The damage on the solo boss is completely absurd!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

It wasn't That hard but I'm glad here's no hard knocks feat for it either :)
  2. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

As I said, no one said it cannot be done regular way. So thank you for repeating the same 2nd time.
    My first comment was about to chose the tryhard way, fast burn without worring mechs. You can do that way or 'regular' way. Unfortunetly both of them are allowed atm. (sadly, imo)

Besides the point:
    But hey, you know what? If you want to prove something so bad, make a video about eg. a cr430 atomic might dps running solo elite under 3:40 without artswap. I'd be very curious about that.
  3. Captain Catalunya Active Player

Players who have danced hundreds of times with Casamento do not need broken powers to dance with Zatanna.
    Ridiculous, the stunts they do to not learn to play
    • Like x 1
  4. Alushaun Well-Known Player

Glad someone with some DCUO years said it. Also...can I have 100mil? I'll be your friend n stuff.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

what you call broken can also be called working as intended, before you claim something is "broken" you should do a better job of explaining and proving exactly why this supposed thing is quote "broken", otherwise it sounds like you're just emotionally upset about something you have a personal displeasure for.
    • Like x 1
  6. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Yeah, in this game everything is working as intended lol. Many people has explained through many threads and you're still questioning obvious things. When will you stop shining devs'... and open your eyes? Or you play Minecraft and you're here accidently?
    Powers are unbalanced. Prec (Flurry Shot, Shuriken Storm) is broken. Artswap is legit currently but devs didn't want artifacts keep having their effects after they've swapped. I know they probably won't fix it ever.
    Pvp is also broken but I guess it's perfect in your opinion because devs don't care at all.

So please don't start this over and over again. If you still want to, go back to those threads and keep explaining your opinion there.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Prec, broken, LOL, sure, lol

How is prec broken, because a few powers over perform with prec and others don't? There's way too many really bad might players around here that keep trying to say prec is broken because they see a rage prec player in small content in melee range or a gadgets prec player abusing other, actual real exploits and they just blame it on prec, specifically flurry and shuriken.

art swapping is also not an exploit, also PVP has nothing to do with this, just stop it.

And for the record I'll post in every thread where some one comes in and starts posting absolute rubbish about prec being broken or art swapping being cheating, every thread.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Oh and for the record too, just so you don't think I have my eyes closed, like you say, a few comments about that demonstration you posted, what it does prove isn't that the weapons are broken it proves that we need a few things there.

1. We need a supercharge balance pass to fix over performing supercharge abilities like 'berserk' creating imbalances that then get perceived as lying elsewhere - this balance pass applies to all supercharges in the game.

2. Incendiary Mine, which I noticed you or the video creator is using should have a cool down added like bot clipping.

3. Other outlier powers should be fixed where they break rules consistent with those powers, like gadgets suppressor turret

4. Where possible artifact effects can be stopped upon removal of the artifact they should be, swapping itself should not be stopped.
    • Like x 2
  9. Eve YouTuber

Personally I beat the solo as elec might on elite when I did it on the Test Server. I also used my weapon to stun the bosses so it helped.
    However I am nature on live and I was struggling with nature might. So I beat the elite solo so far as a healer. It's not much that the damage need to be tuned down (It doesn't) but moreso the amount of health. Sponge-like health for bosses is not what making content better, It's the mechanics. And I like the solo for what it is for the most part.
    • Like x 1
  10. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Ok, if you think this way, same goes to you. Make a video about a cr430 Atomic might without artswap running solo elite under 3:40. When you done, we can get back to powers/prec are broken or not. Thank you

When I write power balance that includes what you mentioned. That's good if you noticed these things in different powers. But the list goes on. You can call it sc balance, supressor turret, etc, I call it unbalance. Doesn't matter. But need to fix them!
    I don't mind if they keep artswap just remove the effects in that moment when they are swapped out. At current state it's a madness what and how many effects can stack each other in same time.
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

Those Iconic Simulation Solos are great for polishing up your counter game. I still hate them, though.
    • Like x 2
  12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Now now, don't go around being jealous of people because you are not the top dog of the community, it's really pathetic.

Experienced players who can crush instances do exist, but they were too obfuscated by people who don't know how to play the game without being too overpowered against challenges.

If you are willing to wait two weeks, as I have plent of things in my book, I can go back to the game and do the solo elite for you. I can even post screenshots.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Maybe I should repeat it again??
    Usually 3rd time's the charm?? ;)

Ever hear the story of the boy who cried wolf??
    If people keep on saying content is too hard for any content...
    when we do get content that is truely too hard.... no one will listen by then.

