Can we please have the option to remove favour from our Allies…

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SonGoku, Jun 6, 2023.

1. SonGoku Level 30

There will soon be 23 Allies in the game, It won’t be long until that number becomes 30,40,50 etc… I know the original plan for allies was “catch ‘em all” type, but with how resource intensive and how slow we gain ally favor, is this really so unreasonable to ask for?

In comparison to artifacts, we have the ability to fortify into other arts, x2 xp fortification events, double nth drops AND nth metal detectors! For allies we have only doubled ally favor drops.

Can this at least be discussed? I’m always thinking twice about levelling an ally because of the finality of it all. Especially how only legendary allies seem to be releasing recently, and not epic and rares.

And I know “you don’t have to get them!” That isn’t my point, my point is I have over 2M worth of ally xp sitting on allies that will most likely never be used again due to changing roles/powers and new ones coming out turning old ones more or less, obsolete…

I don’t think this is too much to ask that we be able to remove ally favor from an ally at a -50% cost
    • Like x 11
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It's a great idea, but likely will not gain traction. Several posts have been made making this request and even giving clever ways that you could squeeze it in that wouldn't sound like you are 'eating' Batman to put his favor into Superman (for example).

But, sadly, you already hit the nail on the head...you don't need to level them all. If you did so in the past, the only thing you can do is learn from that mistake and be more selective in the future. They seem opposed to the idea of giving that favor back to us in any fashion.

But good luck trying. I wouldn't mind feeding the few I don't use to a new one.
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They are designed as a “collect them all” not “max them all”. You can have them all and have them unranked. Players like comparing them to artifacts saying that “you can feed arts so why not allies?”.

Artifacts take up a lot more experience to max. 1,678,722 xp vs 300,000 favor
    Allies also have 100% breakthrough chance
    Nth drops and favor drops at nearly the same rate

The speed at which we can max out a legendary ally is far faster than leveling an art. I’m personally glad they are not like arts. If these functions were allowed who is to say they would add the other functions like needing seals or needing over 1m favor?
  4. Skille Well-Known Player

You also get Ally favor from time capsules. 20k sometimes. I've had 100s of keys by just saving up.
    There is plenty of ally favor in the game. lol
  5. SonGoku Level 30

Okay. Collect them all, 500sm or $20 to then do what with? Have them stay at rank 1 and do nothing? Spend 50k ally favor and barely unlock first passive? A disingenuous argument at best

I’ve maxed out multiple artifacts during x2 events which would still be 678k per art, comparing the same amount of ally favor at 300k, maybe 3? At best? But saying that, there is also nth detectors and caches, something ally favor doesn’t have, but you also can’t open a time capsule and get the equivalent of 20k ally favor in nth metal… so… and I’ve also been using all free stabilizers on luthor capsules and picking the favor, they still don’t come close

Even if maxing an ally is quicker, you’re content with having millions of ally xp lost in the void? They will continue to release stronger allies than the last. Atleast with artifacts this isn’t a problem! Who’s to say they won’t require 1m ally xp and seals in the future regardless?

There is really no downside to letting players recover -50% ally favor from an ally. It would mean more people would level up allies they would otherwise not
    • Like x 1
  6. SonGoku Level 30

You can also get nothing from them… it’s not guaranteed
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s disingenuous to say you don’t need to max them all? Sorry but no. No one is forcing you to max them all out. Most passive effects are also not required to be levied past a certain point. Look at Batman’s radar passive. You can leave it at 6. Look at queen Diana’s combat. She taunts the same duration regardless of rank. Most passives aren’t even that useful, even upon release. They were also very open about the fact you wouldn’t be able to feed ally’s ahead of time. So we were always aware that we needed to be careful with what we level.

