Need to rename Brit; taking suggestions

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Brit, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Brit Loyal Player

My character, "Great Brit", is named after my step-daughter Brittany. When she was 12, she used to enjoy playing dress-up on the character, and we had a jolly ol' time together.

Now she's 14 and she's a snotty brat who hates me (aka, a teenager). Over the past two months, she has become increasingly disruptive to my gameplay about not wanting me to "play her person" anymore. The name is not worth the headache.

So I'm taking suggestions for a namechange to get her off my back. No Xs or numbers or junk like that obviously, and while I chiefly Heal, I do regularly swap between Nature and Sorcery so I can't be really Powerset Specific in the name. I'm hoping some of the EU players can point me the direction of something generally British enough that I can move forward with the theme of the character, but without having the tie directly to the name "Brit".

Alternatively, I could move to a slightly more Australian theme to the character, given the Oceanic members of my League, but Super Sheila just doesn't zing for me.
  2. Ilunis Dedicated Player

Given the situation, "Great Brat" would work.
    • Like x 13
  3. Bishop New Player

Flying Scotsman?

Bishop
  4. Sammy333 New Player

/thread
    • Like x 2
  5. renzhe New Player

bee's knees
  6. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

Bicycle Repairman
  7. Anhur Committed Player

A sad day for any recognised character being forced to change their name!

"Beeb" - slang for BBC (British Broadcasting Company).
    "Bobby" - slang for a British policeofficer (works with being a hero).
    "Cockney" - short for cockney rhyming slang (you'd likely not get away with it, so change it to Cokni?).
    "Limey" - slang for British people (a throw back to British sailors/seamen and they penchant for rationing limes to stave off scurvy).

And my personal favorite, "Pommy" / "Pommie" - in Aus, NZ and SA it is slang for a person of English heritage (less commonly for British or UK but still associated) so it fits the British and Aus themes.
  8. Rahiel New Player

This is almost definitely too terrible of a pun, but it popped into my head and I might as well offer:
    Winston Churcheal
    • Like x 5
  9. Anhur Committed Player

Quality!
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

Winnah!
  11. TheLoneLantern New Player

Personally, I think names that one makes are better than what others suggest, but I'll try and help. So, I know that your character is british-themed and is a healer. Can you provide a little more background? I think it's safe to assume that your character is female, and since there aren't any gender respec tokens, this won't be changing anytime soon. What kind of british-theme are you going for? Special Forces? Ex-cop? Barber? Dentist? (lol @last one)

If you sometimes use the nature powerset, I think involving Thatcher in the name could work, since "thatcher" sounds plant-like.
  12. Liongale Dedicated Player

Ah, my friend has a younger sister that that happened to. Was nice and sweet, two years later, turned into a demon from hell (and has been that way ever since).

Anyway! Maybe you can think of an in-character transition for your character. Like how Marvel Boy of the old New Warriors turned his name into Justice after a life-changing event. Dunno any names off the top of my head, but willing to brainstorm.
  13. M15TER ROBOT0 New Player

you like to heal, and are in toon a british female. Bandage Bird.

bet you its not taken ;)
  14. Tesseract Prime Dedicated Player

Commonhealth.
    • Like x 1
  15. Breakforce Loyal Player

Jeremy Clarkson
  16. Battle Man Committed Player

Beef Wellington
  17. WorldsDown New Player

Margaret Patcher (since the toon's a healer)
    • Like x 1
  18. Apostate Rising Dedicated Player

now i wanna maple bacon donut.
  19. GrimmwoodBlack Well-Known Player

Avalon Sorceress
  20. Spidersting Committed Player

Frances Hoggan (1843–1927) First British woman to receive a doctorate in medicine (1870).