Yes content should not be too hard.... and we should say something when content IS too hard.... but this is not it.

Why would both way not be allowed??
    What is the point of having a Shield if it does not protect you??? if damages goes right through your shield??
    Why should using the mechanics be the only way??

There are mechanics that go right through shields... pretty unfair for Ice Tank....
    not an issue with Fire since you don't really use shield and can still heal yourself fine.

I don't show how to complete content in 3:40 minutes..... that is OxidineShill's job. ;) ;) (Sorry Chill.... could not resist ;) )

I show people how to complete content when they say they cannot complete it.
    Don't care how long it takes.... I show them it can be done...
    and I even try to show them ways to do it that everyone can use.

I will show that they can interrupt the Boss... or CC it.... or survive thanks to using shields... etc.

Sometimes I will go as far as showing it with no SP... no Artifacts....
    and using Iconic Powers that everyone has access too.

If you need to complete content under 3:40 minutes??? can't help you there.
    The point is completing the content.
    Unless there is a speed feat.... completing it in 3:40 minutes... or in 53 minutes...... does not matter.
    You don't get extra points for finishing it in less then 3:40 minutes.

And I don't make videos to show how awesome I am at finishing content in 3 minutes.
    I make content to help people find ways that will help them to finish the content.

Now once more to the breach dear friends..... once more..... ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Geez, you can talk a lot about nothing...
    So you're saying finishing an instance with unbalanced, broken powers and exploited artswapping with ignoring mechanics that devs were working on to make the instance to be challenging is equal with regural run. Gg, nice conclusion. You truly don't see the bigger picture. So let exploit the whole game, even speedhacking, who cares until poeple can decide which way want they play, right? Omg, this blabla...
    Ofc you can't run it in 3:40 because it's impossible. Or not? When need to prove that prec+broken powers+artswap > might, you run away. Next time please save your time and show me only evidences. Oh, is it not your job? Then why the heck do you interrupt conversations? All other worlds are just nonsense you talking here.

BUT, I respect that you help others. Carry on. Just don't interfere things you don't have any clue on just because you wanna show yourself everywhere as a hero. Thx
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yea but at what point do you consider the speed at which the solo is completed to be "broken", that's the trouble with this almost continually no one wants to front up with parameters to determine when damage output is or isn't broken.
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No.

I am saying Mechanics should not be the only way to complete the content.

YOU are the one obsessing over Exploits and "Broken" Powers... or Art swapping.

Not at all what I am talking about.

If you take the effort to have some extra Shields in your loadout.... you should not be penalized because some Devs are obscessed with Mechanics.

When there is Mechanics that ignores your Shield..... it feels a bit lazy and it feels like the Devs are Artificially increasing the difficulty.
    Almost feel like a cheat when Mechanics go through your Shield.
    If you play Fire... not really an issue....
    If you play Ice.... too bad.... your Shields are now useless most of the time.
    Or if you play a Troll with Strong Shields.

When you use a Shield to protect yourself....
    and damage goes through it because someone decided that using a Shield was not the approved strategy to complete the content..... it feels cheap and lazy.... and Not because of Broken Weapons or Art Swap.
    Trying to force people to use only 1 solution is what feels cheap.

There should be more then one way to skin a Bat.

Nothing to do with exploiting the game.

I mentioned Shields.... but that is just 1 example.
    CC the Boss at the right time... assuming you can CC the Boss.
    If you get the timing right... you can stop the Boss from using an attack with the right timing.

Again.... nothing to do with Broken Powers.

But good job missing the point.

Being condescending does not help you make your point... or make you look smarter.

Enjoy the rest of your day anyway. ;)
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Question - how is that any different from me just putting on a shield and then ignoring every single mechanic they throw at me, because I can do that, does that make the shield an exploit?
  18. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Well, it's very hard to determine indeed. You can see in the video the guy did his best, not mentioning this is not his only one speed run video. So this should be the starting point. That's why I asked to make a video with atomic might and we can see the difference. I think its best should be around 5 min not less (5 min is already a very good run imo).
    If you ask me how much his pharsers are, I would say single target base 250-300k without buffs or artswap which is an insane dmg by itself. If you're familiar in st damage at cr430, you know the average base dmg is around 200-250k with the best might powers and loadouts.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

So, if a player running something off meta got the solo done in around 5minutes you'd be happy, if for the sake of this argument we call that guy's try hard video at 3:40 the peak meta?
  20. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Ok, we're talking about completly different things and you lost me at this point, sorry, it's just... :eek:

"I am saying Mechanics should not be the only way to complete the content."
    Looool

Have a nice day! ;)