Eog ep45

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by not serious, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Rejchadar Inquisitor

And if I say that being pro-clamper, I also support the nerf of EoG (in fact, I believe that the group aspect of the supercharge regen should be replaced with an individual one (which in the eyes of supporters of the EoG "play-style" is even stronger nerf than that proposed by the developers.. .)) you will not be very upset? :oops:
    • Like x 3
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... You really have a one track mind, don't you? I like the fact, that players' skills matter in the lower tiers and that lower CR players can outperform crappy EG ones, when the latter can't hide behind their gear. I also have some EoGs and I know, that using it can make a lot of challenges of clamped EEG trivial. So - I would guess - many of the same people, who can't cope with EEG being a bit harder since the clamp, also will be most affected by the loss of the crutch, that is constant SC spam and leeching damage of better DPS.

You act as if you were the only one, who's stats were clamped. Everyone got the same treatment, so it's not exactly the same as nerfs of particular artifacts, which only really affect people who rely on them. The lesson that should be learned from both cases, though, is that if you're relying on overpowered gear rather than on your skills - you're likely to have a rude awakening at some point.
    • Like x 2
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Doesn't matter to me. Everything negative has already been done to me in Aug. 2021.
    • Like x 1
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

They trivialized something that mattered a lot to me, that I put time into, effort into, and money into, all for nothing now. Pro-clampers delighted in mocking those of us who felt cheated, including yourself as I recall. The mocking by Pro-clampers is what really infuriated me more than the stat clamp itself. Your side won, but your side aren't gracious winners.
    • Like x 1
  5. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

So it's an ego thing, no problem, glad we're on the same page now.
  6. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

It's not all for nothing. Artifacts still work with the clamp, and your stats, augments and skill points can still make a difference. I'm not entirely sure how much but they do make a difference even with the clamp.
    • Like x 3
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yes Pro-clampers have a terribly big ego that doesn't allow for anyone else to disagree with them or have a difference of opinion.
  8. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Anti-clampers think they should get it all without learning anything. It doesn't do you any good. Not having the clamp is like having an enabler parent that supports your crack addiction. It's still easy. You just have to actually be good.
    • Like x 1
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

The clamp didn't trivialize anything - quite the opposite. It made skills and knowledge of the game's mechanics important throughout the content. And people, who until then felt like demi-gods, lording their stats over newer players in lower tiers, kind of brought whatever mockery you speak of on themselves, when few points of CR difference couldn't automatically make them top of the scorecard anymore.

Still, everyone's stats are equalized in EEG, so I don't see how you've been affected worse than other EG players, especially that as a long-time player you still have the advantage of SP, 200 arts, stat piercing and - potentially - skills and knowledge of the mechanics. If all that mattered to you was the stats, that can be easily gained, just by grinding easy content for a long time, or paying to win - I can understand your disappointment, but I find it hard to sympathize, because I prefer games that require actual improvement, not just mindless grind.

You speak of "graceless winners", but then you seem to relish anguish of others, when their EoG crutch is being kicked out from underneath them, as long as you don't think you're being affected. I - for one - am happy with the clamp and have no problem with any particular OP artifact being nerfed. Good players can cope with changes.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

None of you still get it. It's has nothing to do with it being easier or harder! It's like after payday, your boss comes back after the fact and takes a big percentage of your pay away from you because you made too much money than the new person.
    • Like x 1
  11. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

lol... No, it's more like after you've been overpaid for a long time for doing a poor job, your boss told you, that you and the new person are going to be paid on merit. So now the new person can earn more, if they're better than you. Just because you've been warming a seat for a long time doesn't mean you deserve preferential treatment.
    • Like x 1
  12. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

That isn't what happened though. Not even close.

Also similar to discussions elsewhere, you put said money into a virtual game, to quote Mr J "you pays your money, you takes your chances"
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I may be wrong, but that point is not a bad or good skill, but the fact that at the very beginning of the clamp, the side about the pro clampers, instead of trying to understand the feelings, sensations and motives of the other side, behaved aggressively, insultingly at every second step and strawmaning instead of answering the real arguments of the other side ... in the end, this gave rise to resentment ...
    • Like x 2
  14. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

The resentment comes from the same place most of their arguments come from, entitlement. It's the exact same argument that people dont want the EoG nerf because they spent/money time. Tiffany literally just said that her stats were taken after investing her time/money.

The pro-clampers didn't have much to understand in terms of the other side, because most of their arguments come from that sense of the game owes them something for playing. To this day, I still haven't seen one good argument in favour of removing the clamp, and I doubt I ever will. Difficult feats are still doable, gameplay feels better in older content and there's no loot locks. What's the counter-argument here? I feel weaker so therefore it's bad? All anti-clampers possess this horrific sense of ego and entitlement when they are actively trying to do less work than others to achieve the same results.
  15. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

I don't know. I wasn't playing the game, when the clamp happened. But I've seen some fairly recent anti-clamp threads and posts on the forums and I find it difficult to believe, that aggression, insults and poor arguments could at any point be attributed to just one side of this - fairly pointless - debate. "Pro-clampers" don't make decisions about the game, they're not the ones to be convinced. Same as with the EoG discussions, where many of those opposed to the nerf responded right off the bat with childish tantrums and insults directed at those, who considered EoG overpowered.
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I literally want to scream right now, I already did put in the extra work, I played the game as it was intended and honed my skills. I "got guud" only to find this effort was wasted, those replay badges were wasted, my time was wasted trying to be the best. What is the point of it anymore? I no longer go out of my way to level up, I still haven't even leveled my op head piece from SOBA, it just doesn't matter. Everything gets nerfed in EEG and we are all made equal as you stated above. What difference does it make? It's been reduced to being a mobile game now instead of a great MMO.
    • Like x 2
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

As I stated elsewhere also, lesson learned the hard way. I will spend $ on cosmetics, base items, and maybe the new emotes, but no long on replay badges or DC Cash to buy the items needed for leveling up arts & op gear.
    • Like x 2
  18. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Nothing in EEG gets nerfed. Everything gets scaled. If you have more sp, higher CR and better arts/allies, you have more in clamped content than someone with less of those things. What you don't have is an ungodly advantage over said content. It's not hard to comprehend.
    • Like x 1
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

What difference would your OP head make, if - like before the clamp - every enemy in EEG raids died from a single hit, even when wearing green SoBA gear? And how were your skills "wasted", unless by "skills" you mean "gear"?
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

And if a person waited for several years and saved up strength in order to send Darkseid into a deep knockout with one blow of a stool? Different play styles, different way to have fun...
    this is a pointless debate.... what makes sense is to show a little empathy and refrain from getting personal ... alas, this was not done in that memorable topic ...
    • Like x 2