Favorite environment art

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Chewsy, May 13, 2022.

1. Chewsy Well-Known Player

What is some of your favorite environment art in the game?

Some of my favorites are:

Monsters of Metal (raid), Atlantis (open world), Fractured God Sphere (raid), The Power Core (raid), The Source Wall (raid), Fellowship of the Arcane (raid), Shattered Gotham (raid), Oan Sciencecells (alert), New Genesis (open world), Paradox Wave (raid),

Kudos to all the artists that work on DCUO!
    • Like x 1
  2. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Part of the trigon episode, the Gotham wastelands open world area.
    Part of the halls of power episode, the New Genesis open world area.
    Hive alert t1
    Arkham asylum alert t1
    Buldhaven alert t1
    Gorilla island alert t1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Gotham Wastelands and Patchwork.

Gotta mention though....least favorite...The Necro/Arti/NGN/Resource Recovery tunnels. The walls, ceiling, floor are all the same color, blur together and are a PITA to navigate, especially if I'm not on my big screen. I hate that place...gives me a headache. Any time I go there for any content I groan a little.
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

Olympus, Thanagar, Fractured God Sphere and the Bombshells raid area where we see all the bombshells fighting in certain areas of the room, and rescuing 2 of them and they join us.

But Olympus is my all time favorite environment. I just really feel like I am actually there whenever I run this raid.
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Gotham Wastelands
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Top favorite will always be Nanda Parbat.
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

personally, my favourite areas in this game have always been Gotham & Metropolis, particularly Metropolis. it's one of the reasons I enjoy the seasonals so much, they give me a reason to go back & hang out there. I loved Gotham Wastelands when I used to get there, but haven't been back there for a goodly yaron, now. Atlantis & Patchwork are both lovely. oh, yeah, & l liked Thanagar. I'd've liked a more expansive Thanagar.
    • Like x 1
  8. KidKretz Committed Player

i can easily fall asleep to the sounds of Atlantis open world :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Chewsy Well-Known Player

I always liked Gotham more than Metro. Gotham feels more dense and alive to me. Downtown Metro always felt kinda dead and empty, even when we went into the open world a lot (Chinatown is awesome though). Patchwork is a good one; I forgot to mention that one!
    • Like x 1
  10. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Atlantis & Gotham Wastelands :cool:
  11. Achikah All About That Base

The House of Mystery in Fellowship of the Arcane is by far my favorite. I really adore the details in Limbo Town as well; the little farming plots, the dock, and the details added to the porches. -chef's kiss- Perfection.

Gotham Wasteland/Fractured God Sphere/Monsters of Metal in their entirety, the dam area in Bombshell, the moonpools in Spindrift Station, and church area of Desecrated Cathedral are other things that really made me stop in awe.

Biggest let down was probably Thanagar. It is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but having waited almost a decade for this to be added and it being such a small area and not utilized in the DLC instances...? That broke my heart. :oops: