Sins of black Adam has the laziest story so far in DCUO.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lucidex, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Lucidex Active Player

Now i know we don't exactly play DC for top notch story telling, but this was such a bad episode it's probably the worst in the whole game.

Ignoring how short it is.
    Why does this story goes against the entire Isis arc in this game? Why are we allied with black adam all of a sudden after he tried to consume the souls of Gotham university students to resurrect isis? And the whole Kahndaq raid story?

Ok, and why are we suddenly ok to exchange our soul for hers? Who wrote this? So if Neron agreed on the exchange we would be dead and game over?

Why are the other heroes suddenly ok and helping Adam restore his dead wife when wonder woman literally said before "nothing good can come of this".

How lazy the whole splitting isis in Twain thing, What do you mean by "Deadly and Virtuous isis" so is she alive or dead?
    It's just such a lazy story, and such lazy writing.
    • Like x 4
  2. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Lol if you think this story is lazy, go check out every DLC they have ever released. They stopped telling stories with the end of the trilogies.
    • Like x 2
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

maybe the real story is the friends we made along the way.

lol. I'm kidding. can you imagine? write your own story. everything else is just noise.
    • Like x 5
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't know....have you played the BOP content? You know the one where more than 1/2 the 'birds' consist of Catwoman, Harley, Ivy... and one of the 2 raids consists of trying to track down and defeat Oracle's 'sad and lonely' robot avatar?

And the Harley daily mission was to basically rescue or recapture CATS. Man...if only there were a member of the team who that would better fit for? Hmmmmm.....anyone?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. Empress_Orana Well-Known Player

Lol friendship is the never ending story.

Honestly they should just release raids and be like here you fat pigs eat this for the next 5 months. Go! Fetch!

Oh wait. They’re already doing that
    • Like x 1
  6. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Anything constructive actually planning to happen in this thread? How you would have written the story, what the script would have been like, how it would effect the game going forward?

Constructive Criticism is essential for a games growth. I'm not defending the story by the way, it was lacking alright, I'm simply pointing out the manner in which it's being criticised is not helpful, and one in particular is just plain nasty.

Genuinely interested to see everyone's ideas of a better story.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I miss when story lines had a hero and villain POV with separate agendas.
    • Like x 10
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Hal Jordan at the end of war of light trilogy

"Thanks".

/end
    • Like x 6
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Thank you for highLIGHTing why Hal Jordan is the worst Green Lantern in comic book history.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Both him and John Stewart to be fair.
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I agree this episode felt short but I disagree with story being lazy. It's just really fast paced. I attribute it to just how comic book stories work; I don't know as I don't really read comic books. I'm into anime.

Anyway, this story implies to me that it draws upon past interactions we had with Black Adam and Isis to form a base for this story arc. I enjoyed how we got to participate in re-uniting Black Adam with the love of his life. We got to share in his desperation to rescue Isis. We got to experience Deadly Isis's sense of hurt from her feeling rejected by Black Adam. And finally we got to experience helping Black Adam achieve his goal of re-uniting with Isis in more ways than one.

It was face paced. I stated in another thread I wouldn't have been adverse to this story being spread out to make it more detailed. Either way, I have found this DLC enjoyable.

Expanding future stories by developing a more emotional bond between the players and the characters in the story could be a way to improve the enjoyment of a DLC. Another MMO I play achieves this, and in the current DLC they released titled Endwalker, me & my sister both cried from playing it because of the emotional attachment the story created between the characters and us the players.
    • Like x 4
  12. The Con Dedicated Player

All-in-all I like the DLC....

But, yeah, story is muddled and brief.

We start in Kahndaq which has been taken over by Neron... we then do a solo to help Black Adam where Neron pulls a bad genie twist - "You should have been more specific! Mwah! Hah! HAH!" - and Neron then takes over Kahndaq. :confused:
    Was the solo a flashback? o_O

Then an alert to get an orb ... to find deadly Isis already there.:rolleyes:

We then have 2 raids to undo the Neron deal that Black Adam just made.:oops:

The end.:(
    • Like x 2
  13. Proxystar #Perception

I cried too when Hal Jordan said "thanks" in that DLC years ago, which shows what you're saying is true.

Hal Jordan's expression of thanks in climax of years of effort touched my heart as a player in ways that words cannot express, it was truly magical.
    • Like x 5
  14. The Con Dedicated Player

Easy.

Just do one of the best Black Adam stories ever.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

It's kind of what the original Black Adam instances/story were seemingly leading up to.
    • Like x 3
  15. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Good suggestion but missing a lot of detail. World War III makes absolutely no sense unless you've read JSA Black Reign, JSA Black Vengeance, and The Rise and Fall of an Empire (Collected).

If DCUO jumped straight to World War III the story would be that Black Adam murders 2 million people in Bialya with absolutely no context or reason.

It's a good idea of where to end up, but not at all a great replacement for what we got. It'd be even more confusing.
    • Like x 1
  16. The Con Dedicated Player

We were already pretty much there with Isis' death at the beginning of the game... maybe he could have found out that Bialya was behind her death...

...or we could have had Black Adam simply lose his ++++ after the deal with Neron backfires.
    • Like x 1
  17. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

This is what I mean though. The Events of World War III are the aftermath of everything. The World hunting down Teth Adam afterwards. Rise and Fall of an Empire Collected edition is really what you're after. The mad scientists on Oolong Island reviving the 4 Horsemen of Apokolips for Chang Tzu and killing Amon and Adrianna.

Problem there though is I can't see DCUO telling a story that mature. I mean Adam completely wipes out Bialya searching for Death, buildings crushing innocent men women and children and all. I think there was even a panel once the JSA arrived to help out where Jay Garrick says he couldn't find one single survivor. It's arguably one of DCs darkest vengeance stories.

Still though, appreciate the effort of at least trying to come up with something instead of just mocking the game with no sign of a solution anywhere. At least now there's some form of constructive criticism in here.
    • Like x 1
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

Truth be told, that could actually work as a multi-part DLC

Teth Adam goes around killing millions of people in a rampage.

Solo -> Investigate wtf is going on
    Duo -> Adam is not around Khandaq, go over there to find clues.
    Group -> There seems to be a conflict threat, try to avoid it.
    Raid -> We failed to avoid a conflict, someome go stop Black Adam.

"Oh, but it's the aftermath".

Then we move to another episode, not necessarily sequential, where we slowly find out what led to this aftermath and heroically stop whoever caused this.
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I don't think this story is lazy; in my opinion it's short, sweet and incomplete. It is open to move in many directions if the devs decide to move forward with this story arc.

Since this is a 'teen' rated game, the devs can only push the comic stories so far; I don't think they would be able to tell the "grimier" comic book version here, as it would push the game to 'mature' rating status. I think this is why we are getting the kinder, gentler version of the story, with Isis having her soul split apart and then put back together again.

Even in the "Death of Superman" content, Superman could not die with his eyes closed and his blood could not be shown; these attributes allowed the devs to maintain the 'teen' rating of the game.
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

:eek:
    • Like x 1