Test Discussion Episode 43: Powerset Robot Sidekicks

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ranmaru Developer

For this explicit issue I'm unsure if there is a proper resolution for this there is a lot of background stuff that occurs when casting the summon that I have less control over. That being said if their are RSK related issues please post in the Bugs section of the forums or send me a DM.
    As I don't want to distract from the intent of this thread and would like to keep it on topic.
  2. Time Warped Level 30

Would it be possible to move the reskin rsk to our abilities so this does happen? Kinda like Crystal and Fury
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If you will allow it to fit into the elemental form for ice would it be possible to also allow it to go into the arbiter of destiny form for sorcery? Currently rsk can’t be put in that form.
    • Like x 1
  4. BloodIust Active Player

Sorcery pets dont despawn idk if that could help with making it so RSK dont either
  5. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Any plan to have Cursed version option for celestial?
  6. Ranmaru Developer

We have a villain version for celestial, there was a slight problem with the assets cooking into the build so the visuals for it will be delayed till next build.
    • Like x 2
  7. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Ok nice
  8. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

Can't edit that post now, so adding here the word: adjust
    (Seeing this word in every other patch note out there in different programs, sites, platforms etc., so I'll take it here: adjusted. :D)
  9. GermanM Committed Player

That is because the sorcery pet is a power that the character know´s. as earth´s and gadgets pets. I believe the only way to fix this is make RSK a skill innate in all power sets.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Yes, when you switch armories, you are essentially repurchasing RSK. That's how it's always been with armories.
    I still don't understand why we have to purchase iconics and movement mode powers post revamp, but that is for another thread. (See signature.)

FYI, it also happens to Gadgets' Turret when you switch to your other role. Which is because Turret used to be different and do different things on gadgets for either role
  11. Proxystar #Perception

As an Earth Player, I noticed you changed the Robot Sidekick to the magma version. I just wanted to come and express my "lesser preference" for this magma variant, I feel like this variant is too close to a fire type variant, even the aura around the gemstone shield looks fiery.

I prefered the dust storm and the dust blast effects, this doesn't give off an Earth like feel it feels like fire (I get it's magma, volcano etc) but Yeah I really don't like it, sorry, preferred the other Earth one, much much more.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Bag?

An atomic robot either doesn't use a shield or doesn't have any visual representation of a shield.

Some robots, after changing powerset, remain at the old powersets visualy (after the resumon, everything returns to normal).

Impression:

After the changes, the sorcerer's shield is probably the best of all...
    The earth robot looks much more attractive (although it is very similar to a fire robot, however, you can use a ember chroma material... it is a little darker than magma ...), I liked the previous shield more, but this one is probably more thematically suitable ....
    Nature... well... looks different...
    Quantum robot's special attack... well, it's very thick compared to others... but it looks interesting...

Question:

To what extent is it possible in the market token to turn a one powerset robot onto a robot from another ?
  13. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Powerset robot sidekicks! Awesome! Now that's thinking outside of the box. I'll be sure to check it out. Thank you.
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Re: Earth's appearance, I've made another pass that should be a compromise and meet in the middle. Won't be able to adjust further until after it's Live and if overwhelming preferences emerge then we can see about changes. Not everyone will be happy with every look but this new one is a lot less fire, has more dirt, some embers, magma, etc.

And no, not at this time for a market token to override your powerset robot sidekick options.

Also hopefully a fix for real for Atomic shield.

These won't go up tonight but rather tomorrow at the earliest.
    • Like x 4
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks will take a look when its up :)
  16. Jcal Dedicated Player

Haven't seen either of the new Earth RSK, but I'd like to put down another vote for the "dusty, stony" camp. I greatly prefer the Terrestrial Aura/Material look; or the smooth look of the Stone Chroma, and of course the vanilla Earth effects of Unstoppable, Soothing Sands, etc.

The Terrestrial Chroma is a bit much for me, but this look would be a fair compromise if we have to get brighter. But yeah, please no Magma or Ember.
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

You're getting Ember for now or strait up dust/dirt. Client files are locked but the data can be changed. There simply will be no pleasing everyone with this but internally and so far externally, there was negative reception over positive reception to the initial offering. That can change but that's how the numbers swung, despite you two showing towards then end. ;)

Basically client files exist for the brighter Terrestrial chroma you see now, any of the Ember chromas which are darker, and what I put in that you'll see tomorrow which is just ember, not chroma, so it has the glowing cracks but not flaming bits of moving material that the Ember and Terrestrial shared. There is also the original implementation which is an Earth chroma from EP37 that Amazo used.

Maybe we'll get Mepps to send out a poll. :p
    • Like x 3
  18. Proxystar #Perception

If I'm allowed to be entirely honest, I like the appearance of this new magma variant itself, it's not that part that bothers me too intently, it's the animations itself, the little balls for example, don't feel like Earth in comparison to the dust storm/dust expulsion beam, in an ideal world (and I know this is my personal preference) I'd probably retain an ember appearance but replace the attack animations with the previous dust/dirt variants also the shield I'd keep the gemstone shield but incorporate a toned back version of the dust storm you had on the previous model to surround it, similar to the effects around a player using soothing sands.

when I spawned the earth one as well the small number of magma rocks left me under whelmed especially compared to some of the others, I mean fire has a massive fire explosion and green lantern has a cool construct breaking effect, but Earth has a "plop, couple of rocks". I wish the animation for spawn/despawn as well had some sort of whirlwind storm effect as well like a debris field and the robot pops up out of the debris field or also comes out of a massive windstorm like you had surrounding the previous model.

I know I'm giving you very specific feedback relating to Earth, because I am earth and I hope I'm not coming across as insulting towards what you have produced, I'm just wanting to also give honest feedback from a player/customer actually using the power on live and also not just testing something I never intend or wish to use on live. :)
  19. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Most of these robots look awesome. Thank you for the addition
  20. CodedKills Well-Known Player

Could other iconic powers be changed to become useable in ice elemental form like robot sidekick is? Some like hard light shield, lasso, and heat vision if not the whole iconic tree.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.