Sooo what’s this beetle suit?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Trykz, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

Style everyone is so excited about?
    I know it’s gonna be a members reward style
    What I mean is what’s it based on? I don’t remember ever hearing about a blue beetle super hero
    Blue beetle mega fans feel free to pounce lol
  2. Eve YouTuber

Mepps confirmed that It is not ready yet:
    This is Blue Beetle

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  3. Trykz Dedicated Player

Ok why are they cool?
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

I'm not a Blue Beetle fan but maybe BumblingB will chime in and explain lol, I didn't vote for Beetle I wanted Yara Flor : p
    • Like x 3
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Hmm, he looks evil. Is he a villain?
    • Like x 1
  6. Trykz Dedicated Player

The face mask is kind of dope and I like the hand blaster style
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

They gave us a survey to show which hero or villain we wanted to get their styles. Six Dimension Superman was given to us (I voted on that one), other people have voted for Blue Beetle. If you aren’t familiar with Blue Beetle I suggest watching Young Justice or playing Injustice. There’s also different colors of the Scarab such as black and green.
    • Like x 4
  8. Eve YouTuber

Nope, hero. There was another version of Blue Beetle before this guy
    • Like x 2
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Google exists:
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Jaime_Reyes_(Prime_Earth)

No.

I understand no one reads the comics anymore but does no one watch television?
    • Like x 6
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Is it because he’s hispanic? -____- jk lol
  12. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Miguel?! Is that you? haha
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

They said we would get livestreams show how they developed a style when it won but not much has really been said other then it wouldn't be the Anniversary event style. To tell you the truth I'm looking at it like it might be 50/50 chance we get it this year or it might be like other stuff in the past that was promised and we never see it.
    • Like x 1
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

The blue beetle style isn’t finished yet as Mepps have said in another thread.
    • Like x 2
  15. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

You summoned?

Jaime Reyes was the 3rd hero that was named Blue Beetle. First two were Dan Garret and Theodore (Ted) Kord.

The Scarab, based on writing, was supposed to be magical, tech, or both. When Dan Garrett had it during the golden age, it gave him super strength and a few other abilities. Think how we have exobytes explaining our powers. As he was dying, he gave it to Ted, his student, who couldn't figure out how to get it tow work. (Which later revealed it was because of his close proximity to Booster Gold's Chrono Particles preventing it from awakening.) Ted instead, because he was rich like Bruce Wayne, and smart, like his Brother From Another Publisher, Peter Parker, built his suit, tech, and franchise.

Fast forward for years of BWAHAHA-ing, Ted was killed by Max Lord. His scarab was taken to the Rock of Eternity (since it was believed to be magical) and it activated and escaped during a big event. It ended up on Jaime Reyes, a young LatinX kid who had no idea on what to do other than being a Teenager in El Paso. His book was written by Keith Giffin, who was one of the halves of the Bwahaha Blue and Gold days of the JLI.

The powers on Jaime's Scarab is a sentient tech based battle armor that was created by an alien species called the Reach. Which are bug like people that like to conquer worlds. The scarab was damaged in it's travel to earth, otherwise it would take over an indigenous person to conquer the world for the Reech. (Think Goku/Kakurott from DBZ.)

Anyways, he is a really cool character and his tech costume is really neat. I think a lot of people will love the new style.

I think the hype for it was how long ago the voting process was and the fact it's not done yet, after over a year.
    • Like x 9
  16. Skybree_nz New Player

There is only one Blue Beetle style worth having, this wasn't the one. Also, by the time they release the style, the Movie will be on HBO.
  17. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I'm more inclined to believe it will end up in a time capsule or canceled all together.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They've said several times it's not going to be in a Time Capsule.
    • Like x 2
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

There’s a movie coming out? That’s new, I’ll have to check out the trailer.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Mepps already debunked this foolish theory. Repeating it over and over won't make it true.
    • Like x 1