Remove the mob packs at the rallying point for the TD alert

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Aug 17, 2023.

1. Tolly Committed Player

A rally point is supposed to be a safe zone where mobs can't reach you or prevent you from spwaning properly, but in this alert people want to be able to skip adds, but when it happens like that it becomes very complicated if a dead person appears in this unkilled mob pack.

Could you remove this misplaced mob pack? Or move the rally point to a safe area?
    • Like x 4
  2. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'd like to second that. This is the only game I've ever played that has the respawn point be in the middle of a group of enemies. Last night, I was with one group that was waiting for me over by the temple where you pick a weapon, and i kept getting knocked out by the adds in front of the Wonder Woman statue, and then respawning right in the middle of them. Sure, I managed to take them all out by myself, but it took 2 or 3 respawns to do it because most of my ability tray was on cooldown half the time.

It's extremely frustrating, especially when everyone else can't be bothered to go bail out the player whose health keeps dropping as soon as they respawn.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dev72 Dedicated Player

In the alternative, you could just save time by just killing ads that only take less than 5 seconds to kill in the event there is a KO?

Of course this community isn't known for that kind of forward thinking though.
    • Like x 9
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I agree, mobs at a rally point is kind of jerky, there are only about 4 of them there. Personally, if I'm skipping (and I try to most runs), I will still kill these adds, for this very reason, to make the spawn safe for rally/respawn. I like rallying after the 2 side bosses vs dealing with the adds (especially if I'm NOT on a flyer), so I like that spot cleared if possible.

I'm a big fan of skipping if it's done right...leaving those adds is NOT doing it right. But agroing 90% of the adds on the map and dragging them through the whole map isn't doing it right either....and that happens almost every run with randos. Standing at the side bosses yelling 'skip adds' while 1 or 2 guys keep getting killed 10x over because they can't make it...well, let's just say there's a lot 'not right' about most runs in there.
    • Like x 5
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

For some reason, over half of the groups I've been in just want to bypass all the adds in that alert, never mind the fact that if you go past them they will follow you until they catch up with you. I prefer to take them out in small groups as I come across them, because I'm going to have to fight them anyway, so why take a chance on getting overwhelmed? Or having the one non-flying player suddenly get ambushed by a group of 10-12 adds when they try to go through one of the many choke points?

But still, that area should not be a rally point while there are enemies there.
    • Like x 1
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Exactly. I don't mind skipping adds, if that's what everyone else wants to do, but that is a group that should never be skipped. But the fact is, a lot of groups will skip them, so it shouldn't unlock as a rally point, just because someone entered the room. Not until it's been cleared.

Edit: Wow, okay. I thought I'd gotten over the frustration from last night, but I guess it's still bugging me, lol.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If done right, you can pass ALMOST all of them, the ones you HAVE to fight (or drag) is far less. There is pack at the entrance, the pack at the first flag with the officer mixed in, the single officer at the 2nd flag, the single officer at the 3rd....although she sometimes goes to the group by the 3rd flag, then you have to fight them. The group at the forward rally point and the 2 groups at the bottom of the stairs after running the cog on the statue (and those can be bypassed if you are slick).

What kills me is when someone IS dragging the entire map, and you go to the temple 2nd, you can easily stand on the flower bed over to the right and lose agro in like 30-40 seconds. Yet, no one will do that. They'd rather have 20+ adds all waiting outside the door to fight after, which generally will take longer, and end up in someone dying...a wipe even if in Elite. Although I will usually get through clean, I will go to the flowers and see if anyone else joins....they don't most times, and definitely not the guy who just activated the whole island's population. I honestly think it's some weird ego trip for some to see how many they can agro with still getting through...ducking out quick at the end of the run most times.

People need different hobbies.
    • Like x 5
  8. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I have done this alert a bunch of times and every group I get in just skips over those adds even though I kinda think along the line you just mentioned. Its frustrating at times to get in some of these groups where they have no idea of what to do.
    • Like x 1
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Only once or twice have I been in group that did the bare minimum to activate the flags, and both times we had to go back and recapture the middle flag, because it had been retaken by one of the groups we skipped, who were right next to the flag. Sure saved a lot of time there, didn't we? :D

Yeah, I swear sometimes there's always that one DPS that wants to drag the entire map, just to see if they can. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

If your team is skipping, kill those adds. Doesn't actually lose much time on the farm.

Yes, it's weird that they put the spawn point in a weird spot like that, but this content came out in like 2014... They wont go back and change it, unless it's broken or goes against something bigger. (Like when they adjusted the health or they did the stats revamp.)
    • Like x 3
  11. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Yeah, it is a bit frustrating. The narrow minded view is to rush through the content as quick as possible and can be a detriment; which I get to a point, especially behind multiple toons and counter feats....
    • Like x 3
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I usually try to, but unfortunately some of my alts just don't have the power to handle the entire group solo. Yeah, that's a me problem, I know.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

Naw, it's a group problem. Some players skip and don't think of the teammates in a random queue. If your group is skipping for the farm, kill those adds, otherwise your whole team will probably suffer, because one player gets stuck at the respawn point.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

If you don't die, you don't need the rally point.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  15. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I'v ran this alert over 50x since stu been released and regarding the adds. skipping is way faster when you skip adds.i'v had 6 minute runs but also had 20 minute runs cause weak dps want to kill everything. Back when this first came out most of the community was Flight not superspeed and if you know how to fly the right routes you do not get agro at all which most know how to do this back in the day. Its just not alt friendly to always get bad groups and have to kill everything. And if one person is on board to skip i will switch to heal or tank to get it done fast. You want to kill adds fine but i will ditch you and no I won't die if your not there. If you want to try to kill add run try lfg see how fast you get a group.
    • Like x 3
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry, but that's not how it works. The recaptures are timed. The adds who recapture are harpys, not amazonians. If you were taking enough time that the middle flag was retaken, the first flag should also have been retaken unless someone skipped the cog and then went back and activated it after the 2nd was activated...and you'd have to have spent a long time on the 3rd flag to allow enough time anyway, so they weren't doing the bare minimum there....or were doing it very badly.

I'm not trying to be smug, but I've done this run probably 500+ times, and always leave the adds by the flags, although they are fighting....they aren't going after the flags...it's the harpys that aren't even there on the first pass so you can't dispatch them.

If you don't believe me, clear all the adds from the flag, run the cog and wait. The harpys arrive about 2-3 min after the cog is turned if all 3 are not all done by then, whether there are adds around or not.

EDIT:....unless that was some sort of joke....in which case...good joke.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I rally after the 2 side bosses....faster than flying over even...way faster than dragging or killing all the side adds even with your speedy boys in the run.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

If I'm on a toon that can handle it, I'll just start the boss. By the time they've killed everyone on the island, the boss is generally down and we can all move along.
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Nah. There was one time I saw hostiles that we left, running in that direction, so I assumed that the times the flag had been retaken, it was the adds we'd left behind. Mea culpa.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

If it causes your death cause you rally in to adds though then that's on the player.