Sorcery DPS questions.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Pale Rage, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm slowly building up a Sorcery DPS, but I'm curious of rotations for a full pet and source shard build. I'm not looking to top the charts with this, it's an alt, and I want to have fun with it rather than be competitive on the score card (if it happens to be so, it is what it is).

Artifacts must be: Grim (of course, a pet), Quislet (oh my, another pet), and source shard.

Obviously I'm going to want offering and godwave strength in the tray. I'm curious if Grand summon is powerful (used to be) still?
    What suggestions do you have for other tray powers for aoe, and ST?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

So you have 2 trains of thought when using a pet build with sorcery. You’ll either use fury and offering or robot sidekick.

So using fury you’d have 4 mandatory abilities. Fury, offering, godwave, and a supercharge
    Without fury you’d have 3 mandatory abilities. Robot, godwave, and a supercharge

The loadout that you choose is personally preference. Using the fury youd have 1 spam ability and 1 stronger ability. Usually being soul barrage. And for the robot ability you can have more freedom with your loadout. You can use 3 3 second abilities or 1 longer cooldown, 1 3 second cooldown, and 1 spam ability. You’d normally want soup barrage as one of the slots.

So a loadout would look like this for each set up:

Fury: soul bolt, soul barrage, offering, godwave, fury, sc
    Robot: transmutation, soul barrage, soul storm, godwave, robot sidekick, sc

With the robot loadout you’ll just use 123 over and over. And hit godwave when off cooldown. With the fury set up you’ll wants to hit would barrage and than bolt until barrage is off cooldown. As for godwave you want to hit off cooldown but when offering is getting close to coming off cooldown you want to hold off on using godwave. Instead wait for offering to be off cooldown and the you hit godwave followed by offering. This way the offering tick is bugged by godwave.

I PERSONALLY like the robot loadout more only because I feel like I’m holding off on godwave with the fury loadout to time it with offering which slows down the rotation making it feel more clunky to me personally.

For single target you can replace the weaker abilities for vengeance since it hit harder for ST.

And regarding SCs. I personally don’t like 10,000 cost supercharges since I find myself always waiting to use for bosses. So at times I’ll be sitting at max SC. So I use neo venom instead.
    • Like x 2
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Aoe: fury/godwave/offering/soul bolt/ shard or transmute super builder. Shard hits harder itself but coming up to a set of adds, transmute is better to apply pi to let fury hit full steam. So for trash adds I usually use both and then add heavy boss fights, switch to baleful super. Boo belt with mom, baby, and jr amd highest level trinket for 4th slot so you have your cr as high as possible. Always hit GW THEN offering so fury doesn’t waste the big hit. Mine hits for 150k when fully buffed by aquaman passive. Throw shard at 50% GW cool down amd it’s pretty much an automatic reset for it.

At: same but switch soul bolt to vengeance and shard to finisher. Polymorph for the super spot. Normal utility belt with supply/ ST turret (it won’t steal your GW damage), orbital, and trinket. Before you super, call sd, drink cola, pop GW then super then feed fury asap. Should be seeing 5 ticks from poly that crit over 100k each and in solos or duos, bosses will transform so drop orbital while they are. Do the same thing with final ruin as shard, hit it at 50% GW cool down and again it’s almost an automatic cools down reset. You’ll be 20mil above pugs in both columns with this and probably beat most sweatys in the 2nd column by a mil or 2.
    • Like x 1
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sorry, late edit. Karmic suspension not transmute for aoe. And “at” should be ST. Sorry, still getting used to this new phone
    • Like x 1
  5. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Thanks for the tips and suggestions! It'll be a while before I get this one up, but I wanted to get an idea of what tray to run. Thanks again!
    • Like x 1
  6. timeezy9 New Player

Hello, will La Mort be better over Quislet? Also, does henchmen steal your GW strength? Ty
  7. L T Devoted Player

LaMort is a decent single target might artifact. It doesn't exactly fit in with the Pet Theme.

Quislet is, in my mind, primarily a Supercharge artifact. You build supercharge faster and, like Fury with Offering, using a Supercharge powers up Quislet's hard-hitting attacks. That pairs well with the Source Shard artifact since you can use the Source and your SC to "double-buff" Quislet.

