Dear Devs: On The Topic of Griefing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Hraesvelg Always Right

Eh, I should probably have noted that I very, very rarely run with anything less than six or seven leaguemates deep for it, so we're all on the lookout. Keeps people from slippin'. I've been caught a few times, myself. Start watching YouTube and zone out a bit...blam. Mechanics to the face. If you want a fully padded, on the rails funtime adventure, isn't that what event mode is for?
    • Like x 1
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

My answer to that is that I’ve run SDn 3-4 times a week since launch, and I’ve not yet encountered a group where that fight lasts longer than a couple of minutes.

I know people have different senses of humour, but I sometimes feel that people are just looking for things to be outraged about.

I still haven’t got over the post on here by the religious person who wanted Justice League Dark episode to have no feats because it offended their sensibilities and they wanted to skip the DLC AND not miss out on feats. They were quite happy for the rest of us to have a DLC with no feats because it suited them. The day I read that post is the day I realised that there are people in this community who want the game to be be built around their own personal idea of fun, and to hell with the rest of us.

Is being made to run a (by any standard) short boss fight a second time really what people consider griefing? I thought griefing was repeated and systematic. It seems a bit melodramatic to me.
    • Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well as it happens almost every run, blocking 7 people per run might have you kind of lonely for the next DLC. That and accidents do happen. I had to switch to tank on one run(tank got fragged early and couldn't get grabbed) and the armory had my orbital vs the pet I'd normally swap in if I started as tank. Muscle memory kicked in and whoops....so it does happen honestly sometimes. We got through it, but as I use the Starheart frag orbital, it was pretty easy to know who did it if anyone inspected (and I had not already said...'whoops' in chat) as that one is not used by a lot of people.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If it happens once...nah, that's not griefing. When it happens more than once, that's when I see it as such. When the burn is good and someone wipes the group by accident or stupidity...no biggie. But when the burn is atrocious (i'm literally, on my worst rotation DPS tripling the next best DPS) that's when it's truly not funny in the least.
    • Like x 1
  5. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

This suggestion I gave is in relation to the OP's problem. For pranksters. When no one knows the mechanics, the way is to teach.
  6. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I like how they throw a monkey wrench in like that. It becomes griefing/annoying when the content has been out and players don’t learn. On the flip side, when was the last time a group would stop before a boss and switch out trinkets, pets, supercharges, loadout, hmm? It’s more like “some” players are in a rush and don’t care if they have the wrong item on that kills the whole group.

And yeah, just roll out and laugh at those who didn’t. Hahaha. It really needs in the damage log on who dropped one.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You'd still be ignoring 7 people for 1 prankster....in the end that's locking out a lot of people for one a-hat. And again, I announced I did it...most people who do it...prankster or honest mistake will just move on hoping it slides. You'd have to assume one or the other so a blanket ignore isn't really doing anything constructive for you.

I'm 100% for ignoring someone I know did it as a 'prank', the ignore list is a wonderful thing (although it could be better).
    • Like x 1
  8. Miss Adora Loyal Player

too bad they didn't design it on whom ever drops the orbital, it targets them.
    • Like x 2
  9. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I understand your post. That's why I don't often venture into this world of pugs. But when you go to play with no pretensions it's fun.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh man...my kicking boots would need a new heel real quick.
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

My solution would be to one shot anyone who uses an orbital instantly before their orbital even spawn instead of wiping the group for the inabilities of an individual or the boredness of a troll