Best Third Artifact for Elec Prec?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Joybird, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Joybird Committed Player

I’m struggling to settle on a third artifact for my elec prec dps. I can’t really artifact swap. My two keepers are Transformation and Strategist Cards, but YouTube seems divided on the third. Should ai use:

1. Grim? This is ObsidianChill’s recommendation, even after Quislet came out. I use Thunderclap for AoE dps, but not for Flurry Shot, so the PI is meh.
    2. Quislet? Seems better on paper, but I don’t use powers constantly. Even with SS, not every Flurry Shot is clipped. SC recharge seems nice though.
    3. EoG? I use this as a healer anyway, so it’s one less artifact to level.

Any thoughts?
  2. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

EoG in group content, without a doubt. Circuit breaker is one of the best SC's in game.
    • Like x 2
  3. Joybird Committed Player

Interesting! I thought that EoG only gives supercharge if I'm healer or tank. Am I misreading it? If not, what is the benefit of EoG for dps?
  4. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

It only drops green circles (which regenerates SC) if you are healer or tank.
    If you are controller or dps you drop orange circles, which boost your dps stats, and sum damage done from within the circle while it's active.

So for example, you pop circuit breaker with eye of gemini in dps role, it drops an orange circle, while standing in the circle, you and everyone else that is in it will have a boost to might & prec stats if they have eye of gemini slotted, as well as 25% of the damage everyone in the circle does is distributed to all targets in red target range when circle expires.

so if you are in the circle and do 100k of damage, when the circle disappears, it will create a 25k tick.

Orange circles can stack with the damage mechanic, so if one person pops theres, then you pop yours on top of that one, you will get 25% of the damage of the first orange circle.

I'm not sure if the stat bump stacks.

each player can only drop one orange at a time, and at rank 200 i think they last 6 seconds
    • Like x 1
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

If ur gonna wear eog make sure u are a spam supercharge build. use seaside restart to spam ur combat ally make sure your Allie is after hitting under 6sec and that he's standing in ur eog this is wear eog becomes extremely broken especially at close range for rage powerset. Just get ur hands on any powerset that has an extremely short and powerful cooldown u can spam and turn dcuo into a cake walk. Run that build with others and watch u turn reg into event and elite into reg turning elite runs into 10mins and reg runs into 5mins. DC universe's extremely unbalanced at the moment wish we had more Developers
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

ObsidianChill did an update Quislet vs. Grim about a year ago. Quislet does extra damage on a supercharge, plus also does SC regen at rank 200. I think now he recommends Quislet over Grim unless your Prec and need Grim for the power regen penalty removal when Robot Sidekick is out.
    • Like x 1
  7. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Quislet is better Grim in almost every way. Even in single target where you could expect Grim to shine... it's about the same. AoE? Quislet dominates. You're also getting free supercharge. You don't need the polarize pi.

You should be clipping almost every weapon combo... but even if you aren't... Quislet's Megablast doesn't reset THAT fast anyway.

Obviously EoG and Scrap in the right circumstances is better but for Alerts, Duos, and pugged raids? Quislet is probably the best thing you could have.
    • Like x 2
  8. Joybird Committed Player

Okay, I had a chat with ObsidianChill on YouTube. He said that Quislet has surpassed Grim, even for precision. However, he said that the best three artifacts for precision dps are trans, strat and EoG.
  9. Joybird Committed Player

I chatted with ObsidianChill again about the best third artifact, if EoG gets nerfed. This time, he said that it was either Venom Wrist Dispenser or Quislet.

My thinking is that VWD might be better before level 200, and then Quislet takes over, because of the special abilities that you unlock at 160 and 200. If they're a toss up at 200, then VWD is probably ahead before 200. Thoughts?