be a snitch at least do it properly. There's nothing for you here cos all your allegations are false.

[IMG]

PS Get well soon bud
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

...that's literally promoting it, either way. Also, if the allegations were false, then it wouldn't be "snitching", now would it?
    • Like x 1