Now, with that said, you tried bringing up bonus weeks that artifacts have that allies do not have. Not sure why you brought that up as if I was opposed to similar bonus being offered. I’ve never been against bonuses being created to make allies easier to level. There should be a double favor exp week.
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, that's the sentence that's disingenuous, You might not have to max them all, but they're also not a repository of iconic super hero icons you just open to peruse while rubbing your beard either. :D
    • Like x 3
  9. SonGoku Level 30

It’s disingenuous to say it’s fine for something that costs 500 source marks alone to purchase (or $20) and then hundreds or thousands of source marks to level up along with dumping a resource that is not easily obtainable by coming with “but you don’t have to!”. Allies are essentially useless the moment they release a better one, and you’re now -5k source marks and -300k ally favor with no way of recovering even a smidge of it back. You can also use that line of arguing for literally anything on the planet.

“Can’t afford a house? Nobody said you have to own one! Rent until you die!”
    “Can’t afford a car? Walk! Nobody is forcing you!”
    “You don’t have to eat 3 meals a day! 1 is fine!”
    “Nobody said you had to live by yourself, rent with multiple people!”

Are you even a real person? I really can’t fathom why someone would be so against this other than for the sake of being against something. I didn’t bring up the events and multiple resources that artifacts have over allies as some sort of “gotcha” moment, just stating the truth, and you’re bringing up that they have made it clear from the beginning with allies, like that is supposed to also mean something? Things can’t change?

They’ve made episodes free, added a stat clamp, stats revamp, added the destiny tokens allowing us to buy seals of completion and hundreds of other updates and changes that were also once “we’re making this clear”. What kind of mindset do you have where “once said now shall be written in stone”?
    • Like x 1
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

It’s not thou. It’d be disingenuous if it were stated that you didn’t need to max them all and them they made so that if you didn’t max them all you’d be penalized which is mot the case. The only thing “forcing” us to max them as they come out is self imposed rule that you have to have every new toy as they come out or else you will lose out on something. Before black Adam came out I only had batman who laughs and cyborg for passives with krypto as a combat. I never felt any need to max out other allies just because some were saying you “had to have x ally to do damage”. I still only have a single support ally maxed out other than Ivy and that the only because I actually wanted to get it. I don’t have superman to use as an AoE combat ally. I do just fine with cyborg. I finally ended up maxing bwl on my HL alt (2nd toon) just because I had so much favor saved up. I have all this favor because I don’t feel the need to max every ally. I just level what I need. I do not feel pressured to max out anything.

You’re only down all the marks if you spend them all to max them out.

Also, comparing “needing to eat 3x to needing all allies max”? Lol sorry what?

Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean I’m arguing to argue. That’s a very childish view to have. I just don’t think it’s needed. If I’m told I won’t be allowed to do get something back after using it then guess what? I won’t be throwing a hissy fit because I feel entitled to do so. They told us that we wouldn’t feed allies into other allies. This was made clear from the start. So now we have to be able to do so because more allies came out? What made you think new allies, better allies wouldn’t come out? From the start I told people that better things would come out. I even compared early allies to early arts. The starting arts had weak passives compared the ones we have now. It was obvious that better allies were coming out. Now people want to act surprised? Lol
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

No I agreed with you that you don't need to "max" them I just agreed it was disingenuous to suggest they don't need to be leveled at all ;)

Of course the reality is there's pressure to at least level them to passive activation
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ahhhh gotcha lol. Long day ok…. Lol

I do think things could be made easier like offering more events for allies like they do for arts. They made it so that double nth drops also dropped double ally favor during the last (few?) double nth drop week. Making it so that double art exp week also allowed for double ally favor would be a major boost. And tbf that alone would be enough since 150k favor is very manageable.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Fixed that for you. Anyone feeling pressure for any of this nonsense is creating it in their own head. Can a specific ally help you out over another? Sure. Is anyone going to NOT pick you up because you have one ally over another as they might with one arti vs another or one power vs another or a certain SP level? Doubtful. Maybe you are inspecting people's allies, I'd wager you are in the minority.

