New Forum Avatars

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Eve YouTuber

Thread number #3424324 after 3 years... did Mepps lose the files to upload those? Cause otherwise I don't see a reason why we haven't gotten them still. They made the forums experience abit more fun and we did not have everyone with the same avatars :oops:
    • Like x 6
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I want my Oracle avatar, dangit! I'm a devout Oraclite! :p
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

Still waiting on Grail :( Not sure if Megzilla made Oracle. She only confirmed Grail afaik, but I can try dig my old thread where she replied.
    • Like x 1
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

There are avatars?...

:p
    • Like x 2
  5. Eve YouTuber

Shh. Also I am jealous you have this one, no one can pick it up anymore lol
    • Like x 1
  6. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Would nice to have animated versions of the characters. Like Young Justice Zatanna or Apokolips War Wonder Woman. That would be cool :eek:
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

Maybe you can donate to Extra Life to upoad animated DC Avatars xD Idk if we will ever get to upload what we want but yes those would be cool. Or maybe the animated talking mentors and such from old days before the communication images lol
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

It would be cool, but unfortunately they don't have access to that as the extra-comic stuff isn't included in their licensing. Young Justice Artemis/Tigress is still the true version for me, though, and I'd love to see her come to the main universe comics somehow (and that would even make it so she could potentially come to the game like Khaldur!)
    • Like x 1
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

We should just be allowed to upload what we want under the typical forum avatar restrictions. But everyone's gotta be punished because of a few spoiled apples of the past. :(
    • Like x 5
  10. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Maybe they could do an Extra Life incentive where you can get an avatar done of one of your characters just for your account. That would be pretty easy to control and would do some good in the process!
    • Like x 2
  11. General Zod 10000 Post Club

Still waiting on my Zod avatar Mepps. :(
    • Like x 2
  12. Isif Committed Player

Joker.:(
    • Like x 1
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Wasn’t it because people were using marvel characters as avatars ?
  14. Eve YouTuber

My thoughts is that someone put a naughty picture. But I wasn't around back then so idk for sure lol
  15. Proxystar #Perception

My guess is allowing people to use any and all images creates copyright compliance issue for a company that's an officially licenced DC provider cause, yeah, if I were to have a Wolverine image it might send a conflicting message.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The forums are undergoing a substantial upgrade, and at the end of that we'll have all the new avatars, too.
    • Like x 15
  17. Eve YouTuber

[IMG]
    That's actually great news, thank you!
    • Like x 4
  18. Proxystar #Perception

oh interesting, what sort of upgrades, is it all going to look different? or it mostly back end?
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It will be quite similar, but with 2023 bells and whistles vs. 2013 bells and whistles.
    • Like x 8
  20. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

In be for someone comes in and complains that this is the reason we have less dlcs and other bells and whistles in game
    • Like x 4