What do randos expect?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnboundHeavenlyDemon, Mar 2, 2023.

1. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

When you queue something,you expect to get in,get it done & get out correct?if you know the content & can do something if asked and if people agree then sure but why do people expect the impossible in certain raid content with randos including yourself?You know the mechanics,inspected people & immediately thought,it can’t be done but some of them not knowing the content think it can be done.Why are random people who don’t understand the game always do this?do you have to waste other people’s time?if they don’t consent then you kick them just to be an a hole because you didn’t got your way.

what do you guys think?did something like this ever happened to you?
    • Like x 3
  2. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Explain exactly what happened that got you kicked out what was asked of you etc
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

When you queue with randos you should expect that person queued in with the minimum CR available and them having 0 artifacts. Therefore excluding yourself you should expect the group as a whole to be doing 162% less damage than a normal run everytime you queue with randos. 162 is due to artifacts accounting for 54% of your total damage. That number goes up if you assume they dont have pets, supply drop, orbital, henchmen, etc.

A random encounter is exactly that. A luck of the draw. Sometimes you get above average players and more times than not you get players below average.
    • Like x 2
  4. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

we got the paradox wave raid and immediately without anyone saying anything they started the fight and I went inside the tunnels & it was before the boss got started then I said tunnels and people started talking bs and stuff and I said that this doesn’t work with randos specially when i inspected tye dps and trolls and some others plus I don’t want to waste my time trying and wasting my valuable time on a raid I know it’s mechanics off that can’t be done with randos
  5. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I agree but people in general shouldn’t force others to do something they don’t want to do then kick them just because they disagree with the others.You can’t expect to waste other people’s time when you don’t know how much they got to play imho
    • Like x 1
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Oh god is Omni drops paradox … declining no way am I goin in there with random strangers
    • Like x 3
  7. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I’ll do that next time because it’s a headache to do that one with randos :(
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Omni runs… grrrrr. This is another reason why I only agree to Omni runs when it is with my other league mates, otherwise I am strictly End Game content. I am fortunate to have a league to run Omni missions with, and my circumstances are not indicative of others.

These players seem to not think or I should say fail to realize not everyone who has queued up for the same mission as they have the same agenda. If they are wanting to obtain a feat, it is their responsibility to make it well known to all, and communicate their goal.

In your situation, if they had stated their objective, and after your inspection of the players, you gave your evaluation as to the chances of success given the current’s group’s stats/abilities and they still insisted on pressing on, I would have left rather than giving them the satisfaction of kicking me. Sorry for the run-on sentence. :)

To sum it up, they are new, naive players who simply have to experience failure to learn a lesson as opposed to taking sage advice. In Omni, I think if our true stats were displayed - DISPLAYED ONLY - , so settle down pro-clampers, there would be some level of respect for the opinions of High CR players who are their seniors.
    • Like x 4
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hmm.. I humbly disagree with you on this point; queuing random missions gives no one the right to say their time being wasted whether or not something goes wrong. The RNG/Omni matchmaking does not guarantee that you will finish a mission in "your" time expectations. In my opinion, if you don't have the time do not PUG/Omni anything; you, and only you, are wasting your time if you expect other players to respect your time in a PUG/Omni group. Being kicked from a PUG/Omni group is annoying; however, it does save your time, energy and efforts from being wasted on a group that will not appreciate them.
  10. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I agree with what you said tbh and if I know the content and knowing that it won’t work I’ll decline the queue because the penalty is only 1 minute lol
  11. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I agree with what you said.Others expect the impossible from you when you don’t know if it’ll succeed because they’re under geared
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

I did this all the time since the Omni came out. I know that makes me a "darn decliner" but I already know how tedious some missions are to run, and how even more tedious they are with the average group. I'd rather wait the 1 minute while running my open world dailies than get stuck in a 30 minute+ long run for no reason..
  13. the solowing Unwavering Player

I actually go into wave hoping that groups want to try EO.
    Typically they'll just bolt into the first open tunnel and that's what we'll do xD
  14. the solowing Unwavering Player

What about me tiff! XD
    • Like x 1
  15. the solowing Unwavering Player

Ladies and gentlemen reasons why the 30-minute penalty need to return
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I’ll run Omni with you too!!!!! *hugs*. But you never play anymore. :(
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

A lot of players are kids. If someone in a PUG wants to try EO, or whatever I'll usually humor them for a bit, but if it doesn't work out and they want to keep trying - I just leave. No big deal.

Something like that happened to me once in PW. We went in, a couple of us went straight for the first tunnel, then we realized the rest were not following, so we went back out, but we ended up locked out of the Tyrant fight they'd already started. A minute or so later they wiped, we gave them a sarcastic /clap and everyone sheepishly followed us into the tunnel. :)

Then again - I did get EO feat on my main with a PUG, even though we wiped once, because people didn't know about stopping the burn on Tyrant, so all 4 sub-bosses came out at once. It was fun and very satisfying in the end. This is why I enjoy PUG-life...
  18. the solowing Unwavering Player

You can always find me at one of my sand Islands whether I'm home or not :p
    • Like x 1
  19. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

I’m all for it but they won’t :p
  20. UnboundHeavenlyDemon Well-Known Player

some pugs are good but some just don’t cut it & you can’t reason with em when you tell em the reasons it won’t work
    • Like x 2