Can you honestly say that anyone has ever asked you what ally you are running when joining a group? That's really the only pressure we can exert on each other in this game. "Comply or do not get picked up by my group.", and even that pressure is only as strong as you allow it to impact you.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

No you didn't fix it for me Reinheld, if there wasn't a pressure on all players to level to passive activation then the passives wouldn't exist in the first place, sorry you can't mince that reality, don't even try.

These allies are created to appeal and created to sell to the player, whether they all succeed is another question, not all allies appeal to everyone but don't pretend the system is something it isn't. I'm talking about the ally system generally and that's what it is/does intend to achieve.
    • Like x 1
  15. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Summoning allies for no reason should remove favor. Allies would start treating you like a robocall and block your number.
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

This is also apparent with the mere fact you can't even slot them until reaching these levels, ain't it? Oh boy the disappointment I constantly hear when new players find out "why" they can't equip their allies to the other slots ;/
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So....what pressure is applied to me or anyone else to own or level say....Harley Quinn...to passive level? What pressure is applied...and where from? FOMO a user might feel because they don't have every option is not applied TO you....it's something you apply to yourself.

The Ice Cream man came by the house the other day....I really felt the pressure to buy both the Ice Cream cookie sandwich and the Drumstick....yet, I don't remember the Ice Cream man or the kids also standing by the truck window applying any TO me. It was internal only, much like the 'pressure' of wanting to own or level all the allies is.

BTW.....I chose the drumstick and said NO to the pressure.
    • Like x 1
  18. SonGoku Level 30

Okay, say you haven’t maxed them out but gotten them to level 6, that’s still a considerable amount of SM and favor gone. Never to be seen again, for no reason.

Who’s comparing needing to eat 3x to needing to max all allies? I said you can use that argument for anything and it’s an easy way out.

I see you on most threads seemingly arguing for the sake of arguing, trying to get your post count up maybe? I’m starting to think you’re actually an AI and not a real person. Or are you the kind of guy who would defend his CEO’s $10M bonus while giving the rest of the employees old pizza in the break room as their bonus?

When your job offers you a payrise do you decline because they made it clear in the interview prior to accepting the job, that your pay rate would be X? No? Huh.

“They said one thing in the beginning, now YOU DARE request change!? B-b-but they said!!” Yeah, hopefully you’re not part of a union or any kind of movement. What a literal insane notion to request change.

It was also made clear from the start of the game that episodes were paid DLC. Did your brain explode when they decided to change that?

This change would only benefit players and let them try new allies and helps should they decide to change role. Unless you’re a board member or an investor, to be vehemently against this such as you are is… something else.
    • Like x 2
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

No, it wouldn’t “just benefit players”. Anyone who has even a basic understanding of business knows that if they made a change like this they would then make adjustments elsewhere. You can’t feed arts so you should be able to feed allies. Ok now you can feed allies but now allies require more favor. Now you have to use a seal for a breakthrough.

You compared allies to arts but fail to acknowledge that they are far more forgiving and player friendly than arts ever will be.

And again, you making statements like “you must be an AI because you don’t agree with me” if a very idiotic and childish way of thinking. I’m just not entitled. And guess what, in a company I used to manage before I actually did turn down a pay raise. I asked them to instead allow me to use the raise to give to someone else and allow me to promote them and create a new title within the company. This allowed me to be paid the same amount while unloading some of my responsibilities to said person. I actually like to use my brain.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Cut it out Reinheld, you're just playing to your forum title and you know it.

The pressure is just the normal pressure you feel from a system attempting to sell you something that same pressure that exists within a supermarket when it tries to sell you chocolate.

Yes, you don't have to buy them, but don't pretend like the system isn't trying to pressure you into buying something by offering something appealing, again the allies are designed to sell and designed to appeal therefore there is pressure placed on the consumer to purchase, that pressure is applied by Dimensional Ink because they're trying to sell you something.

The choice to invest is ultimately yours, never contested that point, but you also can't pretend like the system is something it isn't and the benefits provided by some of these allies are tangible if you're playing the game beyond a casual level.
    • Like x 4