Daybreak Global downtime April 5th

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. Eve YouTuber

• Like x 3
  3. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Must be swapping out old hardware since no changes to the game will be made. They’re moving to Windows 11 maybe!!!!
    • Like x 6
  4. Eve YouTuber

Could be!
    • Like x 3
  5. Limey Committed Player

Hopefully hardware/software upgrades, seems like they're pushing for performance upgrades and improvements, hopefully in connection with next gen client development, and along with it, improvements to the existing PC client. But likewise, it could also be a simple restructuring of their server infrastructure to maintain current performance levels while reducing costs related to running and maintaining the servers. Or a combination of both.

Heres hoping we get some free replay badges out of it. :D
    • Like x 3
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That would be nice to get. Since there was no mention of anything try not to get your hopes up. Maybe they are just adding more hardware in expectation of there being a lot of players trying out Shock to the System.
    • Like x 2
  7. Eve YouTuber

If it also effects forums logins could be related to them upgrading the forums?
    • Like x 2
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

That is also a possibility. Most likely one of the servers being replaced hosts the Forum, which would mean it would be inaccessible since technically it wouldn’t exist anymore as a result of being disconnected from the Internet.
    • Like x 3
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

As long as it doesn't break compatibility with Windows 7. I really can't afford Windows 11.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Windows 10 works really well with a program called “Classic Shell”, it gives you the Windows 7 start menu. And I think Windows 10 is still available for a free upgrade from Windows 7. We had a Windows 7 machine here at the office the IT guys updated for free to Windows 10 like last week I think it was.
    • Like x 3
  11. Faelwolf Active Player

You can still upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 right now, and for free. They never really discontinued the free upgrade program (though they said they did). Just may have to dig around a bit to find it at this point.
    • Like x 2
  12. Limey Committed Player

The thing that makes me think it's not completely replacing the forums servers is the fact that it mentions read-only access to forums and websites. Which means they could be backing up everything, or migrating/copying the contents. That being said, a migration/copy of data could be onto new servers, which they will then bring online before taking the old servers offline to avoid any interruption of visibility/access. Likewise, the read-only access could be provided from backup servers that aren't having any work done with them, while the main servers are brought down for hardware or software upgrades. Hard to say without any information from the company's IT department.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

gee i wonder whats gonna be broken this time around
  14. beardrive Committed Player

I love updates that don't contain content! It means that stuff is getting fixed and the game is more playable. I'd rather have a globally playable game than just a game with new stuff for one DLC, or one event. Thanks for the upgrades!
    • Like x 1
  15. Limey Committed Player

Your ability to be positive? Oh wait, that's already broken. ;)

Thankfully this game is far more playable than all the negative Karens want to admit, but improved server performance and/or less latency issues would be fantastic. I'm hoping EG7 is investing in upgrades to Daybreaks infrastructure so it's current titles will continue to be sustainable for years to come.
  16. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

you assume i was ever positive to begin with......
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Yep yep very true. About the only thing we can say for certain is it will improve the reliability and longevity of the game by reducing any remaining weak point that cause lag and ensuring the hardware is capable of running future operating systems.
    • Like x 2
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

You mean, like all the people that sign on and then spend the next couple of hours crying on LFG that this game is broken, it needs to be scrapped, they need to just shut down the servers, and all that?

I never understand why, if someone hates a game that much, they take the trouble to start it up, log in, and then spend all their time whining about it. :p
    • Like x 3
  19. the solowing Unwavering Player

Read only forum!?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

Let's not result to insults no matter if you disagree with each other.
    • Like x 2