Unfortunately, Henchmen can "steal" your godwave strength. You'd never want one of your henchmen buffed instead of Quislet or Fury.
    • Like x 3
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yup, what Lt said. You will only want to ever have quislet/ fury/ grim out so use turrets in place of henchmen or trinket pets. And I tried for a long time with la mort and solar and a few other artifact combos and what I put up above topped them all easily. And you yourself can be dodging/ blocking/ rolling to survive and not lose out on much dps. Let alone all the added dps during reflects or some cc attacks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

With the gifts and the last artifact metals I had, I added a little cash:
    My sorcery toon is sitting at 354 today, augments around 290-295, grim at 145, Quislet at 161, source shard 160, and I'm honestly surprised this setup isn't the FOTM lol. I can only imagine at full finish, that this is going to be killing it! It's running parcers much higher than I expected. I'll be looking forward to the next 2x-xp week, might be able to get one artifact up to max. Not sure if I would want that source maxed for the 3 pets, or Quislet maxed for that SC gain. Well timed SC+godwave+offering makes for some seriously high damage. I've gotten used to watching fury charge bar, occasionally I can get godwave on when it's full, then offering to fill it back up, and, wait, the adds are dead now lol.
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah it’s brutal when done right. And yeah unfortunately you really want them at 200. They all do so good at that level.
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I think grim will be the last one to get to 200. At 160 it'll perform fine (until the other 2 reach 200), due to the pi applied to all targets (obviously the stats and percentage boosts will be welcome). I'll get grim to 160, then I'm still torn on which one to get to 200. More SC = more damage, but so does the 3 pet buff.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

One thing you want to remember is that fury can’t be tested on sparring targets. Dummies gives back power to pets too. This means that fury and crystal will be using their big hits more often.

Now, you could run with a troll that uses the bop art to give power to your fury (I personally do use bop cause it’s fun seeing crystal and fury going berserk lol).
    • Like x 3
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Good plan. Since your grim won’t be applying your pi, I’d definitely be using the supercharge generator move for applying pi. Fury hits like a truck with offering gw and pi. And I’m not sure it will ever be fotm while EoG sharing and buff trolls exist but it is definitely the most stand alone capable power meaning you don’t need to rely on a troll or spams to be efficient vs all the other same old same old setups.
    • Like x 2
  14. L T Devoted Player

I *think* that the dummies only proc every 6-8 seconds, so it doesn't skew damage as bad as you'd think as long as you're buffing your pet on cool down. On the other hand, it completely negates the power regen effect that comes with having your pet out.

I really wish there was a way to turn that off.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yes that’s true but at the same time, offering has a 6 second cooldown so it’s essentially a double offering unless you are able to line up offering with the power tick. And if you get (un)lucky you might get the power tick to trigger while godwave is up and get a double GW boosted offering attack
  16. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Yeah, sparring targets are pretty useless unfortunately but you can get a couple here and there that are accurate. Real world results are a better indication anyway. I just keep my combat log up and do 10sec parsers on random add groups in open world
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, I've gotten different numbers while in content, generally a bit higher, but occasionally lower, and I think that variable number is due to godwave only hitting 2 pets out of 3, so it's occasionally that fury doesn't get it. I'll be continuing to keep an eye on the damage numbers, v as this sorcery stuff is pretty fun!
  18. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Maybe my luck is just unbelievable but I’ve always seen fury get the buff no matter how many pets I had out. I was starting to wonder if maybe source prioritized fury and crystal
    • Like x 1
  19. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Maybe I've just got poor luck, but there's been a occasional time when 8 didn't see the aura from godwave on fury. Maybe graphics not showing it then, but I'd be interested to know if it does place priority on such summoned pets! If it is, then it's just poor rendering of the aura on my system then. I'll have to keep a closer eye on my numbers to see if fury gets the constant boost, thanks for that info (thought)!
  20. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

So I paid real close attention yesterday and this morning, to my fury. There were a few times it didn't get the godwave (mine buffs 2 pets atm, and I'm running 3 pets constantly). So, perhaps you have high luck lol. Might be a different factor at 200 source shard, that ensures the primary pet gets it, I don't know.